Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Enhancement pass take 2 - release notes June 27 (Read 27561 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Enhancement pass take 2 - release notes June 27
Reply #50 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:02pm:
What are you smoking?

Spell Power, Spell Points, Spell Pen, Crits, DC's?  When have clerics EVER gotten DC bumps?  Or Spell Power boosts to universal or force(BB)?  Decent capstone, too.  You are lumping clerics in with casters.  You can't do that.  Casters haven't been the red-headed step child for years.  Casters have been top of the heap for years. 

Look, it's not perfect.  But "fucked" or "not a glimmer of hope"?  You are being way too pessimistic and not very realistic given where Clerics are on live currently.  This PrE would be an improvement over anything a cleric can do on live today.

Hello turbine fanboy!  Turbine doesn't pay you nearly enough for all the astroturfing you are doing. 

The enhancements are garbage no matter how you look at it.  Sure you get + ~3 to DCs, but I have to ask why would you do that when it's 1) still not enough for EE and 2) you can faceroll through quests in Blitz mode. 

Take a look at the specific SLAs and additional spells.  Enervation is potentially decent, except having energy drain as a level 9 spell makes it marginal.  Nimbus light/searing light, power word stun sun-bX are all crap.  Flame strike and holy smite are potentially decent, but you can get free metamagics on ALL your spells so what is the point? 

Overall, it's basically just a weak version of AoV, which as we all know is just going to be used to splash arcanes for free metas and force SP. 
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:21pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #51 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm:
Divine Disciple

Core enhancements:
Emissary - follow the path of light or dark +5 alignment + {+5 neg OR +5 light} SP
Sacred Defense: +2 saves
Granted Spell (added to spellbook): Enervation or sunbolt (1d4 + 4)/CL, MCL 30, light, reflex
Granted Spell: Necrotic ray or sunbeam
Granted Spell: Power word stun or sunburst
Capstone: Transcend darkness/transcend light: +2 wis, +5 light/Neg SP, +3% damage resistance to phsyical + elemental

Standard caster meta line
Divine vitality (3 ranks) same as live
Spell critical line: 2%/tier in light OR neg OR 1% in all
Spell points (3 ranks) +30/rank
Wisdom - standard caster enhancements (no charisma available)
Spell penetration (3 ranks, 2AP each tier 2)

Spellpower:
Tier 1 (3 ranks): +5 light OR neg OR +3 universal
Tier 2 (3 ranks): +6 fire OR +5 force OR +3 universal
Tier 3 (3 ranks): +5 light OR neg OR +3 universal, same as tier 1
Tier 4 (1 rank, costs 2 AP): +1 evocation OR +1 necro OR +9 universal SP
Tier 5 (1 rank, costs 2 AP): +1 evocation OR +1 necro OR +15 light OR +15 neg OR +9 universal SP

SLAs (all have three ranks, I'd guess lower cost and lower cooldown.  Taking lower tier SLAs not required for higher tier)
Tier 1: Nimbus light OR chill touch
Tier 2: none available
Tier 3: Necrotic bolt OR searing light (necrotic bolt is different than PM version, can metamagic)
Tier 4: Holy smite OR unholy blight
Tier 5: Flame strike OR mass inflict moderate wounds

Thoughts: Additional spells and SLAs seem to be the theme.  None are particularly good though and it just adds more clutter nobody wants.  SLAs are a complete trap, with divines easily being able to splash wizard/sorc/fvs, who in their right mind woudl invest in SLAs when you could get free metas on all spells. 

The caster system is seriously fucked across the board and the new PrE does nothing to provide a glimmer of hope. 

For Turbine; given their history regarding divine class treatment, this is a vast improvement.  Mathematically, still unreasonably far behind on the dc curve.  However, it looks on the surface that going with sla based abilities that can be meta'd was the choice made.  I'm still not confident that a wisdom based divine caster could expect to reach viable dc's without taking magister.  That could be problematic.

But like I said, that's at a glance.  I've some reading to do it seems.

Thanks guys for filling me in.

IP Logged

Footgrabber
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:05pm:
If this causes you to "lose it" then you need to get a grip and sign up for some anger management classes.  You are also missing the point of why he said that.  It was not laziness.

LFIAF. Also, I might believe it's not laziness if they could even be bothered to fix their in-game bug reporting tool. It's fairly clear that what he means when he says "bug it" is actually "bugger off".

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:25pm:
For Turbine; given their history regarding divine class treatment, this is a vast improvement.  Mathematically, still unreasonably far behind on the dc curve.  However, it looks on the surface that going with sla based abilities that can be meta'd was the choice made.  I'm still not confident that a wisdom based divine caster could expect to reach viable dc's without taking magister.  That could be problematic.

But like I said, that's at a glance.  I've some reading to do it seems.

Thanks guys for filling me in.

It is possible as I've done it on a caster druid however you won't have the spell pen from increased caster levels.  What I did to do it on a druid was go into primal avatar and take mostly just wisdom based skills along with the spirit toggle.  With evocation twists from di and magister, I was able to hit mid 50's earthquake dc's before debuffing.  So it is possible but I'm not sold that it would be optimal since many of the sla's and extra spells seem like they would have spell pen checks at least on the darkness side.  That said you could probably boost wisdom in ea the same way but then you'd miss out on a lot more, and the druid I did this on was for doing a pure cc role in some quests with some guildies and as a test to see how high I could pump the dc's.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #54 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It is possible as I've done it on a caster druid however you won't have the spell pen from increased caster levels.  What I did to do it on a druid was go into primal avatar and take mostly just wisdom based skills along with the spirit toggle.  With evocation twists from di and magister, I was able to hit mid 50's earthquake dc's before debuffing.  So it is possible but I'm not sold that it would be optimal since many of the sla's and extra spells seem like they would have spell pen checks at least on the darkness side.  That said you could probably boost wisdom in ea the same way but then you'd miss out on a lot more, and the druid I did this on was for doing a pure cc role in some quests with some guildies and as a test to see how high I could pump the dc's.

Yes.  This was why I mentioned Magister in my previous post.  I think we all know the devs can't figure out how to fix the broken caster levels via equipment issue. 

I'm thinking that spell pen and dc's may work with maxing out past lives for Wiz/Sorc and such.  Not sure though.  Still looking at it.  At least I don't need to get rid of the last cleric I have in my stable of toons.  That's a good thing Smiley

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #55 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Footgrabber wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:30pm:
Also, I might believe it's not laziness if they could even be bothered to fix their in-game bug reporting tool. It's fairly clear that what he means when he says "bug it" is actually "bugger off".

Hmmm...not an unreasonable interpretation.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2013 at 10:29pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
What are you smoking?

Spell Power, Spell Points, Spell Pen, Crits, DC's?  When have clerics EVER gotten DC bumps?  Or Spell Power boosts to universal or force(BB)?  Decent capstone, too.  You are lumping clerics in with casters.  You can't do that.  Casters haven't been the red-headed step child for years.  Casters have been top of the heap for years. 

Look, it's not perfect.  But "fucked" or "not a glimmer of hope"?  You are being way too pessimistic and not very realistic given where Clerics are on live currently.  This PrE would be an improvement over anything a cleric can do on live today.

I have to agree with this. I run a caster cleric, and I'm happy to see force and neg options finally. And given the increase in the number of trees a toon can pull from, I'm hopeful that the mix and match will produce some better offensive caster clerics than what is possible live. I'm going to play around with it in Lama tomorrow, I think, and then I'll give feedback in the official forums. But seriously - force and necro DCs? Happy times.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #57 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:53pm:
Seems I'll have to take another look at this.  Anyone able to share the cleric changes to save me some digging through through the mess of the other forums?  Been gone for 10+ days...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419472-Feedback-Cleric-Enhancement-Pas...

People don't understand why I'm still unhappy with things like :
- Retarded Points Spent in Tree shit
- Crappy Protection Tree
- Short Term ( less than 2 minutes ) clickies
- Stupid Pacifism

Anyway, if you're
- a Healbot, everything is fine
- an Offensive Spell Cleric with the tree they didn't show us in the first pass ( My guess is that they did that on purpose ) it's more or less fine
- a Melee Cleric, you're still shafted unless you did multiclass.

Now what would be great is if other would do the same maths as me and post it after mine.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #58 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Casters have been top of the heap for years. 

The wizards will stay at the top of the heap, as due to their INT they will be able to spend points in Spellcraft to further enhance their spellpower where all the other, with their dumped INT at 8 won't be able to

There's a moronic Dev named Vargouille that said that it was a tough choice to make for non Wizards, and that he liked tough choices.

Except that the choice is simple : you either gimp yourself to get 2 to 4 build Stat points to have 2 more skill points to spend on Spellcraft and/or heal or you don't gimp yourself, and you become a second rank spellcaster.

I agree with Fucked... I'd even go Fucked up Beyond Repair.

True, the PRE is an improvement in base numbers ( more or less ), I've done the math,
But it still fucks up flexibility due to the retarded point spent in tree mechanism.
After a few weeks everybody will have exactly the same tree, like in all the WoW Clones.
Add to that the number of clickies, and SLA clickies on an already overloaded in hotbar class, the fact that we are still saddled with the abortion called Protection... And the above Spellcraft/Heal fuckery and you can only come to the conclusion that Clerics ( and Divines ) are still going to be shafted compared to some of the other classes.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #59 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Sprint boost requires 2 levels in ranger or barb and 7fucking AP to unlock

What a fucking joke.

Scrap this fucking system. It's destroying everything left that I still love about this game.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #60 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 3:21am
Print Post  
And the client freezing during the Lammania character creation screen is really starting to fuck me off.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:04pm:
My melees don't even wear shroud items anymore.  My caster still has a conc-opp/SP item and an HP item.  Otherwise, the only thing I use Shroud items for is leveling and haste/stoneskin/displacement/raise dead clickies. 

Sounds about right.  A solid melee (destiny capped, fully geared) will probably not wear any Greensteel items.  You managed to brag here.  Congrats on being a fucking braggart. 

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #62 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:25am
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 5:38am:
Sounds about right.  A solid melee (destiny capped, fully geared) will probably not wear any Greensteel items.  You managed to brag here.  Congrats on being a fucking braggart. 

Wasn't trying to brag.  Just putting Shroud items into perspective.  This isn't 2009 or 2010 anymore.  Shroud is a leveling raid, at best.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #63 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 3:18am:
Sprint boost requires 2 levels in ranger or barb and 7fucking AP to unlock

What a fucking joke.

Scrap this fucking system. It's destroying everything left that I still love about this game.

LOL, if you mess with Mo's zerging tools, it becomes personal.

But you are right, this is a very shitty change. Not sure why they would do it either, unless they were intent on killing 1-level splashes entirely.

Which sucks, because I rather like them.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:52am by LafoMamone »  

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #64 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
With the cleric enhancement revamp, is Radiant Servant prestige will still be available?

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #65 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 9:58pm:
With the cleric enhancement revamp, is Radiant Servant prestige will still be available?

It's still there.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #66 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:49pm:
It's still there.

Thanks Kiss

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #67 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:09am
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 9:58pm:

Yes it's here, you just have to spend 42 AP to get the full RSII equivalent instead of the 21 you need on live.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #68 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:09am:
Yes it's here, you just have to spend 42 AP to get the full RSII equivalent instead of the 21 you need on live.

Top tiers were dropped to 30pts required.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #69 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Footgrabber wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:30pm:
LFIAF.

Lie Farting In A Fire?

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #70 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:13am
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:50am:
LOL, if you mess with Mo's zerging tools, it becomes personal.

But you are right, this is a very shitty change. Not sure why they would do it either, unless they were intent on killing 1-level splashes entirely.

Which sucks, because I rather like them.

Yeah, but how many level 1 splashes of Barb and Ranger were legit for a build someone was planning on playing semi-permanently?  The main reason people splash it is for the sprint boost. 

1 Rogue, for example, is a more legit splash to get access to UMD full ranks, skill points, etc. 

The majority of 1 class splashes that are not "trying to make a TR easier/faster" do not rely on enhancements at all, but other features of the class.  They didn't kill 1 splashes.  They killed 1 splashes to make you run faster.  Meh.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:13am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #71 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:13am:
Yeah, but how many level 1 splashes of Barb and Ranger were legit for a build someone was planning on playing semi-permanently?  The main reason people splash it is for the sprint boost. 

Actually, I was seeing quite a few favored souls with one level barb splash playing at cap during MOTU times, along with a handful of other classes, mostly bards. In many cases, especially for two-handers, one barb level can give you more than taking a second fighter level, for example. Ranger 1-level splashes were and are mostly for levelling, I agree.

However, I do not see why someone would think that running at +25% for 20 seconds at a time would be too powerful to put these new restrictions on it. It's going a bit too far, IMO.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:23am by LafoMamone »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
DC casting is still fucking terrible.  Here are the numbers for a 20 Wizard:

INT:
20 Drow base
7 Level ups (assumes level 28)
6 Epic destiny
5 Tome
8 Enhancement
3 Insightful
1 Profane
2 Ship
2 Yugo
2 Lich form
2 Archmage
2 Pale Master
2 Improved Shrouding (Lich)
2 Drow
2 Pale Master capstone
2 Great Intelligence feats
2 Twist: +1 INT (x2)
----

Necro DC:
10 Base
09 Spell levels (Heighten)
01 Past Life: Wizard
01 Lich form
30 INT bonus
03 Major Necromancy Focus
03 Epic Necromancy Focus
03 Necromancy Specialist (Magister)
01 Necromantic Focus (Pale Master)
01 Primary Spell Focus: Necromancy (Archmage)
---

62 DC means you must Energy Drain before every Finger of Death against EE melee mobs.  Wail of the Banshee might as well read "AE Enervate" against EE mobs.  Scaling from level 25 to level 28 with the ridiculous CR increases we've seen will make necro DC casting even more difficult.

Ways to get more DCs:
4 INT Abishai cookies (suffers from limited supply)
2 INT Alchemical potion (duration is too short and very difficult to acquire IMO)
2 INT DDO store potion (stacks with everything)
2 INT Completionist (fuck that, and I've completed 26 TRs)

Divine Evocation DCs are worse.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I still think it would be better if both the points spent requirement and the spellcraft-per-point-spent were dependent on total points spent, not points spent in tree. Top tier abilities could still be protected through prereqs. If Maj is still around reading, is there a reason why this can't be done?

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #74 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:13am:

1 Rogue, for example, is a more legit splash to get access to UMD full ranks, skill points, etc. 

The majority of 1 class splashes that are not "trying to make a TR easier/faster" do not rely on enhancements at all, but other features of the class.  They didn't kill 1 splashes.  They killed 1 splashes to make you run faster.  Meh. 

They Killed all 1 splashes anywhere that were taken for any action boost.

1 Barb gave my horc evoker / melee fvs 10% movement speed, martial weapon profs. The enhancements it opened up were sprint boost and +1 power attack for 2ap total.

Now for 2ap i can get 1 core ability, and one ap of 12 enhancements.

1 core ability + 1 rank of 1 / 15 enhancements

of these 15 enhancements

4 are related to rage. no go.
4 are a +w attack clicky.
3 are skill boosts
4 are defensive

There's still no good reason all the old class abilities have been bundled into prestige lines.  Even with this new UI  we should have access 1 racial tree + 3 class trees and 3 prestige trees.

The class trees should be much like the enhancements now, with all of our standard class based abilities / skill boosts / passive skills / heal amp etc.

The biggest overall cockups are the tieing class based abilities into prestige enhancements, and making things more expensive

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint