Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Enhancement pass take 2 - release notes June 27 (Read 27562 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Enhancement pass take 2 - release notes June 27
Reply #25 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Next up: "We doubled all item-based healing amplification, and those effects will no longer stack with each other."

That would be fucking sweet!  60% from the gloves?  Or 40% from the ToD ring?  No need to try to squeeze in a 10%, 20%, and 30% item anymore to get to 60%? 

Amen.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:12pm:
That would be fucking sweet!  60% from the gloves?  Or 40% from the ToD ring?  No need to try to squeeze in a 10%, 20%, and 30% item anymore to get to 60%? 

Amen.

While I agree that would be a sweet change just a minor quibble - 10% + 20% + 30% = 71.6%. Due to the way stacking works they'd either have to do more than double it or else make a small nerf to healing amp gear. That said, even with a small nerf I'd take 1 item = all the amp you can get. Smiley

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
this preview smells like feather_of_sun'ed

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #28 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Next up: "We doubled all item-based healing amplification, and those effects will no longer stack with each other."

i'd be okay with that

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #29 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:14pm:
While I agree that would be a sweet change just a minor quibble - 10% + 20% + 30% = 71.6%. Due to the way stacking works they'd either have to do more than double it or else make a small nerf to healing amp gear. That said, even with a small nerf I'd take 1 item = all the amp you can get. Smiley

Then make it 25%, 50%, or 75% on items with no stacking and be done with it?

But I'd be fine with the doubling and no stacking really. Less inventory Tetris the better.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:30pm by Flint »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #30 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 1:34pm:
Or with the upcoming INT based skill to give you more spellpower, a Smoke item with +6 INT and +4 CHA skill item on top of perma Blur would be OK.

You forgot the +2 to Concentration from 1st tier HP.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:41pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:28pm:
Then make it 25%, 50%, or 75% on items with no stacking and be done with it?

But I'd be fine with the doubling and no stacking really. Less inventory Tetris the better.

Exactly. I don't mind if they nerf my healing amp by 11% if it means I only need 1 item to get that amp.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
It looks like the change to dodge is on items only and doesn't include feats. If that's the case, fine, though I suspect the conflict between item dodge and feat dodge will break the change. If it changes feat sources of dodge too, that's bullshit.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #33 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Why'd I waste my time filling in the fucking surveys. Nothings changed, some bugs are fixed, some arent, and the enhancement pass still fucking sucks, but it's 100% fucking clear it's getting forced upon us.

Monks = handwraps you stupid fucks.

Here's a fucking hint about attracting pure classes.

If you want people to stay pure, Make sure the capstones are fucking worth taking.

Who in the fuck is going to pick up any of the monk capstones now, the only one worth a shit is Henshin, but I'm certainly not wasting 40 fucking points in the tree for it.

As it stands now, you're offering me a blowjob if I splash 2 levels on my monk, or you'll ass fuck me with a weapon if I stay pure.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #34 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 6:09pm:
Why'd I waste my time filling in the fucking surveys. Nothings changed, some bugs are fixed, some arent, and the enhancement pass still fucking sucks, but it's 100% fucking clear it's getting forced upon us.

Monks = handwraps you stupid fucks.

Here's a fucking hint about attracting pure classes.

If you want people to stay pure, Make sure the capstones are fucking worth taking.

Who in the fuck is going to pick up any of the monk capstones now, the only one worth a shit is Henshin, but I'm certainly not wasting 40 fucking points in the tree for it.

As it stands now, you're offering me a blowjob if I splash 2 levels on my monk, or you'll ass fuck me with a weapon if I stay pure.

I've made this point several times to MajMal in posts here and on the other forums.  Monks get no DPS boosts for Handwraps but do get boosts for staves and short swords.  That is lame.  Unarmed combat is a HUGE part of monks.  To ignore it and reward armed combat is dumb. 

I don't see the benefit to very many classes at all in staying pure.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #35 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
What the Fuck ?

I'm just back from L-Space...

Clerics are still completely Fucked : Protection is still there and Nothing changed in Radiant Servant.
True the new tree look nice, but between all the active crap that makes you wish you could put a keyboard under you feet so that you could have 20 fingers available to activate all the crap and the shit we have to drink.... This smells NGE big time.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #36 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 12:42am
Print Post  
The way I see it is Turbine doesn't really get a say in this, WB doesn't know shit about mmos or DnD but do know WoW was popular so they have decided DDO needs to be closer to WoW and fk the rest.

We may be lucky with the new TR as WB doesn't know shit about that and WoW doesn't have TRing so we have a chance on it.

For the enhancements though we are fucked though and that is that.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 2:00am
Print Post  
I don't care if they leave the protection tree. No one is twisting anyone's arm to use it, just like the existence of PREs that no one uses isn't a travesty of nature.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #38 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 2:00am:
I don't care if they leave the protection tree. No one is twisting anyone's arm to use it, just like the existence of PREs that no one uses isn't a travesty of nature.

I do care, because they could have put in a real melee cleric tree instead... and they could have replaced it for FvS too.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #39 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 11:02am:
The net effect may be the same but we crafted our shit to have the specific effects we wanted.

really? 
So your existing items give you what you already had before or slightly more and you see this as a problem?

How strange you are.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #40 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Very schitzo update . . . some stuff is much better, some is much worse. 

And Vargoulle is a fucking moron who's answer is "submit a bug report" whenever you pin him on something really stupid.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 6:55pm:
I've made this point several times to MajMal in posts here and on the other forums.  Monks get no DPS boosts for Handwraps but do get boosts for staves and short swords.  That is lame.  Unarmed combat is a HUGE part of monks.  To ignore it and reward armed combat is dumb. 

I don't see the benefit to very many classes at all in staying pure. 

I'm 100% cool with monks getting bonuses to the monk flavor weapons as long as the design team looks at it as "here's something to make those weapons suck a little less" and not "here's something that monks will like" or the even more absurd "here's something to make monks more powerful".

Edit: And I also want to mention that anything that requires/encourages you to invest in weapons as a monk is crap since that's consuming AP/feats/etc. that you could be putting into something worthwhile.  Bows are the only exception to this since I like the idea of actually being able to hit something at a distance for a meaningful effect.  I wish more classes could do that.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2013 at 3:32pm by NOTpopejubal »  

IP Logged

Footgrabber
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 3:02pm:
And Vargoulle is a fucking moron who's answer is "submit a bug report" whenever you pin him on something really stupid.

I came so close to losing it when he said we should bug things so he didn't have to bother taking notes in the dev chat. First, why the fuck were they there, if they're going to flat-out admit that they aren't paying attention? And second, if they're too fucking stupid to have an in-house chat logger, there are some eula-breaking third party ones  (and even Vanshilar's eula-following fraps+ocr workaround)

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #43 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Seems I'll have to take another look at this.  Anyone able to share the cleric changes to save me some digging through through the mess of the other forums?  Been gone for 10+ days...

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #44 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:53pm:
Seems I'll have to take another look at this.  Anyone able to share the cleric changes to save me some digging through through the mess of the other forums?  Been gone for 10+ days...

My divine aficionado friends are telling me Cleric > FVS right now.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #45 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Footgrabber wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:49pm:
I came so close to losing it when he said we should bug things so he didn't have to bother taking notes in the dev chat. First, why the fuck were they there, if they're going to flat-out admit that they aren't paying attention? And second, if they're too fucking stupid to have an in-house chat logger, there are some eula-breaking third party ones  (and even Vanshilar's eula-following fraps+ocr workaround)

I did lose it on him a few times.  I'm surprised I'm not banned.

Oh wait . . .

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Divine Disciple

Core enhancements:
Emissary - follow the path of light or dark +5 alignment + {+5 neg OR +5 light} SP
Sacred Defense: +2 saves
Granted Spell (added to spellbook): Enervation or sunbolt (1d4 + 4)/CL, MCL 30, light, reflex
Granted Spell: Necrotic ray or sunbeam
Granted Spell: Power word stun or sunburst
Capstone: Transcend darkness/transcend light: +2 wis, +5 light/Neg SP, +3% damage resistance to phsyical + elemental

Standard caster meta line
Divine vitality (3 ranks) same as live
Spell critical line: 2%/tier in light OR neg OR 1% in all
Spell points (3 ranks) +30/rank
Wisdom - standard caster enhancements (no charisma available)
Spell penetration (3 ranks, 2AP each tier 2)

Spellpower:
Tier 1 (3 ranks): +5 light OR neg OR +3 universal
Tier 2 (3 ranks): +6 fire OR +5 force OR +3 universal
Tier 3 (3 ranks): +5 light OR neg OR +3 universal, same as tier 1
Tier 4 (1 rank, costs 2 AP): +1 evocation OR +1 necro OR +9 universal SP
Tier 5 (1 rank, costs 2 AP): +1 evocation OR +1 necro OR +15 light OR +15 neg OR +9 universal SP

SLAs (all have three ranks, I'd guess lower cost and lower cooldown.  Taking lower tier SLAs not required for higher tier)
Tier 1: Nimbus light OR chill touch
Tier 2: none available
Tier 3: Necrotic bolt OR searing light (necrotic bolt is different than PM version, can metamagic)
Tier 4: Holy smite OR unholy blight
Tier 5: Flame strike OR mass inflict moderate wounds

Thoughts: Additional spells and SLAs seem to be the theme.  None are particularly good though and it just adds more clutter nobody wants.  SLAs are a complete trap, with divines easily being able to splash wizard/sorc/fvs, who in their right mind woudl invest in SLAs when you could get free metas on all spells. 

The caster system is seriously fucked across the board and the new PrE does nothing to provide a glimmer of hope.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:29pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 3:02pm:

This the same one that thinks PRR and AC progressions are fine because they use the same general curve, even though in actual quests, mob damage and to-hits so very clearly don't?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #48 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm:
Divine Disciple

Core enhancements:
Emissary - follow the path of light or dark +5 alignment + {+5 neg OR +5 light} SP
Sacred Defense: +2 saves
Granted Spell (added to spellbook): Enervation or sunbolt (1d4 + 4)/CL, MCL 30, light, reflex
Granted Spell: Necrotic ray or sunbeam
Granted Spell: Power word stun or sunburst
Capstone: Transcend darkness/transcend light: +2 wis, +5 light/Neg SP, +3% damage resistance to phsyical + elemental

Standard caster meta line
Divine vitality (3 ranks) same as live
Spell critical line: 2%/tier in light OR neg OR 1% in all
Spell points (3 ranks) +30/rank
Wisdom - standard caster enhancements (no charisma available)
Spell penetration (3 ranks, 2AP each tier 2)

Spellpower:
Tier 1 (3 ranks): +5 light OR neg OR +3 universal
Tier 2 (3 ranks): +6 fire OR +5 force OR +3 universal
Tier 3 (3 ranks): +5 light OR neg OR +3 universal, same as tier 1
Tier 4 (1 rank, costs 2 AP): +1 evocation OR +1 necro OR +9 universal SP
Tier 5 (1 rank, costs 2 AP): +1 evocation OR +1 necro OR +15 light OR +15 neg OR +9 universal SP

SLAs (all have three ranks, I'd guess lower cost and lower cooldown.  Taking lower tier SLAs not required for higher tier)
Tier 1: Nimbus light OR chill touch
Tier 2: none available
Tier 3: Necrotic bolt OR searing light (necrotic bolt is different than PM version, can metamagic)
Tier 4: Holy smite OR unholy blight
Tier 5: Flame strike OR mass inflict moderate wounds

Thoughts: Additional spells and SLAs seem to be the theme.  None are particularly good though and it just adds more clutter nobody wants.  SLAs are a complete trap, with divines easily being able to splash wizard/sorc/fvs, who in their right mind woudl invest in SLAs when you could get free metas on all spells. 

The caster system is seriously fucked across the board and the new PrE does nothing to provide a glimmer of hope. 

What are you smoking?

Spell Power, Spell Points, Spell Pen, Crits, DC's?  When have clerics EVER gotten DC bumps?  Or Spell Power boosts to universal or force(BB)?  Decent capstone, too.  You are lumping clerics in with casters.  You can't do that.  Casters haven't been the red-headed step child for years.  Casters have been top of the heap for years. 

Look, it's not perfect.  But "fucked" or "not a glimmer of hope"?  You are being way too pessimistic and not very realistic given where Clerics are on live currently.  This PrE would be an improvement over anything a cleric can do on live today.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #49 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Footgrabber wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:49pm:

If this causes you to "lose it" then you need to get a grip and sign up for some anger management classes.  You are also missing the point of why he said that.  It was not laziness.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint