Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) End of the Week with Major Mal Totally Enhanced Ed (Read 17764 times)
Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Re: End of the Week with Major Mal Totally Enhanced Ed
Reply #25 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:44am:
Coaly failed his sarcasm check. Or I failed mine.

The latter, I suspect.  Nobody takes Toughness.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #26 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:29am:
I think I'd better drop one of the ChestBlessing feats so I can get Devotee of Shade in early.  In exchange for the resulting inadequacy, I will give Axer my share of the loot.

You can't simply "drop one of the ChestBlessing feats".

Drop one of the three and you'll only be able to bless breakables (which is entertaining for almost two minutes) and cast a few Knocks.

ChestBlessing is all-or-nothing.  Just like being a really good Hjealor, you've got to lose yourself in the task.  Stop Thinking.  Let Things Happen.  Be the Ball.

If you really need Devotee of Shade, consider dropping Toughness.  After the update, it'll be deprecated.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #27 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:12pm:
ChestBlessing is all-or-nothing.  Just like being a really good Hjealor, you've got to lose yourself in the task.  Stop Thinking.  Let Things Happen.  Be the Ball.

No, you're right, you're right.  I haz shame.

OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:12pm:
If you really need Devotee of Shade, consider dropping Toughness.  After the update, it'll be deprecated.

If?  IF?!? 

Are you *sure* you've played a Cleric?

Next you'll be suggesting there's a place for Heighten or Spell Focus or some such rot...

wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:28pm:
Tebow was a good pickup for them.  The Jets, and Rex Ryan in particular, are morons.  I'm not saying Tebow is a great quarterback, but he is better than average and is a good athlete who can help you several ways.  He is also a revenue booster.  The downside is that he attracts a lot of media attention and can be a distraction for the team.  But if there is a coach who can handle that side, it's Belicheck. 

Beli's ego is the only reason they signed Tebow.  Tebow scores one TD and Ryan swallows his own cock.  That will be entertaining.  While I don't get the hate regarding Tebow (as there are 45+ Qbs on rosters that have never won a playoff game, let alone starters and I'm not evening talking bout 3rd strings), Beli has a long string of failures regarding high profile signings for a second chance (Hainesworth-boy can't tell ya how much I hate that fat fuck, Ocho), and only Moss panned out for 1 season.

Regardless, nobody in the AFC East has a chance against those stupid fuckers.  Stupid Bills.  Move to Toronto already.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 3:25pm by Jalora »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #29 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 2:31pm:
[regarding fitting the "Disciple of Shade'' feat]

If?  IF?!? 

Are you *sure* you've played a Cleric?

Next you'll be suggesting there's a place for Heighten or Spell Focus or some such rot...

I am sure I have played a Cleric.

Obviously "Disciple of Shade" is non-optional, especially if you intend to be a part of any "Crushing of It".

I was positing that someone might not take "Disciple of Shade" if they run a cleric in a hypothetical environment, such as on Wayfinder or were building one in the planner for Theorycrafting.  You know, as academic exercises.

Upon reflection, I see that this was approaching crimethink and offer my sincere apologies.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #30 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 3:59pm:
I am sure I have played a Cleric.

Obviously "Disciple of Shade" is non-optional, especially if you intend to be a part of any "Crushing of It".

I wouldn't be so bold as to suggest that I might be a "part" of the Crushing of It, but I do like to think that, were It to be Crushed, my cleric would be standing on the sidelines, throwing heals and removing curses like the Gods intended.  Provided, that is, that I had taken the appropriate feat for them to intend it.

I was positing that someone might not take "Disciple of Shade" if they run a cleric in a hypothetical environment, such as on Wayfinder

Way...  what's that?  Isn't that a novel by David Gemmell?

or were building one in the planner for Theorycrafting.  You know, as academic exercises.

So long as you haven't forgotten that there are three basic roles in DDO:

1)  Those who buff Shade
2)  Those who heal Shade
3)  Shade

Upon reflection, I see that this was approaching crimethink and offer my sincere apologies.

It's alright; this is a haven for free-thinkers, provided it's not *too* free.  It's obvious that you're not seriously contemplating insane notions like actually doing damage or killing things with your Shade-granted abilities.  The devs intend for you to tread the Right Way, and you should give thanks that all other ways are closed to you.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2013 at 6:39pm by Persiflage »  

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Jalora wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 3:24pm:
Beli's ego is the only reason they signed Tebow.  Tebow scores one TD and Ryan swallows his own cock.  That will be entertaining.  While I don't get the hate regarding Tebow (as there are 45+ Qbs on rosters that have never won a playoff game, let alone starters and I'm not evening talking bout 3rd strings), Beli has a long string of failures regarding high profile signings for a second chance (Hainesworth-boy can't tell ya how much I hate that fat fuck, Ocho), and only Moss panned out for 1 season.

Regardless, nobody in the AFC East has a chance against those stupid fuckers.  Stupid Bills.  Move to Toronto already.

Tebow was signed because he is an outstanding athlete, and has a nose for winning. It may not be pretty, but you can't deny the guy wins. interesting to note...in almost every category, Tebow was a better athlete than Hernandez at the combine. Tebow the TE? I doubt it, I think he is a long term project. Let him sit back, learn from Brady and the staff, and see what you have in a couple of years. The dude has the intangibles, and pretty good football intelligence, just shit mechanics.
I'm not even a Tebow fan, far from it, but I have to respect what he did in Denver 2 years ago.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #32 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:33pm:
Tebow was signed because he is an outstanding athlete, and has a nose for winning. It may not be pretty, but you can't deny the guy wins. interesting to note...in almost every category, Tebow was a better athlete than Hernandez at the combine. Tebow the TE? I doubt it, I think he is a long term project. Let him sit back, learn from Brady and the staff, and see what you have in a couple of years. The dude has the intangibles, and pretty good football intelligence, just shit mechanics.
I'm not even a Tebow fan, far from it, but I have to respect what he did in Denver 2 years ago.

Tebow's Denver wins were predicated on the old football adage of "don't FUCK up". Let the Defense do their thing and as long as you don't fuck up we'll win. For an example of this see Trent Dilfer Super Bowl winning QB.

IP Logged

Disavowed
The Beerman

Reply #33 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:45pm:
Tebow's Denver wins were predicated on the old football adage of "don't FUCK up". Let the Defense do their thing and as long as you don't fuck up we'll win. For an example of this see Trent Dilfer Super Bowl winning QB.

Well stated but I do think Grey is on to something.  The Pats came out today and said he's doing nothing but competing for the #3 QB spot.  Now if he gets that spot?  Then Grey's point of being brought up and learning under Brady has some validity.  I think Brady has at least 3 more years in him.  That's [plenty of time to find out at a cheap price if Tebow can make the turn and be a legit pocket QB.  He will have to learn to be a pocket QB in that system.  They're not going to change it for him.  They're going to make him adapt.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #34 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 21st, 2013 at 7:49pm:
BTW..."On September 21, 2008, the Miami Dolphins used the wildcat offense against the New England Patriots on six plays, which produced 5 touchdowns (four rushing and one passing—from Ronnie Brown himself) in a 38–13 upset victory."

No Wildcat guy EVER had a better day than Ronnie Brown did on that day - 4 TDs Rushing and 1 TD Passing.

I will put my NFL (any aspect) knowledge up against yours ANY day of the week.

Hey Congratz!  He had 1 more TD than Al Bundy managed for Polk High in the championship game.  Must be hard being Arkunt these days trying to wiggle your nose up Strakelns ass while trying to get into Ronnie Brown's at the same time.

As to your football knowledge, I can see you know jack shit by your insistence on running with this debate. 

If I had to guess I would say you are either a Delusional (borderline psychotic) Patriots/Boston fan or a Faggot Pittsburgh Steelers fan.  Which is it?  The Tebow debate makes it seem you are in with the Boston crowd but I think I have you pegged as a Faggot Steelers fan.

As to the Stainer comment, you seem to be the only one that is obsessed with his absence.  While I miss the humor he brought to these boards (He could have brought a dead cat to the boards and that would have been more than you ever did), he screwed himself.  If I need to communicate with him, I'll just drop him a line as that method has worked for ages.

Yes, you won the final battle with Stainer and that makes you king of the internet.  This is equal to winning the 100M retard run, yes you are the winner but you are still a retard, congratulations!......

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #35 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:34pm:
Hey Congratz!  He had 1 more TD than Al Bundy managed for Polk High in the championship game.  Must be hard being Arkunt these days trying to wiggle your nose up Strakelns ass while trying to get into Ronnie Brown's at the same time.

As to your football knowledge, I can see you know jack shit by your insistence on running with this debate. 

If I had to guess I would say you are either a Delusional (borderline psychotic) Patriots/Boston fan or a Faggot Pittsburgh Steelers fan.  Which is it?  The Tebow debate makes it seem you are in with the Boston crowd but I think I have you pegged as a Faggot Steelers fan.

As to the Stainer comment, you seem to be the only one that is obsessed with his absence.  While I miss the humor he brought to these boards (He could have brought a dead cat to the boards and that would have been more than you ever did), he screwed himself.  If I need to communicate with him, I'll just drop him a line as that method has worked for ages.

Yes, you won the final battle with Stainer and that makes you king of the internet.  This is equal to winning the 100M retard run, yes you are the winner but you are still a retard, congratulations!......

LOL!

I can see you've been practicing your ITG-speak! Nice!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Fuck you all.  I have to root for the Eagles.  You've all got cushy jobs as fans of football teams that actually have a chance of making it into the playoffs.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:51am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:39am:
Fuck you all.  I have to root for the Eagles.  You've all got cushy jobs as fans of football teams that actually have a chance of making it into the playoffs.

<=========== Raiders fan! Sad >>><<<

IP Logged

Sindarin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 8:46am
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:51am:
<=========== Raiders fan! Sad >>><<<

Not sure I'm much, if any, better off as a Chiefs fan.  At least we now have a QB I don't want to see get hurt and carried off the field.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #39 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 11:30am
Print Post  
I am fan of open firing on football players in middle of a game!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
/tongue in cheek

Dood! You better watch out/your back! The NSA is going 2 be after your for making statements like that! O_O! >><<

Just saying! Tongue! Smiley!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #41 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:01pm:
/tongue in cheek

Dood! You better watch out/your back! The NSA is going 2 be after your for making statements like that! O_O! >><<

Just saying! Tongue! Smiley!

My concern is nil.

I am Epoch.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 1:39am:

The Eagles are going to be better than you may think. You just got the best new coach out there. Like BB, he is an outside the box thinker, in the NFL that is always a leg up on other teams. The NFL playcalling is so conservative compared to college.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #43 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:43pm:
The Eagles are going to be better than you may think. You just got the best new coach out there. Like BB, he is an outside the box thinker, in the NFL that is always a leg up on other teams. The NFL playcall stealing  is so conservative compared to college.

FTFY...  FWIW, I hear the Pats are having a killer offseason...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:43pm:
The Eagles are going to be better than you may think. You just got the best new coach out there. Like BB, he is an outside the box thinker, in the NFL that is always a leg up on other teams. The NFL playcalling is so conservative compared to college.

I don't know if we got the best new coach since I haven't seen Kelly's results yet (I'm not disagreeing with you either, I just don't know yet).  I do know that we just picked up the greatest coaching improvement in NFL history even if Kelly is just mediocre.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #45 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:07pm:
I don't know if we got the best new coach since I haven't seen Kelly's results yet (I'm not disagreeing with you either, I just don't know yet).  I do know that we just picked up the greatest coaching improvement in NFL history even if Kelly is just mediocre.

The Chiefs are going to find out just how raw of a deal they got much the same way the Cardinals found out when they got Kevin Kolb.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #46 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
MajMal,

Instead of talking about Football or whatever, could you tell the idiots in charge of the website that they need to get fired for their incompetence, and find some people to actually fix that fucking website ?

Click answer in a thread = auto-logout after 3 fucking minutes of 'waiting for DDO.com to answer'

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:23pm:
MajMal,

Instead of talking about Football or whatever, could you tell the idiots in charge of the website that they need to get fired for their incompetence, and find some people to actually fix that fucking website ?

I don't think that anyone at Turbine needs to be told this.  Everyone there already knows.  What they need is for the person in charge to actually decide to fix it.

Also, it's Sunday.  If a man can't talk about football on a Sunday instead of bugging his bosses about something that you want done, then there's no hope for humanity.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:31pm by NOTpopejubal »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
I was just venting my frustration at the fact that it took me half an hour and 6 relogging to post a message....

and right now I think my edit for typo change went the way of the dodo.... due to yet another fucking disconnect timeout

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Maes
Korthos Resident

Balls Deep!

Reply #49 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Pfft... hope for humanity.... fucking hippy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint