Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Character selection and DC's. (Read 6143 times)
umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Character selection and DC's.
Jun 28th, 2013 at 11:19am
Print Post  
So the character select DC apparently did not get fixed last weekend when I went through the hell of re-installing the game. I thought it did, but I guess not.

My brother lost it over it. I have him occupied torching the U-bolts off the IFS on this truck right now. But he is fuming about this issue. He has finally reached his breaking point with Turbine as well.

Sucks for him. I tried to warn him that with his problems in his head right now this game probably would in the long run not be beneficial for him. Some happy ass over there decided to question his maturity, and now I have to pay for it.

Who all else is having these DC issues? I mean seriously, it is being posted constantly on the game forums about people DC'ing or having to log in twice.

I am just curious how many are affected by it.

MAGA!

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Re: Character selection and DC's.
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
I took a break for a while, and, while I had this problem before, it does seem worse now. Pretty routine to lose the server connection/crash after selecting a character, and have to restart the game.

After I've been playing for a while, I start to get crippling lag and then crash, so I have to restart the game. And then sometimes crash again on login. It's kind of spectacular.

But in between the login crash and the lag crash, the game runs just fine.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
I'm not having those DC issues.  Undecided
Never have.

IP Logged

Footgrabber
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I bought a $5 usb stick and run the game off that instead of off my harddrive, and the DC problem went away.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
i've never had DC on charcter select.

I used to have those crashes when zoning into Zawabi's or GH or orchard.

But those went away when I got 64-bit Windows 7.

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
If you're talking about what i think you are, you might want to tell your brother to not tell people to get bent when they're trying to figure out if his gamma problems are from a bad video card.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Your brother sounds like a douche

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
It's a conspiracy. Turdbine dev's are getting paid now by how many people login to the game. So they implanted a code to make people randomly DC so they can get more money.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Jalora wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 2:50pm:
Your brother sounds like a douche

Fucked up vet that can't seem to cope right now. I had to have him arrested yesterday.

Nobody, and I mean nobody gets aggressive with kids around me.

MAGA!

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
If you're talking about what i think you are, you might want to tell your brother to not tell people to get bent when they're trying to figure out if his gamma problems are from a bad video card.

I don't know what went on frankly. But I do know it involved you or someone using your same name on the other forums.

And whatever it was you said to him is pretty much what set him off.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Well you might want to go find that thread,  because while cordovan closed it he didn't delete it.  Your brother was raged out far before I made any comments,  and blaming his issues on forumites or anything else is scapegoating.  I have sympathy that his brain has been fubar'ed by the government but this sounds like the sort of thing that happens regardless and the "trigger" would be something else rather than what was found that day.  I hope he gets the help he needs because it sounds like he really needs it.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:57am:
And whatever it was you said to him is pretty much what set him off.

If he goes off that easily, he probably shouldn't be allowed on the internet until he gets some help / medication.

There was nothing unusual with the responses he was getting.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 2:26pm:
If he goes off that easily, he probably shouldn't be allowed on the internet until he gets some help / medication.

There was nothing unusual with the responses he was getting.

Can you linky please?

umeannothing wrote on Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:08am:
Fucked up vet that can't seem to cope right now. I had to have him arrested yesterday.

I think you might be an oversharer.

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:43pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
I've not had a DC problem on character creation either.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Like clockwork. First login: hang + red broken X. Second login, no issues. Honestly just figured it was the shitty wireless I was on while I'm workin this new project.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Can you linky please?

I think you might be an oversharer.

Maybe I am, but apparently there is a fucknut that questioned my brothers maturity, and that was his trigger.

Now, I am not saying the fucknut was in the wrong or anything, but the fucknut is still a fucknut, most especially when there are about 15 tthreads from people over there complaining about the first time log in DC, and the fucknut decided to flap his fucking gums and do the typical fanbitch thing and blame the computer.

Hey fucking charonous, you need to hit each and every thread about this and blame peoples computer fucknut. Don't  a bitch and single just out one person or one thread and call them immature because they got fed up with being Turbined again.

MAGA!

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #17 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well you might want to go find that thread,  because while cordovan closed it he didn't delete it.  Your brother was raged out far before I made any comments,  and blaming his issues on forumites or anything else is scapegoating.  I have sympathy that his brain has been fubar'ed by the government but this sounds like the sort of thing that happens regardless and the "trigger" would be something else rather than what was found that day.  I hope he gets the help he needs because it sounds like he really needs it.

Bullshit cunt, the posts from you and my brother WERE indeed deleted you lying little cunt.

Fucking liar motherfucker, I can post the infraction if you like lying ass fanbitch.

Correction: Warning, not infracted, but I think he said more in the thread before he raged out, so I don't know.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:00am by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #18 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
Like clockwork. First login: hang + red feather_of_sun'ed X. Second login, no issues. Honestly just figured it was the shitty wireless I was on while I'm workin this new project.

The last few times I bothered to log in, this has happened to me with regularity. It kinda kills the urge to even attempt to get back into the game. And unless there is some compelling reason to give a damn about the game that's come p recently - I don't really have the impetus to reinstall.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Ah I see you're not very different from your brother, yeah there is the 2 log in issue,  but the gamma bs he spent the first half of his ramble trying to talk about is not a common problem or bug.  Bad gamma problems would be talked about a hell of a lot more if was a bug and since he's the only one I've ever seen talk about any of it, yeah it's his computer.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #20 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ah I see you're not very different from your brother, yeah there is the 2 log in issue,  but the gamma bs he spent the first half of his ramble trying to talk about is not a common problem or bug.  Bad gamma problems would be talked about a hell of a lot more if was a bug and since he's the only one I've ever seen talk about any of it, yeah it's his computer.

Well fucknut, I personally read a thread from someone else a couple months ago about the issue.

So it isn't just us cunt, it isn't just us.

Instead of blaming peoples rigs like a fancunt of Turbines, try keeping your fucking fingers off the fucking keys if you have no fucking idea of what is being talked about then you ignorant fuck.

Or, you can just keep on keeping on, because frankly, it is much more fun for me to watch ignorant fucks try to act like they somehow know something about a subject when they are an ignorant fuck.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:45am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:30am:
Well fucknut, I personally read a thread from someone else a couple months ago about the issue.

So it isn't just us cunt, it isn't just us.

Instead of blaming peoples rigs like a fancunt of Turbines, try keeping your fucking fingers off the fucking keys if you have no fucking idea of what is being talked about then you ignorant fuck.

Or, you can just keep on keeping on, because frankly, it is much more fun for me to watch ignorant fucks try to act like they somehow know something about a subject when they are an ignorant fuck.

look out it's an internet tough guy over here

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #22 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
look out it's an internet tough guy over here

Yep, gotta have an internet tough guy to tell you ignorant fucks your ignorant fucks right?

Fucking ignorant fuck anyway.

EDIT: I better grammar nazi myself, I am sure the ignorant fuck just came in his pants when I used your for you're.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:48am by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:55am
Print Post  
please continue your rage I find you amusing,  it proves that you are such a stable individual.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #24 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
please continue your rage I find you amusing,  it proves that you are such a stable individual.

Ever stop typing much? It is actually people like you that make people like me look good.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint