Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Hey DDO dev lurkers: (Read 18898 times)
umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Hey DDO dev lurkers:
Jun 12th, 2013 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Please put a fucking banker on Korthos. And a fucking mailbox.

Fucking annoying to TR and have to go all the way to the harbor to empty my bags every 3 or 4 quests since I just deconstruct everything. Pretty fucking annoying having to go to harbor to go through my TR cache to find my next set of gear every level or 2 as well.

You know what? Better yet,  just put a crafting hall on Korthos with all that inside. Get new players to the game involved with crafting right off the fucking get go rather than then wasting several character levels without even knowing what the fuck crafting is.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 2:59pm by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Re: Hey DDO dev lurkers:
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 2:58pm:
Better yet,  just put a crafting hall on Korthos with all that inside. Get new players to the game involved with crafting right off the fucking get go rather than then wasting several character levels without even knowing what the fuck crafting is.

Won't Happen.

Cannith Crafting is deprecated.  There are no plans to allocate any further resources to Cannith Crafting.

Whoever developed crafting isn't cool enough for the current crowd.

We can take Paralyzing off our Kamas, but we won't ever be able to put it on our Khopeshes.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:39pm:
Won't Happen.

Cannith Crafting is deprecated.  There are no plans to allocate any further resources to Cannith Crafting.

Whoever developed crafting isn't cool enough for the current crowd.

We can take Paralyzing off our Kamas, but we won't ever be able to put it on our Khopeshes.

Yeah, I see what you did there! Cool

One thing about the crafting halls I never did understand. Why the fuck is there a crafting hall in house K? Why not in house J or House P where there is no banker.

As far as I am concerned there should be a banker in every single zone, red fens, Restless Isles, House C, Lordsmarch Plaza, IQ, Korthos, Etc.Etc.

But I do feel you, making things easier for players is anathema in this game. And Cannith Crafting is going to be left unfinished, even though they announced  crafting to level 200 a very long time ago it feels and it has been vaporized.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Who spends more than 30 minutes in Korthos when you TR?  It's Elite Storehouse, Heytons, Crystal, and Collaborator.  Then on to the Harbor.  All Korthos is good for is getting your BB stoked up so that you have a 5 on your first Harbor quest.

There's no point in actually running anything outside the village on Korthos.  Waste of time. 

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:40pm:
Who spends more than 30 minutes in Korthos when you TR?  It's Elite Storehouse, Heytons, Crystal, and Collaborator.  Then on to the Harbor.  All Korthos is good for is getting your BB stoked up so that you have a 5 on your first Harbor quest.

There's no point in actually running anything outside the village on Korthos.  Waste of time. 

Fuck that. I can get to level4+ on Korthos without full slayer doing those super fast super easy quests. Quests start getting longer in Harbor. They go from like 2-5 minutes to 5-10 minutes in harbor.

(go back later for the slayers to get the MM exp for the fish when you need the exp most)
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:56pm by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 4:55pm:
Fuck that. I can get to level4+ on Korthos without full slayer doing those super fast super easy quests. Quests start getting longer in Harbor. They go from like 2-5 minutes to 5-10 minutes in harbor.

(go back later for the slayers to get the MM exp for the fish when you need the exp most)

LOL.  Bonebite/Ringleader is 2 minutes tops.  Durks is 3.  Haverdasher is 1 minute.  Bringing in the light is 2 min.  Osgoods basement is 5 min.  Stealthy Repo is 2 min.  Lighthouse quest is 3 min.  Maybe Garrisons and Butcher's path exceed 5 min, and waterworks is more in the 7-10 min per quest range, but the XP on those is much better.

You could do a run of most harbor quests in the time it takes you to get to several of the Island quests.  And island slayers?  You are trolling, right?  Nobody is this clueless.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Nah, the Dev Lurkers need to do a reality check, and maybe a SAN roll.
( Yes I know it's not D&D, but with the latest stupidity, I'm wondering if they have any SAN left
or if they are good for a padded room in Arkham Asylum [ or any other place with padded rooms ] )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:20pm:
  And island slayers?  You are trolling, right?  Nobody is this clueless.

Sounded better in my head before I smoked my medicine, but that is kinda what I did on my first TR life. I get bored easily, 30 seconds for a bunch of kills was to me about the same as zombie train/rats. Who knows on this life.

MAGA!

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Osgoods basement is 5 min.

Shocked

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Korthos is suboptimal for XP/min.  If you're spending more than 1 hour to get to level 4 on a double TR, then you're taking your time.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:41pm
Print Post  

Fucking annoying to TR and have to go all the way to the harbor to empty my bags every 3 or 4 quests since I just deconstruct everything. Pretty fucking annoying having to go to harbor to go through my TR cache to find my next set of gear every level or 2 as well.

You know what? Better yet,  just put a crafting hall on Korthos with all that inside. Get new players to the game involved with crafting right off the fucking get go rather than then wasting several character levels without even knowing what the fuck crafting is.

No.  No.  No.  No.  No.  No.

Korthos stopped the spammers.  I do not want to see mail messages from www.RMTGAME4.com. ; I saw way too many of those.

Also, the bank is not there so www.rmtgame4.com cannot sell stuff and run to the bank and give it to the person that paid them real money.

Korthos was put in to stop the real money farmers(chinese and koreans mostly) and to stop us all from being sent mail messages and tells.

As others have stated, it takes 30 minutes.  Nothing there needs to go to the bank.  Nothing there is worth putting in the bank.  Nothing from there needs to be sent via mail.

Korthos is in place as is.  Do not change it.  It works as is. 

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:48pm:
And Cannith Crafting is going to be left unfinished, even though they announced  crafting to level 200 a very long time ago it feels and it has been vaporized.

Funny thing is that on Lammannia crafting goes up to level 197.

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I do the "full" Misery's Peak chain once on Elite just because I like to get another SP clicky each life.  Even on a Fighter.  I certainly don't do Misery's Peak for the XP.  Smiley

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 7:14pm:
I do the "full" Misery's Peak chain once on Elite just because I like to get another SP clicky each life.  Even on a Fighter.  I certainly don't do Misery's Peak for the XP.  Smiley

If you need that shit SP clickie, you're doing something wrong.  And you're wasting inventory space.  Please stay on Korthos where you belong.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2013 at 9:18pm by IMARANGER »  

I agree with 0bama...

Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 9:17pm:
If you need that shit SP clickie, you're doing something wrong.  And you're wasting inventory space.  Please stay on Korthos where you belong.

I don't need it.  I just like collecting them.  One per life.  Once I realized that almost all of the named loot in the game is just as worthless as 99% of the random lootgen stuff, my bank space is sufficient for hobbies like this.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:22pm:
I don't need it.  I just like collecting them.  One per life.  Once I realized that almost all of the named loot in the game is just as worthless as 99% of the random lootgen stuff, my bank space is sufficient for hobbies like this.

So part of what you enjoy about playing DDO is your opportunity to collect worthless trash?  If that's how you play, may I suggest that you work on increasing your stash of Winter Boots?

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:45pm:
So part of what you enjoy about playing DDO is your opportunity to collect worthless trash?  If that's how you play, may I suggest that you work on increasing your stash of Winter Boots?

I just get a kick out of collecting something that isn't collectable.  Or at least once upon a time it wasn't.  You could only ever get one and if you picked the wrong necklace, you kind of fucked yourself, considering that only two of them were actually worth owning.

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
For a while I kept every potion of Mage Armor I found. At least that only took up one slot.

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:14am
Print Post  

If you need to switch gear to do korthos things, you have more problems then what the devs can help you with.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:29am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:14am:
If you need to switch gear to do korthos things, you have more problems then what the devs can help you with.

I may spend a month on Korthos. Tr'd about 2 weeks ago and only level 2 right now.

Having to leave the island 50 times as my bags that are already 2/3 full before I ever step into a quest just to keep emptying them every couple quests is annoying.

I deconstruct everything. Everything.

Each and every time I log in on right now requires 20 minutes of or more of account maintenance, and frankly, more often than not, once I am done doing that, I am done playing the game for several days.

I am so goddamned tired of going from korthos to harbor. And as I said in the OP, just put a fucking crafting hall on korthos, or at least a deconstructing device. get new players involved with crafting right off the bat so they don't waste so many character levels not doing it.

I don't know, frankly, I expect nothing. But fucking running back and forth to shit so early on is dumb. Account maintenace is fucking bad enough to have to spend the extra time doing it at low levels.

Fucking if they can't do this, then let TR start at level 4 and skip korthos. Fuck it, why the fuck is it that we can't as a TR start as a fucking vet1 anyway? Maybe I will change my bitch to this instead, because letting TR's start at level 4 vet status would solve my cunt assed bitch whining too.

MAGA!

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #20 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Why are you decon'ing such lowbie crap? Those tier one essences really that important? Seems like you'd be better off skipping Korthos, pound out a few levels, and decon every tier 5 or higher item.

Unless you're selling the essences, which even then I think as a time investment you'd yield more essences with higher level loot. Certainly get more spending 2 months farming GH then Korthos.

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #21 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:26am
Print Post  
JoJI wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:05am:
Why are you decon'ing such lowbie crap? Those tier one essences really that important? Seems like you'd be better off skipping Korthos, pound out a few levels, and decon every tier 5 or higher item.

Unless you're selling the essences, which even then I think as a time investment you'd yield more essences with higher level loot. Certainly get more spending 2 months farming GH then Korthos.

Yeah, they are. Spending 1 1/2 trying to level C crafting and still only just over 100 in all schools.

I am a cheap motherfucker that floats right around 150k plat as an average. I don't like buying shit I can farm myself, that includes every single greater essence I can get Even if it is only 1 greater essence. I have 2500 stacks upon stacks upon stacks of most lesser essences, I never have enough greaters though. I am also aware of how much more you get from higher level gear, this isn't my first dance here, that was a stupid fucking didn't need to be stated statement to let me know that I get more essences from +5 gear than I do from +0 gear. Fucking duh.

Since I am TR'ed, and here, I am not wasting the chance to get whatever essences I can. Fucking damn near to the point that crude vials won't help either, they don't stack in tall enough fucking stacks to be viable here real quick.

So forgive me for wanting to get the max essences per life I can while leveling my crafting.

Fucking stupid asses obvious you will get more fucking essences from cunt assed +5 gear. Jesus fucking christ.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:31am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:26am:
Yeah, they are. Spending 1 1/2 trying to level C crafting and still only just over 100 in all schools.

I am a cheap motherfucker that floats right around 150k plat as an average. I don't like buying shit I can farm myself, that includes every single greater essence I can get Even if it is only 1 greater essence. I have 2500 stacks upon stacks upon stacks of most lesser essences, I never have enough greaters though. I am also aware of how much more you get from higher level gear, this isn't my first dance here, that was a stupid fucking didn't need to be stated statement to let me know that I get more essences from +5 gear than I do from +0 gear. Fucking duh.

Since I am TR'ed, and here, I am not wasting the chance to get whatever essences I can. Fucking damn near to the point that crude vials won't help either, they don't stack in tall enough fucking stacks to be viable here real quick.

So forgive me for wanting to get the max essences per life I can while leveling my crafting.

Fucking stupid asses obvious you will get more fucking essences from cunt assed +5 gear. Jesus fucking christ.

im sorry for suggesting this crafting system along with many others.....

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #23 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:31am:
im sorry for suggesting this crafting system along with many others.....

Well the suggestion of the crafting system is good.

The fucking implementation is what sucks.

Why the fuck can't we trade lesser essences in for greaters? I need more lesser essences about as much as I need a good buttraping.

MAGA!

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #24 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:59am
Print Post  
LOL.  Bonebite/Ringleader is 2 minutes tops.  Durks is 1.  Haverdasher is 1 minute.  Bringing in the light is 2 min.  Osgoods basement is 2 min.  Stealthy Repo is 2 min.  Lighthouse quest is 3 min.  Maybe Garrisons and Butcher's path exceed 5 min if you go get beer from a fridge, and waterworks is more in the 5-7 min per quest range including wilderness, but the XP on those is much better.

FTFY

Carpone wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:08pm:
Korthos is suboptimal for XP/min.  If you're spending more than 1 hour to get to level 4 on a double TR, then you're taking your time.

I used to run zerg x6 out of those lowbie quests until it felt like goddamn work. So fuck that, I don't want to play the game like a fucking machine and after 15+ lives running same two things gets REALLY FUCKING BORING.

So now I do most of the lowbie stuff once on elite. Basicly takes me ~4 hours to get to lvl 5. It's slower but I keep my sanity and it's a welcome change to do different quest after Vale/Reavers/usual 18-20 grindy quests.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint