Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Hey DDO dev lurkers: (Read 18920 times)
Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Hey DDO dev lurkers:
Reply #25 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:02am
Print Post  
the only good thing abt korthos is to join newb groups so you can get like 95% kills with ML0 bugged overpowered items so you can brag about how good you are  Grin

IP Logged

Athanor
Waterworks Kobold

Carpe Diem!

Reply #26 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:03am
Print Post  
I don't see the point, sorry. I have several Permadeath character with bank problem because deconstructing on early levels (instead of selling) gives you more money but a lot of lessers than can't be contained in a tiny bag, ok, it's PD so it's normal... but seriously, in normal play??? let me explain two simple points:

1.- Phiarlan pendant of time; you're TR, right? so you have the pendant, travel is fast
2.- Bags, gargantuan, huge & large bags of ingredients and collectables, you can bring all on your inventory, no need to go to bank
3.- Buy more inventory space when is in offer

I'm used to deconstruct all too, and only had problems with PD toons, they don't have pendant and can't buy bags.

I understand that putting a whole hall of decon plus bank on khortos will be great for you, but I hope YOU understand that the devs are better working on new content or fixing bugs or taking a coffe; I think that notajedi bring real reason for not putting a bank/mailbox/crafting on khortos : )

We need more guillotine's revolutions!!!

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:20am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:41pm:
No.  No.  No.  No.  No.  No.

Korthos stopped the spammers.  I do not want to see mail messages from www.RMTGAME4.com.  I saw way too many of those.

Also, the bank is not there so www.rmtgame4.com cannot sell stuff and run to the bank and give it to the person that paid them real money.

Korthos was put in to stop the real money farmers(chinese and koreans mostly) and to stop us all from being sent mail messages and tells.

As others have stated, it takes 30 minutes.  Nothing there needs to go to the bank.  Nothing there is worth putting in the bank.  Nothing from there needs to be sent via mail.

Korthos is in place as is.  Do not change it.  It works as is. 

Gold spamming is the sign of a healthy game.  Obv theyre not gonna bother if they don't have customers to sell to.  Even the chinese horde knows how dead this game is.  You're not gonna see gold spammers just because there's a bank in korthos. 

Of course, OP is also a dumbass, so...
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:21am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #28 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:02am:
the only good thing abt korthos is to join newb groups so you can get like 95% kills with ML0 bugged overpowered items so you can brag about how good you are   

If you need bugged items to get more kills then newb pugs i feel sorry for you.

You should blame your parents.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:42am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 6:48am:
If you need bugged items to get more kills then newb pugs i feel sorry for you.

You should blame your parents.

i out killed shade and was thrown out of his party....

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #30 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:57am
Print Post  
I suppose that wouldn't be exactly rocket science if you were only cleric in his group.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #31 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:20am:
Of course, OP is also a dumbass, so...

I am a whiney cunt. Not dumbass. Whiney cunt.

Want to see a dumbass go for a drive with me. Kiss

MAGA!

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #32 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:45pm:
So part of what you enjoy about playing DDO is your opportunity to collect worthless trash?  If that's how you play, may I suggest that you work on increasing your stash of Winter Boots?

I collected every collectibile I came across since mid 2009. I been collecting worthless trash for awhile now.

And now all that collecting has paid off with some new HP potions.

So I for one enjoy collecting useless junk too.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #33 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:29am:
I may spend a month on Korthos. Tr'd about 2 weeks ago and only level 2 right now.

Having to leave the island 50 times as my bags that are already 2/3 full before I ever step into a quest just to keep emptying them every couple quests is annoying.

Each and every time I log in on right now requires 20 minutes of or more of account maintenance, and frankly, more often than not, once I am done doing that, I am done playing the game for several days.

I don't know, frankly, I expect nothing. But fucking running back and forth to shit so early on is dumb. Account maintenace is fucking bad enough to have to spend the extra time doing it at low levels.

This doesn't make any sense.  Troll post.   

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #34 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:03pm:
This doesn't make any sense.  Troll post.   

Everything is a troll post right?

I spend several hours preparing to TR.
I TR.
I skip the korthos story line.
I spawn in village.
I run to bank.
I re set all my action bars, and begin sorting through the TR cache to get all my potions/clickies on the hotbars where they belong.
By now I have been going through my TR cache for 1/2 hour and am bored, and exactly 50% (30 slots) of my bags are now full and I haven't even finished finding all my pots/clickies.

I go to korthos, run 3 village quests. bags are full. Run to bank #2. Dump it all in shared bank (40 slots) and fill 30 of them.

Look through TR cache for a minute and find DSD clickie and a couple pots. now more than 50% of my bag space full.

Go to Korthos again.

Run 3 quests. Run back to Harbor. fill shared bank, run back to Korthos, fill up last 10 bag slots and run to house C to deconstruct it all.

Done for the week.

Come back a week later. repeat.

I play my way, you can feel free to play your fucking way. fair enough?

MAGA!

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #35 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:27pm:
...By now I have been going through my TR cache for 1/2 hour and am bored, and exactly 50% (30 slots) of my bags are now full and I haven't even finished finding all my pots/clickies.

I go to korthos, run 3 village quests. bags are full. Run to bank #2. Dump it all in shared bank (40 slots) and fill 30 of them.

Look through TR cache for a minute and find DSD clickie and a couple pots. now more than 50% of my bag space full.

Go to Korthos again.

Run 3 quests. Run back to Harbor. fill shared bank, run back to Korthos, fill up last 10 bag slots and run to house C to deconstruct it all.

Done for the week.

What you're describing is a lot of effort for not a lot of reward in deconstructing trash loot.

Selling one large Shroud mat would buy more Korthos-level trash loot than you loot during your Korthos time, and deconstructing the trash loot from one Shroud completion will earn more crafting XP than you'd get by deconstructing all the Korthos loot you get from elite pass through that zone.

The opportunity cost of vendoring the trash loot from Korthos is pretty small.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:44pm:
Selling one large Shroud mat would buy more Korthos-level trash loot than you loot during your Korthos time

So VERY much this.  Run Shroud an extra time before you TR, sell the larges and buy a bajillion greater essences to craft trash recipes for XP.  You'll get more for your time than you ever would from Korthos chests.

I open all chests when Festivult coins drop.  Other than that, I just pretend that there are no chests in Korthos.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #37 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:44pm:
So VERY much this.  Run Shroud an extra time before you TR, sell the larges and buy a bajillion greater essences to craft trash recipes for XP.  You'll get more for your time than you ever would from Korthos chests.

I open all chests when Festivult coins drop.  Other than that, I just pretend that there are no chests in Korthos.

I open them for renown as well...  Every little bit helps...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #38 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Everything is a troll post right?

I spend several hours preparing to TR.
I TR.
I skip the korthos story line.
I spawn in village.
I run to bank.
I re set all my action bars, and begin sorting through the TR cache to get all my potions/clickies on the hotbars where they belong.
By now I have been going through my TR cache for 1/2 hour and am bored, and exactly 50% (30 slots) of my bags are now full and I haven't even finished finding all my pots/clickies.

Go to Korthos again.

Done for the week.

Fine.  I'll feed the troll.  It's a slow day at work.

20-30 bag spaces do not get filled in 3 korthos quests.  Crystal spawns 0 or 1 chest.  Storehouse has 1 chest.  Heytons has 2 chests that spawn something besides the "free learn how to hit a skele with a blunt weapon" chest.  So you have 3-4 chests max.  Each chest will have 1 item, plat, 0-2 gems, 0-1 renown, 0-something dragon shards, and 0-1 other consumable (pot, arrows, spell components, etc).  The gems, renown, plat, and shards do not take up inventory space.  So you are left with 1 item and 1 consumable per chest, maximum.  Add an end reward and that is 6-11 inventory slots maximum.  You can run 8-10 quests before you use 30 slots easily.  At that point you have elite ran all of Korthos and have a full BB going.  You have earned between 10-15k and are ready for the harbor. 

There is no reason to need to go back to the bank when running korthos.  Maybe once if you want to do a hard pass through all the quests.  But going 50 times?  Even 10 times?  It's still bullshit.  Why would you farm korthos when farming bonebite or stealthy repo is twice as fast and double the XP?  Haverdasher or missing in action is twice as fast and the same XP.

Not telling you how to play.  There is no way you are filling 30 inventory slots on those 3 quests.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

YOu are a good troll
Reply #39 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:29am:
I may spend a month on Korthos. Tr'd about 2 weeks ago and only level 2 right now.

Having to leave the island 50 times as my bags that are already 2/3 full before I ever step into a quest just to keep emptying them every couple quests is annoying.

I deconstruct everything. Everything.

Each and every time I log in on right now requires 20 minutes of or more of account maintenance, and frankly, more often than not, once I am done doing that, I am done playing the game for several days.

I am so goddamned tired of going from korthos to harbor. And as I said in the OP, just put a fucking crafting hall on korthos, or at least a deconstructing device. get new players involved with crafting right off the bat so they don't waste so many character levels not doing it.

I don't know, frankly, I expect nothing. But fucking running back and forth to shit so early on is dumb. Account maintenace is fucking bad enough to have to spend the extra time doing it at low levels.

Fucking if they can't do this, then let TR start at level 4 and skip korthos. Fuck it, why the fuck is it that we can't as a TR start as a fucking vet1 anyway? Maybe I will change my bitch to this instead, because letting TR's start at level 4 vet status would solve my cunt assed bitch whining too.

Before I thought you were serious.  But if anyone spends a month on Korthos, either they are too dumb, or you have chowned yourself, or you are a troll.

I despise Korthos except for the fast Coin Lord favor in town.  I don't even enter the wilderness area there unless I am on a caster I will consider it, but right now, I have casters that have not done Misery's Peak and they are level 15.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and call you a troll.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #40 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
kid, you obviously don't know what the fuck choned even means.

Goddamnit Sarlona.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:59pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Re: YOu are a good troll
Reply #42 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 5:44pm:
Buncha queef sounds from my cunt lips

You certainly aren't a jedi, that is for obvious.

Well, yoda, in two weeks I have logged on exactly 3 times. Each log in was less than an hour the first one when I actually did the TR. Second one was right close to an hour, when I went through my TR cache.

The third was long enough to run 3 village quests, run to bank, run back and run 4 village quests.

You are a dumbfuck as well by the way.

Cunt. Wink

MAGA!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #43 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:13pm
Print Post  

Then maybe stop being a complete retard and do better things with your time if you need essences/plat or whatever the fuck.
You get rich at cap, not in fucking Korthos, junk is not worth filling your bag under level 10 anyway. Except renown and clean stat items, nice twink weapons.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #44 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:13pm:
Then maybe stop being a complete retard and do better things with your time if you need essences/plat or whatever the fuck.
You get rich at cap, not in fucking Korthos, junk is not worth filling your bag under level 10 anyway. Except renown and clean stat items, nice twink weapons.

So, what you are fucking spewing is that I play your fucking way then?

Fucking retard, if I wanted to do better things with my fucking time I sure as fuck wouldn't be playing the game to begin with.

Cunt. Wink

MAGA!

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:52pm:
I am a whiney cunt. Not dumbass. Whiney cunt.

Want to see a dumbass go for a drive with me. Kiss

umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 1:05pm:
Creative to me is seeing how far I can swing a tree to my right when I cut it down.

Otherwise, if you are looking for creative out of me, you will have a whole lot of time searching through the empty space between my ears.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #46 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:44pm:

Exactly.

MAGA!

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:52pm:
I am a retarded dumbass whiney cunt. A Retarded. Dumbass. Whiney. Cunt.

ftfy
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:45pm by deftest »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
deftest wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:44pm:
ftfy

That cunt has too many periods.