Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Does the Vault have more activity . . . (Read 12830 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Does the Vault have more activity . . .
Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
. . . than the official forums?

The DDO forums get so few post now, especially during work-day hours when it traditionally was busiest.   Now there's barely any posts.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Does the Vault have more activity . . .
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:48am
Print Post  
No, I'd say they're both equally dead.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:59am
Print Post  
We seem to have more dev activity than the official forums.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
The main forums are a ghost town since the new forum roll out.  The fact that it took a good portion of the forum crowd weeks to even be able to login is a big part of it.  Many have gotten out of the habit of going there.  I know I have. 

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
I haven't been over there at all to even click around and read like I used to.  That forum design is just so fucking bad.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
officially, I can tell that seen from Europe, there's there's more activity ( between Azog, Tere and me ) during our work hour than on the official DDO forums.

Hell, I spend more time rummaging through the night ( for me ) posts on the Vault than on the official forums... before they feather_of_sun'ed the forums I was spending more time on the official forums than on the Vault.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Some months ago I was spending 75% of the time in the Vault, 25% in DDO.
Now it is 100% Vault.

Good job, Turbine.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:59am:
We seem to have more dev activity than the official forums.

Too true.   Though the last time Feather posted here it lead to the greatest Epoch post ever.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 1:56pm:
Too true.   Though the last time Feather posted here it lead to the greatest Epoch post ever.

post a link for the newbies...what was Feather's username?

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 2:18pm:
post a link for the newbies...what was Feather's username?

Solar Dawning

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
i used to be 100% vault now im 20% vault, 30% ddo forums, 50% facebook for a total of 100% swarthy

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
0% f keys used

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
0% f keys used

please dont ask for a written transcript
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2013 at 4:21pm by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
I've been to the DDO forums twice in the last 30 days, both times referred from the vault and not out of just going there on my own.

Of course I only look at the vault like once a day now during the work week give or take.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #14 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I pretty much can't read the official forums now, even if I were inclined to, which I'm not. 

At work, we're still on an ancient browser (IE7) which doesn't handle the new site at all well.

At home, I have better things to do than read the "official" forums: like, well, anything at all.

I'm now 100% Vault, except for those very rare occasions when someone posts a link to something that looks like it might be a tidbit worth checking out, at which point I'll use my phone and am invariably disappointed.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #15 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
I gave the new official forums a shot, but gave up on em pretty fast. Turbine's track record on listening to their public is bad enough to be a punchline... and the new WB logo on the tabs displaying the new forum pages instead of DDO logos makes me think this change was inflicted from way above Cordo and Tolero's paygrade. No chance it'll ever be more then just fractionally better then it is now.

It's no secret that I used to hold the other forums in high regard. Well, the people - not the Mods. Jerry can choke on a sloppy dick as far as I'm concerned. But, I enjoyed the community and had a lot of fun with most everybody over there. But the new forums are just horrible enough that I cannot even browse over there anymore.

And sadly, the community was pretty much my last tether to the game itself. I haven't spent more then 45 consecutive minutes in DDO for weeks now... and the times a week I even bother to log in at all is in sharp decline.  I put up with fucking aweful game design for years, swallowed every questionable design choice since Unlimited was put forth, tried to put a polish on every Turbine turd-based expansion. Turbine finding a way to fuck the forums up the ass was just the last straw.

I should  thank them for that, at least. It was beyond time to move on from this cluster-fuck of a game. At least they helped me find the impetus to do so at long last.

Fuck Turbine. They deserve themselves.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:48pm:
I put up with fucking aweful game design for years, swallowed every questionable design choice since Unlimited was put forth, tried to put a polish on every Turbine turd-based expansion. Turbine finding a way to fuck the forums up the ass was just the last straw.

I should  thank them for that, at least. It was beyond time to move on from this cluster-fuck of a game. At least they helped me find the impetus to do so at long last.

You did expend an awful lot of effort polishing Turbine's tards.  Glad to see you've finally managed to start using your brain.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 8:36pm
Print Post  

I've noticed a sizable increase in registrations since the new format came out. I really doubt there's more activity here than there, though.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
I don't even login there anymore. I check the dev tracker and sarlona forums once a day there without being logged in and leave.
Not even worth an effort to put in a username/password there.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Turbine managed to do with their new forums what all of their mule-account bannings failed to do.  The people they want off the forums have finally left.  Unfortunately, a bunch of the people Turbine wants ON the forums also went at the same time.

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 12:43am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:15pm:
I don't even login there anymore. I check the dev tracker and sarlona forums once a day there without being logged in and leave.
Not even worth an effort to put in a username/password there.

This.  Any forum that requires me to log in more than once a week is a forum I won't bother logging into at all.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #21 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 12:43am:
This.  Any forum that requires me to log in more than once a week is a forum I won't bother logging into at all.

Personally I am willing to go down to once a day.

But 4 time an hour is just retarded.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #22 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:48pm:
I gave the new official forums a shot, but gave up on em pretty fast. Turbine's track record on listening to their public is bad enough to be a punchline... and the new WB logo on the tabs displaying the new forum pages instead of DDO logos makes me think this change was inflicted from way above Cordo and Tolero's paygrade. No chance it'll ever be more then just fractionally better then it is now.

It's no secret that I used to hold the other forums in high regard. Well, the people - not the Mods. Jerry can choke on a sloppy dick as far as I'm concerned. But, I enjoyed the community and had a lot of fun with most everybody over there. But the new forums are just horrible enough that I cannot even browse over there anymore.

And sadly, the community was pretty much my last tether to the game itself. I haven't spent more then 45 consecutive minutes in DDO for weeks now... and the times a week I even bother to log in at all is in sharp decline.  I put up with fucking aweful game design for years, swallowed every questionable design choice since Unlimited was put forth, tried to put a polish on every Turbine turd-based expansion. Turbine finding a way to fuck the forums up the ass was just the last straw.

Agree with pretty much everything Mem said, beginning to end. The game always had its problems, but with WB at the helm it gradually became a fucking farce. It seems that Turbine has flushed away any shred of transparency and accountability they had left, and DDO simply became a corporate thing with zero player input, like something out of a EA memo.

The forums are filled with complaints about a ton of bugs that haven't been touched while they are pushing this new expansion out...while their spineless lapdogs like Hendrik and Trudh are tirelessly defending their masters. But just in case it gets too much for the two, dickless Jerry is ever-ready to delete, infract and ban.

I've been making a transition to Neverwinter over the past week, and I am starting to like it. While it certainly has its flaws, it is a fucking dream vacation compared to the shit I have to put up with on DDO.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 8:36pm:
I've noticed a sizable increase in registrations since the new format came out. I really doubt there's more activity here than there, though.

Many are probably too afraid to actually post.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #24 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:02am:
Agree with pretty much everything Mem said, beginning to end. The game always had its problems, but with WB at the helm it gradually became a fucking farce. It seems that Turbine has flushed away any shred of transparency and accountability they had left, and DDO simply became a corporate thing with zero player input, like something out of a EA memo.

The forums are filled with complaints about a ton of bugs that haven't been touched while they are pushing this new expansion out...while their spineless lapdogs like Hendrik and Trudh are tirelessly defending their masters. But just in case it gets too much for the two, dickless Jerry is ever-ready to delete, infract and ban.

I've been making a transition to Neverwinter over the past week, and I am starting to like it. While it certainly has its flaws, it is a fucking dream vacation compared to the shit I have to put up with on DDO.

I actually looked at the Facebook page, it's hysterical.  The same amount of complaints as the forums.  Seriously, would a new player even consider checking out this clown show?

I'm still having fun playing it, when that stops I'll move on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint