Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Does the Vault have more activity . . . (Read 12896 times)
umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Re: Does the Vault have more activity . . .
Reply #25 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:02am:
I've been making a transition to Neverwinter over the past week, and I am starting to like it. While it certainly has its flaws, it is a fucking dream vacation compared to the shit I have to put up with on DDO.

I too have been force feeding that fucking WoW clone of a game down my throat. I manage to log on and do about 1 quest a day over there, I just get so sick of running back and forth to the quest givers. I hate collection quests too.

But it does sure beat DDO. Not to mention the fact that when you open an in game ticket, you get sent an email survey, I really like that. I remember some dipshit  Roll Eyes started a thread in DDO pushing for a simple survey after a gm ticket closure. Looks like NWO got that right.

Also, the Dwarf females over there are simply hot as hell by comparison, I love watching characters ass wiggle over there.  Shocked

Still, I log in there hands down 20 times for every 1 DDO log in now.

MAGA!

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:48pm:
I gave the new official forums a shot, but gave up on em pretty fast. Turbine's track record on listening to their public is bad enough to be a punchline... and the new WB logo on the tabs displaying the new forum pages instead of DDO logos makes me think this change was inflicted from way above Cordo and Tolero's paygrade. No chance it'll ever be more then just fractionally better then it is now.

It's no secret that I used to hold the other forums in high regard. Well, the people - not the Mods. Jerry can choke on a sloppy dick as far as I'm concerned. But, I enjoyed the community and had a lot of fun with most everybody over there. But the new forums are just horrible enough that I cannot even browse over there anymore.

And sadly, the community was pretty much my last tether to the game itself. I haven't spent more then 45 consecutive minutes in DDO for weeks now... and the times a week I even bother to log in at all is in sharp decline.  I put up with fucking aweful game design for years, swallowed every questionable design choice since Unlimited was put forth, tried to put a polish on every Turbine turd-based expansion. Turbine finding a way to fuck the forums up the ass was just the last straw.

I should  thank them for that, at least. It was beyond time to move on from this cluster-fuck of a game. At least they helped me find the impetus to do so at long last.

Fuck Turbine. They deserve themselves.

You were SO much more patient than I was there toward the end... I was like "what's it gonna take for MEM to quit".  Found it.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 5:54am
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 2:18pm:
post a link for the newbies...what was Feather's username?

I think this was what he was talking about:

Epoch wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 7:30pm:
Click
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2013 at 5:55am by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Between the Lamannia character copy being fubar and the lack of new builds to discuss, I have zero reason to read or contribute to the DDO forums.  When the enhancement system revamp goes live, then I may return to lurking.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 8:02pm:
Between the Lamannia character copy being fubar and the lack of new builds to discuss, I have zero reason to read or contribute to the DDO forums.  .

L-Space is down right now, so there's no point into trying to copy characters.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

SarKarNor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
I am one of the recent Forum refugees. Thank you all for being here and, really, the Vault does provide a better class of /popcorn worthy posts. It takes much less weeding through thoughtful, sincere responses to get to the troll bait.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #31 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 5:25am
Print Post  
fucking DDO forums are shit

Not remembering my login
fixed width
Not remembering my login
colours
Not remembering my login
capitalising titles
Not remembering my login
screen cuts off the subforum where things are in new post/developers
Not remembering my login

fucking not being a form that remembers my login details so I have to retype them every fucking time.

cunts.

Oh and the loss of challenge instructions.
stupid cunts

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #32 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Is this thread still active?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Every thread in the Vault is still active.  If there's something worth saying, there's nothing wrong with a little thread necromancy.

And if nothing is worth saying in a thread, there's still a good chance that someone will say it anyway.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 4:04pm:
Every thread in the Vault is still active.  If there's something worth saying, there's nothing wrong with a little thread necromancy.

And if nothing is worth saying in a thread, there's still a good chance that someone will say it anyway.

The thing I like about the vault is you can post in a year old thread with a completely different topic then the thread was started about because your too lazy to start a new thread.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint