Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Character selection and DC's. (Read 6164 times)
Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Re: Character selection and DC's.
Reply #25 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
Like clockwork. First login: hang + red feather_of_sun'ed X. Second login, no issues. Honestly just figured it was the shitty wireless I was on while I'm workin this new project.

Naw.  It's something to do with either the connection on Turbine's end, or how the connections interacts with certain modems/routers.  It's too prevalent and repeatable to be something else.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #26 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 2:10am:
Naw.  It's something to do with either the connection on Turbine's end, or how the connections interacts with certain modems/routers.  It's too prevalent and repeatable to be something else.

For the record on this, there has NEVER been an issue for us until the fucked up forum downgrade. Yes it was common for an IN-GAME DC to fuck up the gamma on my machine (and only if I had previously adjusted the gamma on THAT particular client install) but the DC at character selection only started with the fucking forum changes.

In fact, the character selection DC only began for US the first ever time last weekend as far as I know.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2013 at 2:37am by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #27 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 4:14am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 2:14am:
For the record on this, there has NEVER been an issue for us until the fucked up forum downgrade.

Forum downgrade involved a lot of notwork reconfiguration, as they changed the server, it's ip address, they also put in service a new gls.ddo.com server ( authentication ) that looks like it's a global beast for WB instead of being only a Turbine one, and a few other things including outsourcing a few things.

Oh and it was also that time when they got the back end ready for the awesomium process and a few other changes in DDO.

I have PROOF ( as in wireshark traces and system calls traces ) that now DDO sends informations to third parties, at login, during game, at gameclient closure.
Turbine domain is 74.201.10X.XX
All the game servers are in that domain, the ICAN entry also points there.
So we could expect that all the traffic between DDOclient.exe and it's subprocesses is directed towards the Turbine domain... that is NOT the case :

I have requests sent to 90.84.55.66 ( a928.g.akamai.net or content.turbine.com.edgesuite.net )
I have requests sent to a1942.g.akamai.net ( 90.84.55.18/41 it also appears to be download.lotro.akamai.turbine.com )
I have requests sent to  90.84.55.42 ( yet another akamai.net address )
I have requests sent to 173.194.40.101 ( par10s09-in-f5.1e100.net )
I have requests sent to 173.194.40.110 ( par10s09-in-f14.1e100.net )
I have requests sent to 173.194.40.126 ( par10s09-in-f30.1e100.net )
I have requests sent to 173.194.66.147 ( we-in-f147.1e100.net )
[ All the above seems to be www.google.com adresses ]
I have requests sent to 2.16.121.68 ( seems to be something related to entrust.net )
I have requests sent to 2.16.121.67 ( seems to be something related to entrust.net )
I have requests sent to  4.53.19.203 ( rev-4-53-19-203.mof.playspan.net )
I have requests sent to 66.150.167.194 ( www.fuzeqna.com

Fun Stuff : Friend list is loaded in Clear ( you see it in the wireshark trace )

Not Fun Stuff : Awesomiumcrap  preloads several javascripts. ( /js/library/community/Interstitial/interstisial.js; /sites/all/libraries/handlebars/handlebars.js; /sites/all/libraries/underscore/underscore.js; /sites/all/libraries/backbone/backbone.js; ... )

« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2013 at 5:05am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #28 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
I never get the DC on login problem.  must be your shitty PC Smiley

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #29 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 2:16pm:
I never get the DC on login problem.  must be your shitty PC Smiley

Fuckin cunt. Go chew on a rock.  Tongue

MAGA!

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #30 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
seriously, it never happens to me. 
And I've lost connection zoning into the sands like two times in several years also. 
Another problem that only happens to other people

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #31 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 5:24pm:
And I've lost connection zoning into the sands like two times in several years also. 

It never used to happen to me either. I would see threads about it on the official forums about one a week since the forum degradation, I don't recall ever seeing threads about it before then though.

But I have never thought the problem was a persons machine, kind of hard for me to believe that it is when DC'ing is such a fucking common occurrence in the game I had no problem believing that character selection was turbined too.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 5:24pm:

Zone dc's mostly don't happen to 64 bit systems.  It'll only happen if they've swapped a shitload of toons and the memory leak is running rampant.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #33 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
Zone dc's mostly don't happen to 64 bit systems.  It'll only happen if they've swapped a shitload of toons and the memory leak is running rampant.

Bull fucking shit. Bull fucking shit. Goddamned you are just a fount of idiocy.

In fact, when I upgraded to 64 bit the zone crashes got worse. When I upgraded to 8 gigs of ram they got better.

Jesus fucking christ it just couldn't possibly be something wrong on turbines end now could it?

Ignorant fuck.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:20am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:10am:
Bull fucking shit. Bull fucking shit. Goddamned you are just a fount of idiocy.

In fact, when I upgraded to 64 bit the zone crashes got worse. When I upgraded to 8 gigs of ram they got better.

Jesus fucking christ it just couldn't possibly be something wrong on turbines end now could it?

Ignorant fuck.

Let me guess before you upgraded the ram you only had 2gb or so which means you added to kernal bloat without actually getting any additional benefit of being able to access more ram with a 64 bit os.

edit*
Yeah the client is an unoptimised pos,  that's why there are more bugs and broken shit every single update,  but turbine is not ever going to spend the money to fix it so you can either deal with it,  upgrade your computer, or quit the game.  Thinking anything else will ever happen with turbine is delusional.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:22am by »  

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #35 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Quote:
Let me guess before you upgraded the ram you only had 2gb or so which means you added to kernal bloat without actually getting any additional benefit of being able to access more ram with a 64 bit os.

edit*
Yeah the client is an unoptimised pos,  that's why there are more bugs and feather_of_sun'ed shit every single update,  but turbine is not ever going to spend the money to fix it so you can either deal with it,  upgrade your computer, or quit the game.  Thinking anything else will ever happen with turbine is delusional.

No you ignorant fuck.

And as far as what I can do? I can do what I have been doing. I can bitch about turbine and their fucked up broken goddamned shit all I want.

And there is really no Jerry here for you to fucking run to when I do it you ignorant fuck.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 2:28am
Print Post  
I'm saying that bitching to turbine is as effective as punching yourself in the dick and that you are wasting your time.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #37 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 4:06am
Print Post  
How I solved my crash problems :

- 64bit system
- 4 Gb RAM
- SSD Drive.

The upgrade from 2 to 4 GB on XP, along with the workaround to activate the 3.2GB in XP helped solve about 80% of my crashes.
The install of 7 64bit along with the SSD drive solved the rest.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #38 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm saying that bitching to turbine is as effective as punching yourself in the dick and that you are wasting your time.

Who the fuck cares if I am wasting my time. I wasted my fucking time on their forums and your buddy jerry dropped the ban hammer because of it.

I enjoy my fucking bitching about the shit they continue to do to fuck themselves in the ass with people the genuinely enjoy their game, but are sick and fucking tired of having to find user generated workarounds for the fucking junk broken and unfinished shit they pump out as regularly as my morning shit.

@ Flav: I have heard alot about SSD doing the trick, someone in this thread said that running the game from a thumbstick works too and stopped their DC's.

If I ever give a shit enough to log on myself, I will try the thumbdrive before I dump money into an SSD.

I am pretty much sick and fucking tired of throwing good money after bad just to play a broken game.

MAGA!

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  
I've never had a single zone crash on any of 5 different pc's (2 desk top, 3 different laptops) in almost 4 years of playing.

Infact, I've had the game crash from  more updates to the ts3 overlay then anything else.

Now, the first load in during the day on the newest laptop is slow as crap, and it's 8 gb of ram, on an i7 processer.  Although the same laptop with ssd is plenty fast to load in.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:18am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 1:01am:
Ever stop typing much? It is actually people like you that make people like me look good.

I don't think that's working out the way you think it is.

Charonous, Mama Gawna is here to white knight your face off!  Wanna rub cunts?  /vaginahighfive

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint