Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic No longer confused about Update 18 ;) (Read 5957 times)
Persiflage
Abbot Raider

No longer confused about Update 18 ;)
May 9th, 2013 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Original question duly answered by someone who was, unlike me, paying attention.  Many thanks  Cheesy

(At least I was right about one thing: I was, indeed, missing something.  For a value of "something" approximately equal to "everything".)
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 7:54am by Persiflage »  

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Re: Confused about the Update 18 "expansion"
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2013 at 4:44am
Print Post  
Can you also help me out? Where is the source that states, it is an "expansion"?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2013 at 5:09am
Print Post  
It's not the expansion... it's something that is going to be put in live before the expansion... as a preparation for the expansion, like what was done with the harbour and the Spinner chain...

When the expansion is there I'm sure we will be able to jump somewhere else from Wheelon Docks
( or maybe straight from Eveningstar. ) if we bought it.

U18 will be 3 Quests, and Wheelon. Maybe Iconic Character Bladeforged. ( as a teaser for the Faerun ones )

Then we will have the expansion ( Shadowfell Conspiracy ) that will have an undisclosed number of quests ( I'd say 2/3 Chains of 3/4 quests ) and a raid, a level raise to 28, maybe a few more Epic Destinies, Faerun Iconic Characters, at least one explorer area ( I'd say two though, unless I missed my count in Wheelon )

Then sometime after all that we will get the enhancement clusterfuck...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2013 at 5:46am
Print Post  
That is also my understanding.

Thanks

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2013 at 5:53am
Print Post  
Ahhhh...  That pinging noise you just heard was the sound of comprehension dawning: very much obliged to you.  Smiley  I completely misinterpreted the front page of the wiki; on second reading, there is in fact nothing whatsoever saying that U18 and the expansion are one and the same.  Reading fail on my part, right there.

Normally I'd be keeping track of this shit on the forums, but...  well, yeah.  I had to be revived by a team of paramedics after trying to read the forums just after the update and I haven't been back since.

While I'm having other people do my thinking for me, do you have any links to Official Words on what's going to be in the expansion, or is it too early to say just yet?

And please don't mention the enhancement pass.  The only way I'm managing to enjoy the game at all at the moment is by pretending that it's not happening.

wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Re: No longer confused about Update 18 ;)
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2013 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Oh, and while I'm at it...  do you have a reason to suspect MOAR EPIC DESTINIES!!!1!, or is that just speculation?  I have to say, I like the idea of being able to grab enough fate points to upgrade my second twist slots beyond Tier 2 (most of my toons are on 4/2/1).

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2013 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 7:57am:
Oh, and while I'm at it...  do you have a reason to suspect MOAR EPIC DESTINIES!!!1!, or is that just speculation?  I have to say, I like the idea of being able to grab enough fate points to upgrade my second twist slots beyond Tier 2 (most of my toons are on 4/2/1).

Pure speculation...
Based on the nice drawing they gave us, the Arcane ( Wizard/Bard/Sorc ) and the Monk/Fighter/Rogue bit has 3 destinies while the Druid/Barbarian and the Paladin/Favored Soul only have two.

We are missing Fighter and Cleric specific stuff.

I haven't done the math of the XP needed for 28, but you have to remember that the XP for destinies are not the same numbers and that a LVL 0 Destiny levels fast...

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - May 9th, 2013 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 8:40am:
the Druid/Barbarian...only have two.

It has three.  You're forgetting Primal Avatar.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - May 9th, 2013 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Clerics and Arti's are the only ones missing an ED currently, IIRC.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 9th, 2013 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 9:39am:
Clerics and Arti's are the only ones missing an ED currently, IIRC.

Artis have Shiradi and "Clerics have Shut The Fuck Up And Heal My Barbarian.  You Don't Need To Have Any Of Your Own Fun."

I'm pretty sure that's WAI.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 9th, 2013 at 10:27am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 10:21am:
Artis have Shiradi and "Clerics have Shut The Fuck Up And Heal My Barbarian.  You Don't Need To Have Any Of Your Own Fun."

Which is why I TR'd away from being a cleric long ago.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - May 9th, 2013 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
From Squeak :

Quote:
While they are not proper Release Notes, here are some answers to your questions:

Update 18 is NOT the Shadowfell Conspiracy Expansion Pack
    Update 18 has quests introducing you to the environment and lore that will appear in the Shadowfell Conspiracy
    These Quests are only Heroic difficulty
    While the named loot has not yet been added to the three U18 quests, the three quests will have named loot
    We have renamed "Toughness" (on items) to be "Vitality"
    Bladeforged Iconics are not supposed to be able to reincarnate
    We are working on fixing the Character Copy tool
    We are working on making the Test Dojo door permanent on Lamannia! (While we have a fix, it still needs to be tested.)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/416186-Update-18-is-now-available-on-L...

In lieu of official release notes...
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 7:25pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #12 - May 10th, 2013 at 3:11am
Print Post  

Uh-huh.  I guess it all depends on how you read the destinies...  I mean, hell, Wizards don't really have a destiny to speak of; Magister is a steaming pile of crap.  Any ability which requires that you basically stand still in order to use it is worse than useless, and the DC-boosting aspects (to one school, FFS) are just platform soles to help meet the stupid "you must be this tall to ride" requirements for making spells land.

Draconic Incarnation, too, only has a couple of worthwhile abilities.

Artificers don't have anything Arti-flavoured, although even if they get one some day I can't see anything more useful than Shiradi happening for ranged Artis. 

So we've got:

(Ranged) Artificers = Shiradi!
(Caster) Druids = Shiradi!
(Ranged) Rangers = Shiradi!
Sorcerors = Shiradi!
Wizards = Shiradi!

Agreed that the situation for Clerics is utterly miserable.  But no, wait, if you want to actually participate you can just load up on un-meta'd ray spells and AoE's and take...  SHIRADI!  It even offers Wisdom increases!

So you see, everything is absolutely fucking FINE, OK?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2013 at 5:47am
Print Post  
I know nothing about arties but see them in Shadowdancer/Draconic too.
Ranged ranger or any ranged toon in Shiradi is a fucking nub.
Rebuke is actually pretty good, this "spam light spells until Carpal tunnel in Shiradi for hjealzor" is really stupid, it just doesn't work.
But yes, hjealzors are pretty fucked DC wise.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - May 10th, 2013 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 10th, 2013 at 5:47am:
But yes, hjealzors are pretty fucked DC wise.

We haven't felt the butthurt yet.... But we will feel it as soon as the Improved, Better, More Friendly, More Open, Enhancement Pass comes live.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - May 10th, 2013 at 11:35am
Print Post  

Shiradi is the Ranger tree.  I find it odd that they included offensive spells on all the ranged damage enhancments, given that Rangers....get no offensive spells.  Shiradi is one of the only trees that actually is designed to provide benefits to something that is not core to the base class it is the ED for.  To the point where the destiny is arguably better for Non-Rangers than for Rangers.  (Most tempests are in LD or Fury).   

Nothing in Shiradi even appeals to the temepst side of rangers.  It all focuses on the Fey bullcrap.  Which is totally obnoxious from an RP standpoint.  Rangers aren't necessarily druids and all nature-ish.  Many are more along the stalker/tracker line.  Outdoorsman and survival in the wild types with sneaking, hiding, trapping, tracking, and hunting skills.  Not "lets pop off to have tea with the queen" types.   

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 10th, 2013 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 10th, 2013 at 11:35am:
Shiradi is the Ranger tree. 

You started being wrong here. It only gets worse.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #17 - May 10th, 2013 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 10th, 2013 at 7:38am:
We haven't felt the butthurt yet.... But we will feel it as soon as the Improved, Better, More Friendly, More Open, Enhancement Pass comes live.

The way things are going, I'm likely going to quit playing my DDO Clerics at all. NWO Clerics are simply more fun, and you don't have to worry about conserving SP with them either.

Now if they'd just come out with a Melee Cleric, I'd probably leave DDO completely (I have too much fun with my Horc 19C/1F to abandon him right now, though...)

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #18 - May 10th, 2013 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on May 10th, 2013 at 2:55pm:
The way things are going, I'm likely going to quit playing my DDO Clerics at all. NWO Clerics are simply more fun, and you don't have to worry about conserving SP with them either.

Now if they'd just come out with a Melee Cleric, I'd probably leave DDO completely (I have too much fun with my Horc 19C/1F to abandon him right now, though...)

Good for you, so why should you even have to touch the keyboard while running yur cleric? wouldn't that be even easier?

(what a maroon)

majmalphunktion wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - May 10th, 2013 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You started being wrong here. It only gets worse.

Really?

The DDO compendium, release notes, and the wiki:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies

All agree that Ranger is the heroic class linked to Shiradi.  Could be you are just a moron who can't understand the difference between an ED being useful to a class and being the ED for said heroic class. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #20 - May 11th, 2013 at 12:03am
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on May 10th, 2013 at 2:55pm:

It's interesting how people bitch and moan about how noobs and lazy players and p2win pot chugging morons are all part of the problem with DDO and it was much better back before mana pots when mana conservation was an important skill and it made the game challenging.  And a new game comes out where there is no mana.  Unlimited casting the whole quest long.  Just longer timers on your more powerful spells.  And suddenly unlimited mana is a great thing.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 11th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 11th, 2013 at 12:03am:
And a new game comes out where there is no mana.  Unlimited casting the whole quest long.  Just longer timers on your more powerful spells.  And suddenly unlimited mana is a great thing.

haha

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 12th, 2013 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 10th, 2013 at 11:56pm:
Really?

The DDO compendium, release notes, and the wiki:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies

All agree that Ranger is the heroic class linked to Shiradi.  Could be you are just a moron who can't understand the difference between an ED being useful to a class and being the ED for said heroic class. 

Release notes for u14 make zero mention shiradi being the ranger ed, aside from them both being associated with the primal sphere (and in that case, calling it the barbarian ED makes just as much sense from that distorted perspective). If you're going to pull information out of your ass, at least make sure to double-check it first.

On another note, I'm confused as to why it would even give caster levels to druids then, if it's the 'ranger destiny', whatever the fuck your moronic mind makes of that.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #23 - May 12th, 2013 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Release notes for u14 make zero mention shiradi being the ranger ed, aside from them both being associated with the primal sphere (and in that case, calling it the barbarian ED makes just as much sense from that distorted perspective). If you're going to pull information out of your ass, at least make sure to double-check it first.

On another note, I'm confused as to why it would even give caster levels to druids then, if it's the 'ranger destiny', whatever the fuck your moronic mind makes of that.

Hey, dumbass, can you click on a link?  Try it with the one I posted.  Can you read?  If so, read the table.  Two columns.  Even your moronic ass can do that.  Find Shiradi.  What is the heroic class listed in the next column?  Ranger?  Hmmm.

How is me quoting the wiki "pulling information out my ass"?  When you are saying Shiradi is the the Arti ED even though Arti's are in the Arcane sphere, not the primal sphere.  If someone is pulling shit out of their ass, not checking facts, and basically looking like a complete dumbass, it'd be you.

Time for you to stop posting.  You only making yourself look worse with each one.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #24 - May 12th, 2013 at 11:51am
Print Post  
EDs aren't "specifically" for any class BUT they each STRONGLY identify with a particular class.

GMoF = Monk
Magister = Wizard
Shadowdancer = Rogue

and yes,

Shiradi Champion = Ranger.

Ash is right.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2013 at 11:51am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint