Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Hey DDO dev lurkers: (Read 18903 times)
Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: Hey DDO dev lurkers:
Reply #50 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Always nice to pinpoint the thread in which a newbie jumps the shark.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Wow!  OP will end up on an episode of Hoarders if he is truly that OCD.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #52 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:07am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:01am:
Wow!  OP will end up on an episode of Hoarders if he is truly that OCD.

I promise to hoard my jizzrocket until either A) you admit my dick is 3 times smaller than your prety lips can handle....or>

B) whatever it takes to get you to stick your tongue deep inside my manly cunt-lips. (If Klingon's are your thing, I promise you won't leave my cunt hungry.  Cry

MAGA!

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #53 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:07am:
I promise to hoard my jizzrocket until either A) you admit my dick is 3 times smaller than your prety lips can handle....or>

B) whatever it takes to get you to stick your tongue deep inside my manly cunt-lips. (If Klingon's are your thing, I promise you won't leave my cunt hungry.  Cry

If I promise to applaud, and tell my children how fantastic it was... can I watch?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Here's my TR plan:
I go talk to the Silver Flame person to get another token of 2X city regeneration and I run the Anger's Step quest if I happen to have thrown all of mine away on that character.  Then it's TR time.

Grab my Invulnerability docent or Robe and my ML1 Icy Burst Flaming Greatsword and my ML1 Holy Quarterstaff from the bank and it's party time.  Boots with 5 minute Exp Retreat clicky and a nice weapon are all I care about for the first couple of levels  The DR5/- is just gravy.
To any Turbine folks reading: 5 minute level 1 clickies are the BEST change to DDO in the last few years.

As soon as I can wear Colonscope gear, I do.  I wear my voice and my Pirate Cove trinket once they are available.  Phiarlan Mirror Cloak is very nice for Spell Resistance (aside from Monks, it's the only SR I care about).  Carnifex or a Potency weapon as soon as I can (depending on Melee vs. offensive caster).  Crafted +6 stat items when I hit the ML.  GFL item when I hit the ML.  That stays pretty much until Greensteel comes back.  Then it's all the same until the ML 18 items and the ML 20 epic items.

Not nearly as much item shuffling as I used to do.  There's not nearly as many items to get excited about before 20 anymore, really.  And after 20, there aren't too many things that are game changing compared to what you get from the EDs..

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Also, women are all dumb and have cooties or something.   I forgot to add that to my post and It appears to be important for this thread.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #56 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
@pope

Pretty much this for me, with some fortification considerations.  I have a nearly full set of no ML +6 stat rings from the old Lord of Eyes chain.  Muckbanes set too

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Merry Hobbit
Korthos Resident

No

Reply #57 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:15pm:
Here's my TR plan:Not nearly as much item shuffling as I used to do.  There's not nearly as many items to get excited about before 20 anymore, really.  And after 20, there aren't too many things that are game changing compared to what you get from the EDs..

AMEN

The gear we already have is "good enough". The shuffling that is left is always the same... doesn't matter if wizard, fvs or barb.
Cannith Crafting fills in the gaps. Rinse and Repeat.

But I STILL DO NOT WANT to farm epic destiny stuff if it is all going to be wiped... might as well carry on with the TR-ING!

It is coming with Update 20, whether we want it or not. But we will all be so broken by the enhancement changes of the xpac... that we will just be flopping on the floor and bleeding out of our Fernando.

Oh woe is me. There is not enough beer in the world for this. Time for Whiskey.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #58 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Merry Hobbit wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 1:21pm:
If I promise to applaud, and tell my children how fantastic it was... can I watch?

as long as you also let your kids watch you jerk off to picture.

MAGA!

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #59 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:58am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 15th, 2013 at 2:15pm:
Here's my TR plan:
I go talk to the Silver Flame person to get another token of 2X city regeneration and I run the Anger's Step quest if I happen to have thrown all of mine away on that character.  Then it's TR time.

Grab my Invulnerability docent or Robe and my ML1 Icy Burst Flaming Greatsword and my ML1 Holy Quarterstaff from the bank and it's party time.  Boots with 5 minute Exp Retreat clicky and a nice weapon are all I care about for the first couple of levels  The DR5/- is just gravy.
To any Turbine folks reading: 5 minute level 1 clickies are the BEST change to DDO in the last few years.

As soon as I can wear Colonscope gear, I do.  I wear my voice and my Pirate Cove trinket once they are available.  Phiarlan Mirror Cloak is very nice for Spell Resistance (aside from Monks, it's the only SR I care about).  Carnifex or a Potency weapon as soon as I can (depending on Melee vs. offensive caster).  Crafted +6 stat items when I hit the ML.  GFL item when I hit the ML.  That stays pretty much until Greensteel comes back.  Then it's all the same until the ML 18 items and the ML 20 epic items.

Not nearly as much item shuffling as I used to do.  There's not nearly as many items to get excited about before 20 anymore, really.  And after 20, there aren't too many things that are game changing compared to what you get from the EDs..

I don't farm gear. I also have no Greesnteel as well. I thought they stopped giving out the sliver flame cookie too. I don't even go for those boots anymore, I aquired a 5 charge pair of retreat gloves from the sharn chain with no ML in it, and featherfall boots.

I managed to log in last night for a bit over an hour, I will not leave Korthos until level 4. I am ALWAYS level 4 when I leave here, dammit.

MAGA!

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #60 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:36am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:58am:
I managed to log in last night for a bit over an hour, I will not leave Korthos until level 4. I am ALWAYS level 4 when I leave here, dammit.

I try to keep my time in Korthos to under an hour.

To do that, I start at level 1 with Info is Key Elite, then Hard till Ransack, then Normal, taking Level 2 in the process.  This takes ~30minutes.

After Info is Key is ransacked, I run KNR Elite, then Hard until the ship buffs run out, which is enough to get me to level 3.

Take level 3, empty the bladder, freshen ship buffs, then once through Korthos on elite.  I usually have just enough time to squeeze Misery's Peak in on one set of ship buffs.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Laraeph
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #61 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:42am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:36am:
I try to keep my time in Korthos to under an hour.

To do that, I start at level 1 with Info is Key Elite, then Hard till Ransack, then Normal, taking Level 2 in the process.  This takes ~30minutes.

After Info is Key is ransacked, I run KNR Elite, then Hard until the ship buffs run out, which is enough to get me to level 3.

Take level 3, empty the bladder, freshen ship buffs, then once through Korthos on elite.  I usually have just enough time to squeeze Misery's Peak in on one set of ship buffs.

I run stealthy repossession Ex11/H/N/C before KNR (got a dualbox sorc with lots of invis scrolls to get me through low levels, so the class of my TR doesn't matter), and Waterworks after. That way I completly avoid Korthos, and I can't say I miss it.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:43am by Laraeph »  

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #62 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Laraeph wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:42am:
I run stealthy repossession Ex11/H/N/C before KNR (got a dualbox sorc with lots of invis scrolls to get me through low levels, so the class of my TR doesn't matter), and Waterworks after. That way I completly avoid Korthos, and I can't say I miss it.

I do this after the town quests in Korthos.  Coin lord favor junkie...  Or, if I am running with someone who is refreshing their BB streak...  I may hit Lost Tome EHN on the first ship buffs too.  1.3m XP before life 15 starts...

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #63 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Laraeph wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:42am:
That way I completly avoid Korthos, and I can't say I miss it.

I don't think I look forward to Korthos, but I'm in the habit of running everything once on elite.  My TR partner and I usually only ransack KNR, Info is Key, and Litany.  I like to make sure the flowers smell the same each life.

If the OP really enjoys running Korthos quests, then that would explain their running out of local storage and how much time they say they spend.

If you don't particularly enjoy Korthos, there are alternative paths to getting to level 4.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
What's the quest ext to Shan-to-Kor?  The one in the sewer?

With 1 Jump pot, you can run past everything (no lever pulling needed with Jump) and kill only the Trog boss at the end and then fall back into the water to avoid fighting the two scorpions.  Total completion time 0 or 1 minute.  I like that cute little quest enough that I'll run it a few times per life. 

I also run Tangleroot a few times per life as well.  I used to run Tangleroot for loot and XP and pick up some mushrooms while I'm there.  Now I run it for Mushrooms and pick up some XP while I'm there.

Ya know, if the XP curve gets flattened enough, I might be happy with a TR hamster wheel even if Turbine has completely given up on the end game.  Even the same 4 million XP as we have today wouldn't be awful if every level were the same proportion as in first life.  It's just levels 17-20 that are awful on a third+ life for me.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #65 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:20pm:
I don't think I look forward to Korthos, but I'm in the habit of running everything once on elite.  My TR partner and I usually only ransack KNR, Info is Key, and Litany.  I like to make sure the flowers smell the same each life.

If the OP really enjoys running Korthos quests, then that would explain their running out of local storage and how much time they say they spend.

If you don't particularly enjoy Korthos, there are alternative paths to getting to level 4.

I wouldn't particularly say I 'enjoy' Korthos, but I truly hate spending any more time in Harbor than is absolutely necessary. Once I get to harbor I will most likely once and done everything there and get the fuck out of the zone just as fast as possible.

I hate Harbor so much I may even farm Korthos till level 5 even.

plus this life I went Rog2 right off the bat so I am going for all optionals now too, loving the interaction bar bug as well.

MAGA!

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:31pm:
What's the quest ext to Shan-to-Kor?  The one in the sewer?  With 1 Jump pot, you can run past everything (no lever pulling needed with Jump) and kill only the Trog boss at the end and then fall back into the water to avoid fighting the two scorpions.  Total completion time 0 or 1 minute.  I like that cute little quest enough that I'll run it a few times per life.

You're thinking of Missing in Action.  It's faster to go the other way if you can unlock the doors.

I also run Tangleroot a few times per life as well.  I used to run Tangleroot for loot and XP and pick up some mushrooms while I'm there.  Now I run it for Mushrooms and pick up some XP while I'm there.

Don't forget your Lightning Split-Soarwoods.

Ya know, if the XP curve gets flattened enough, I might be happy with a TR hamster wheel even if Turbine has completely given up on the end game.  Even the same 4 million XP as we have today wouldn't be awful if every level were the same proportion as in first life.  It's just levels 17-20 that are awful on a third+ life for me.

There's plenty of XP up there.  Sane Asylum, Enter the Kobold, Monastery of the Scorpion, Desecrated Temple of Vol, Ghosts of Perdition, Inferno of the Damned, Litany of the Dead, Running with the Devils, and Missing should get you most of it.

Pulling some of that XP down to lower levels would actually slow TR'ing down, not speed it up.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #67 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Sane Asylum, Missing and Littany are awesome...  I save them for horrid conference calls from home days...  I haven't tried the new 15s, but think you guys said they are horrid.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
There certainly iss enough XP at 18 to get the job done, but it's much too much XP required compared to the lower levels.  It's not hard to level from 18 to 20, but it's quite tedious. 

I can do differential equations with no problem and I like to help people calculate probabilities in their CCG decks (including card draw and card search effects).  I still don't want to do 1000 three digit subtraction problems even though I'm good at math.  It's not hard, but that doesn't make it fun.

Also, out of the quests that you listed, only Monastery, EtK and Running With The Devils  are for level 18.   Most of the level appropriate quests for 18 have garbage XP (Cannith area and Shavrath). I do like the quests, but they're no good for XP per minute.  That pretty much leaves you with the Inspired Quarter and Dreaming Dark to get to 20.

I suppose Challenges help, but those only go so far.  There are an enormous number of quests that I hit only once from level 1 through 13 and just a VERY few that I actually farm (Delera's, Tangleroot, a few Necro quests and Relic of a Sovereign Past for Adamantine Ore).  There are even a fair number that I just straight up skip. 

Compare that to the higher levels where I stall out because you earn a million XP on level 18 alone.  It's certainly possible to do, but it's kind of messed up comapred to the levels where you stop earning XP because of holding levels before you run all the stuff you wanted to run.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 7:44pm:
Also, out of the quests that you listed, only Monastery, EtK and Running With The Devils  are for level 18.   Most of the level appropriate quests for 18 have garbage XP (Cannith area and Shavrath). I do like the quests, but they're no good for XP per minute.  That pretty much leaves you with the Inspired Quarter and Dreaming Dark to get to 20.

I almost never hit IQ or DD enroute to 20.  If RR doesn't get me there, I do more Vale.  It gives you stuff you need.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:47pm by IMARANGER »  

I agree with 0bama...

Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

You are close
Reply #70 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 6:37pm:
You're thinking of Missing in Action.  It's faster to go the other way if you can unlock the doors.

Don't forget your Lightning Split-Soarwoods.

There's plenty of XP up there.  Sane Asylum, Enter the Kobold, Monastery of the Scorpion, Desecrated Temple of Vol, Ghosts of Perdition, Inferno of the Damned, Litany of the Dead, Running with the Devils, and Missing should get you most of it.

Pulling some of that XP down to lower levels would actually slow TR'ing down, not speed it up.

It is Sunken Sewer.  Missing in Action is find the zombies by the shrines and open the valves.

Sunken Sewer is run through poison traps, jump to other side, open door, run to edge, fall down and swim UW, fight troglodyte on trap door, fall in water.  The end.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: You are close
Reply #71 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 10:10pm:
It is Sunken Sewer.  Missing in Action is find the zombies by the shrines and open the valves.

I thought I'd corrected that mistake before I posted. Oh well.  My comments clearly applied to Sunken Sewer (i.e., the shorter path is the one through the locked doors).

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 1:27am
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jun 16th, 2013 at 10:21pm:
I thought I'd corrected that mistake before I posted. Oh well.  My comments clearly applied to Sunken Sewer (i.e., the shorter path is the one through the locked doors).

There is no shorter path with locked doors in Sunken Sewer.  The shorter path is just jumping out of the water and sprinting past that adorable little kobold who rings the gong that does nothing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #73 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:21am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 17th, 2013 at 1:27am:
There is no shorter path with locked doors in Sunken Sewer.  The shorter path is just jumping out of the water and sprinting past that adorable little kobold who rings the gong that does nothing.

The gong does something.  It opens the cages on the sides with a couple mobs in them.  Not that anybody cares, though, because they are already in the water and climbing the ladder. 

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:39am
Print Post  
The locked door path is the longer path, yes.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint