Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) End of the Week with Major Mal Totally Enhanced Ed (Read 17729 times)
TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

End of the Week with Major Mal Totally Enhanced Ed
Jun 21st, 2013 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419043-End-of-the-Week-with-Major-Mal-...

Happy end of the week! Next week-ish (depending on build stability exc) we will be rolling out the second look at the Enhancements revamp. There has been a ton of work done--something north of 600 issues addressed.
Some of the general changes:
tier 5 costs less total points to access. the tradeoff is you can only take tier 5's from one tree, but you can take as many as you want in that tree. Choose wisely.
You can now take up to 6 class trees
Clerics have had design work done.
Bard Warchanter has a bunch of design work done

Some examples of bugs fixed:

Amaunator can now be chosen as a deity for Forgotten Realm characters.
Some old religious feats that were exclusive to Favored Soul (such as Child of Vulkoor and Beloved of Lord of Blades) are now available for Clerics and Paladins if they want them for the cost of a feat. They remain freely granted for FvS. The stats have been slightly improved to give more bonuses and give them at earlier levels.
As previously seen on Lamannia, Clerics and Paladins now choose a deity to worship at level 1 as a feat, similar to Favored Souls. Old religious enhancements for Clerics, Paladins and Favored Souls such as Unyielding Sovereignty are now freely granted at level 6 as feats.
Enhancement Pass:
Kensei has gained Haste Boost and Extra Action Boosts.
The non-functional, non-takeable feat version of Ten Thousand Stars is no longer be listed as an option for monks taking their sixth level.
Spell Critical: All Spell Critical Chance enhancement are giving incorrect numbers
Fixed a number of Bard bugs, including:
- Ironskin Chant stacking with itself
- Ironskin Chant not using Bard Songs
- Ironskin Chant being breakable mid-song
- Skaldic Rage not scaling based on song duration
- Bard Action Boost: Sprint being a Bard Song instead of an Action Boost (really?)
Dwarven Iron Stomach has been changed to granting Remove Poison/Remove Disease/Heroism whenever the user drinks anything.
Created the "new" Words of Encouragement, which works like the "Old" Bard Rallying Cry.
The "Old" Bard Rallying Cry is now the new Bard Rallying Cry! It works just like the PDK one.

Busy times here. Please try this stuff out on Lama land when it goes live. We do have a time to fix and adjust even more so the feedback is very helpful. Help us make the game you want to play.
Other random thoughts:

My oldest son is on the verge of winning his 3rd little league championship.

My youngest son is enjoying this . Never too early for Dungeons and Dragons. Getting ready for the 40th anniversary by helping create the next generation of players.

Bruins in 6. If the Bruins win our sister studio in Chicago owes us Deep Dish Pizza. If B's lose, we owe them lobster.

Rough days for a Pats fan. Dumb TE, feather_of_sun'ed TE and Tebow all in a week. GAH.

Have a great weekend! Maj.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: End of the Week with Major Mal Totally Enhanced Ed
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Looks good on paper.  Glad they brought back haste boost for fighters.  Can't wait to see where they are with divine casters after this. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Sounds very good on paper, devil is in details so it'd be nice if we see much of this on paper before it goes live on Lamania.

I knew the fighter haste boost thing would be a bug.  Two things that concern me are.

- Stalwart stance requiring a shield
- Ranger/pally devotion enhancements.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 3:24pm:
Two things that concern me are.

- Stalwart stance requiring a shield
- Ranger/pally devotion enhancements.

Yep, those really need fixed.

Quote:
tier 5 costs less total points to access. the tradeoff is you can only take tier 5's from one tree, but you can take as many as you want in that tree. Choose wisely.
You can now take up to 6 class trees

The combination of these two things make it possible to build very interesting characters now. I'd even go so far as to say it's likely that building will be better under this system and result in more variety than under what we have now.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I find his lack of faith in Tebow disturbing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:04pm:
I find his lack of faith in Tebow disturbing.

Tebow was a good pickup for them.  The Jets, and Rex Ryan in particular, are morons.  I'm not saying Tebow is a great quarterback, but he is better than average and is a good athlete who can help you several ways.  He is also a revenue booster.  The downside is that he attracts a lot of media attention and can be a distraction for the team.  But if there is a coach who can handle that side, it's Belicheck.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
He's gonna turn Tebow into a TE.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:40pm:

Might as well...every other TE they have is broken in some way or another.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:40pm:

Issues with this:

1.  He is 6' 3".  Most of the better tight ends are taller.  (Gronk, Gonzalez, Whitten are all 6 6")

2.  He weighs around 230.  That's a bit on the light side.  Partly due to his height.

3.  His 40 time is around 4.7.  Thats a bit slow, but probably not terrible. 

4.  He has NEVER played any receiver position.  Not at Florida, not in Pro's.  Don't know about High School, but my understanding is that he was an option QB.  Running and Passing. 

It will be interesting if they do try it.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Bug fixes: Can Combat Archery get some love?  Pretty please with arrows on top.  It's been non-functional since MOTU was released.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #10 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
They should make Tebow a running back. Here's why:

The Wildcat offense is predicated on the fact the defense believes the running back that gets the ball from the Center can and possibly will throw the ball effectively. If the Defense believes that, their Linebackers have to play a couple yards further back from the Line of Scirmmage than they would if they did not believe the running back might actually throw the ball. The running back must also actually be a good runner and be tough enough to handle getting hit when he does run like a normal running back can. If the Linebackers do play back, that means the running game can be more successful.

This is why I think Tebow could be perfect running back for an offense that includes a good chunk of Wildcat plays. It's also the reason why most teams who have tried it, failed. Either the running backs couldn't throw or the personnel that could (Mike Vick for example) just weren't tough enough to handle normal running back duties - the Defense didn't believe he would actually run so their linebackers could play back far enough to actually help out effectively on pass defense.

RB Ronnie Brown from the Miami Dolphins circa 2008 was the most successful Wildcat player because he threw the ball well enough to be a credible enough passing threat as well as a good runner.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:37pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I will refrain from commenting until I have seen Enhancement Crash Version 2 in L-Space.
Especially the Cleric bit.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #12 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:34pm:

The Wildcat offense is predicated on the fact the defense believes the running back that gets the ball from the Center can and possibly will throw the ball effectively. If the Defense believes that, their Linebackers have to play a couple yards further back from the Line of Scirmmage than they would if they did not believe the running back might actually throw the ball. The running back must also actually be a good runner and be tough enough to handle getting hit when he does run like a normal running back can. If the Linebackers do play back, that means the running game can be more successful.

This is why I think Tebow could be perfect running back for an offense that includes a good chunk of Wildcat plays. It's also the reason why most teams who have tried it, failed. Either the running backs couldn't throw or the personnel that could (Mike Vick for example) just weren't tough enough to handle normal running back duties - the Defense didn't believe he would actually run so their linebackers could play back far enough to actually help out effectively on pass defense.

RB Ronnie Brown from the Miami Dolphins circa 2008 was the most successful Wildcat player because he threw the ball well enough to be a credible enough passing threat as well as a good runner.

I don't think the patriots are going to have their running back run the read option when they have Tom Brady.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #13 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 7:04pm
Print Post  

And another shining example of Arkunt not knowing anything about what he is talking about yet spewing his drivel as if it was holy scripture.

Ronnie Brown has completed 4, FOUR, YES FOUR PASSES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER YOU STUPID FUCK.  Four fucking completions out of 12 attempts for a whopping SIXTY THREE FUCKING YARDS and never more than 2 completions in a single YEAR.  He was never and will never EVER be considered a threat to pass the ball.  Even shitbag Tebow and his just north of 47% career completion percentage would blow Brown out of the water as a QB.

Please go play in the middle of the freeway now so we never have to see you spout off again you ignorant fuck.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #14 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 7:04pm:
And another shining example of Arkunt not knowing anything about what he is talking about yet spewing his drivel as if it was holy scripture.

Ronnie Brown has completed 4, FOUR, YES FOUR PASSES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER YOU STUPID FUCK.  Four fucking completions out of 12 attempts for a whopping SIXTY THREE FUCKING YARDS and never more than 2 completions in a single YEAR.  He was never and will never EVER be considered a threat to pass the ball.  Even shitbag Tebow and his just north of 47% career completion percentage would blow Brown out of the water as a QB.

Please go play in the middle of the freeway now so we never have to see you spout off again you ignorant fuck.

Wow...miss your buddy stainer?

Such anger!  Grin

BTW..."On September 21, 2008, the Miami Dolphins used the wildcat offense against the New England Patriots on six plays, which produced 5 touchdowns (four rushing and one passing—from Ronnie Brown himself) in a 38–13 upset victory."

No Wildcat guy EVER had a better day than Ronnie Brown did on that day - 4 TDs Rushing and 1 TD Passing.

Suck it.

Oh, one last thing. This is what I actually said:

I did not say he was a GREAT passer or even a GOOD passer. All I said was he threw it well enough to be CREDIBLE. For a running back, he was definitely CREDIBLE as a passer

Suck it again.

I will put my NFL (any aspect) knowledge up against yours ANY day of the week.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2013 at 8:13pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #15 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:28pm:
Tebow was a good pickup for them.  The Jets, and Rex Ryan in particular, are morons.  I'm not saying Tebow is a great quarterback, but he is better than average and is a good athlete who can help you several ways.  He is also a revenue booster.  The downside is that he attracts a lot of media attention and can be a distraction for the team.  But if there is a coach who can handle that side, it's Belicheck. 

Can we expect an in game "Tebow" emote?

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Disavowed
The Beerman

Reply #16 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:31pm
Print Post  

I think Green hit the nail on the head.  Not gonna happen as long as Brady is around.  Evein in short and goal Brady is a better option.  Second Tebow is in no way a credible QB.  For that matter neither is or was Vick.  But yes Vick was less durable.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #17 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 7:59pm:
Can we expect an in game "Tebow" emote?

I will take that - right after they fix the FvS's wings... fucking charges to use the wings?

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Well, I for one am glad to see that Clerics will get the option to choose a religion as a feat.  I mean, I'm always COMPLETELY AT A FUCKING LOSS as to what to do with all the dozens of extra Cleric feats, so it makes perfect sense to charge them a feat slot for following a religion, just like they do in PnP.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #19 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Disavowed wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:31pm:
I think Green hit the nail on the head.  Not gonna happen as long as Brady is around.  Evein in short and goal Brady is a better option.

You and Green are probably right about this. I guess I'm trying to figure out where Tebow would fit on the field. Belechik's too smart to get Tebow to just be a QB. That would be a dumb move.

Disavowed wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:31pm:
Second Tebow is in no way a credible QB.  For that matter neither is or was Vick.  But yes Vick was less durable.

Never said Tebow was a credible QB. If he were made a running back he could be a VERY credible passer for a Running Back.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:59am by Arkat »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #20 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:34am:
'm always COMPLETELY AT A FUCKING LOSS as to what to do with all the dozens of extra Cleric feats,

Human Bonus: Toughness
Empower Heal
Maximize Heal
Empower (for Heal)
Skill Focus Heal
3x ChestBlessing

Quicken and Mental Toughness can be saved for current Epic levels.  The level cap will allow you to take your second Mental Toughness.

If you want that "religion" feat (don't see how that would make you better at Cleric things, though), you could drop Toughness.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #21 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:13am:
If you want that "religion" feat (don't see how that would make you better at Cleric things, though), you could drop Toughness.

I think I'd better drop one of the ChestBlessing feats so I can get Devotee of Shade in early.  In exchange for the resulting inadequacy, I will give Axer my share of the loot.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Coaly failed his sarcasm check. Or I failed mine. Or maybe I'm not really paying attention to anything because it's morning and I have no caffeine yet. Either way, the changes sound mostly good, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in more detail.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:46am by Grace »  

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #23 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Testing of the word feather_of_sun'ed.

To see if feather_of_sun'ed actually says feather_of_sun'ed.

Awesome!!!  You changed the word b r o k e n to feather_of_sun'ed.

fernando feather_of_sun'ed
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:40am by notajedi »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:39am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:38am:
Testing of the word feather_of_sun'ed.

To see if feather_of_sun'ed actually says feather_of_sun'ed.

Your post seems broken somehow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint