Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GW2 goes down the Mayban road (Read 207 times)
Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

GW2 goes down the Mayban road
Jun 30th, 2013 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Security-Advancements-and-...

Quote:
After significant investigation, we were able to determine that a bug in the jumping puzzle itself was causing players to fall out of the intended boundaries of the puzzle. Due to this bug, there was an unintended side effect that caused false positives on an element of our malicious activity detection system. We have since identified players that were caught up in this false detection and have reinstated their accounts.

And just for added flavor to show what they're up against

Quote:
In the month of June alone, we have taken action against more than 10,000 accounts that were identified to have performed malicious activity in Guild Wars 2. While not immediately apparent in game, this has made a significant overall impact on the number of players attempting to abuse cheats and exploits in our game.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: GW2 goes down the Mayban road
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:21am
Print Post  
DDO was the first MMO I played heavily.  It is interesting seeing the progression with GW2 and NWO.  Some things seem to be Turbine specific, but a lot of the stuff people bitch about seems to be systemic in the industry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint