Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) gurl gamer vs. girl who games (Read 974 times)
rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

gurl gamer vs. girl who games
Jul 4th, 2013 at 12:18am
Print Post  
I have been seeing alot lot of this going around the webs lately and ALOT of white knights that defend the gurl aspect of the demographic.

the shit hit the fan because of this guy....

In reference to this gurl gamer...

http://www.youtube.com/user/GirlGoneGamer

so what do the people think here? not cool to make fun of this type of "gamer"? or fuck that money ho bitch?

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Re: gurl gamer vs. girl who games
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 12:56am
Print Post  
I am a casual... at best  Cry

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Oh dear Azog went through the Gender Bender...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
There are a lot of different people that act different ways, and I don't think there's any one way to be a gamer girl. That being said, the ones that talk more about being female than anything else and giggle and remind everyone how cool they are because they are GIRLS! THAT! GAME! are fucking annoying as hell and hurt all the rest of us. Especially when they move into using the fact that they are girls to get loot and talk people into carrying them through quests with no effort at improvement.

I'm a girl, and I game because I enjoy it. Not because I'm super cool (even though I am) or because I want an ego boost from gamer guys that proceed to internet drool on me (that's not an ego boost, that's gross). What annoys me most about it is that whether a gamer is male or female shouldn't even raise an eyebrow. Flip the script and imagine guys talking about how they are gamer guys and so cool because they are guys, and they play games, and isn't that awesome? Blegh.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 4:57am:
Oh dear Azog went through the Gender Bender...

Too much Atrazine in Water.

I will sue Syngenta.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
What annoys me the most are the guys who think that because I'm a girl, I'm automatically example 1 and that I need them to hold my hand and play the game for me.  My most recent example, during my last TR (Peech's 3rd), is the guy who put a bow of the silver flame in my name and told me I needed to loot it.  I told him Thanks, but I don't need it.  He started lecturing me on how good it was vs undead and blah blah blah.  I cut him off telling him I didn't need it because I ALREADY HAD AN EPIC ONE.  He told me I didn't have to be RUDE about it and I shot back that he didn't need to assume I couldn't play this game cuz I have tits.  He dropped party so fast there's no way I hadn't hit the nail on the head.  I kinda felt bad for the guy because that attitude on Ghallanda will have not made him any friends.

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

kmack
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I brag about being a gamer guy. Then I remember I suck at games and go back to piking.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
http://www.fark.com/go/7825122

Quote:
What happens when a guy logs in under his wife’s gamertag? A whole new understanding of gamer girl problems. A huge thank you to my buddy Slaus for writing this post!

I consider myself a normal guy really. Nothing special, run of the mill, pays his taxes and tries not to scratch himself in public kinda dude.  Puts pants on two legs at a time and just tries to enjoy life every now and then with a little bit of escapism via video games when time permits.

But I want to tell you about a time where I logged in to game, and ended up beginning down a road of pro-feminism, or being a little BLEEP as many my male friends have decided to call it. But I digress… let’s get to the story.

For quite awhile I was in absolute love with Mass Effect 3 multi-player. Not just because it took place in the world of Commander Shepherd and I got to play as some of my favourite species and classes, but more so because it was cooperative.

…and I was good at it.

Really good at it.

Guaranteed first or second ranking per match good. Another reason I was in love with the game was because I got to play it alongside my wife, my long-time childhood friend; Mark as well as other really cool friends and strangers who happened to fill out the remaining spots. But one day I decided to login to try and unlock a few perks and packs for my wife since she was having a terrible time getting valuable items which you could randomly get in the perk packs. Therefore I decided to log in as her one time, play as a character which was one of my favourites, and rack up enough points to afford her a few packs in hopes at least of them would be an unlock for something worthwhile. Little did I know I’d be unlocking much more.

As soon as I logged onto the “lobby” which is an area where the 4 players wait before going into the match, the first thing I hear over the headphones was: “Oh great.. a girl player? F*ck. Are you serious? Let’s kick her and hope we get someone else.” Of course for those of you unfamiliar with how this works, they knew the character was a female due to my wife’s moniker or gamer tag as it’s called. Then another player chimed in : “We can’t do a gold match with a girl player. There are even girls who play this game? Shouldn’t she be playing my little pony or something.”

The article continues with the adventure that unfolds when this good guy logs in to his girlfriend's account and enjoys the company of some neanderthals.

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
I can't believe I read Pope's article. From the get go I should have dismissed it when I read that guy logged into his wife's account to unlock some stuff...

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

White Knight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
My ears were ringing...

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:31am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 2:04pm:
What annoys me the most are the guys who think that because I'm a girl, I'm automatically example 1 and that I need them to hold my hand and play the game for me.  My most recent example, during my last TR (Peech's 3rd), is the guy who put a bow of the silver flame in my name and told me I needed to loot it.  I told him Thanks, but I don't need it.  He started lecturing me on how good it was vs undead and blah blah blah.  I cut him off telling him I didn't need it because I ALREADY HAD AN EPIC ONE.  He told me I didn't have to be RUDE about it and I shot back that he didn't need to assume I couldn't play this game cuz I have tits.  He dropped party so fast there's no way I hadn't hit the nail on the head.  I kinda felt bad for the guy because that attitude on Ghallanda will have not made him any friends.

I'm a little surprised that happened on Ghallanda. Guess it has changed since I played.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #12 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
He does have a point in that if you really are a gamer you don't need to point out that you're a female gamer (or a male gamers) from the get go, you just say "I'm a gamer" and move on.

Of course if someone is like "HOLY SHIT YOU'RE A FEMALE GAMER?!?!??" you should of course go "yes I'm a fucking female gamer, grow the fuck up" but emphasizing the fact that you are a female gamer as the main reason why you are special is kinda ... well... "speshul"  Roll Eyes

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #13 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm a little surprised that happened on Ghallanda. Guess it has changed since I played.

Not really, there's always been a smattering of that element even on G-land, it just never survives long.

kierg10 wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:05pm:
you should of course go "yes I'm a fucking female gamer, grow the fuck up"

"HOLY FUCK!!  THAT MUST BE WHY I'M BLEEDING!!11!1!!"  /afk tampon

They tend to never bring up your sex again.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #14 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:37pm:
Not really, there's always been a smattering of that element even on G-land, it just never survives long.

They tend to never bring up your sex again.

okay, that is one of the best things I have read in a while Cheesy

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:37pm:

Hot and sour soup!  IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #16 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 2:04pm:
I have tits. 

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #17 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hot and sour soup!  IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

ist bum !

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #18 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
I think the guy in that first video is being an ass about it, but he's right about the fact that gender shouldn't matter in video games.  Skill and experience is what matters.

Sure some girls do try to play on their gender to their advantage.  But all have to overcome a lot of bias and stereotyping due to their gender. 

I think the biggest issue I have with the girls that are trying to "play up" their gender is that they perpetuate those stereotypes and bias and make it harder for the females who just want to enjoy gaming and be respected for their skill.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 1:22pm:
I think the biggest issue I have with the girls that are trying to "play up" their gender is that they perpetuate those stereotypes and bias and make it harder for the females who just want to enjoy gaming and be respected for their skill.

Or who just want to scream at people.  Don't you fucking pigeonhole me.  I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Or who just want to scream at people.  Don't you fucking pigeonhole me.  I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!

Go for it.  Being a raving lunatic over the mike is not gender specific.  If people aren't at 6 oclock, then you let them know where you are going to shove the big hand!

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
I just wanted to remind you guys that I have a vagina.  In case you forgot.  Feel free to send me money!

IP Logged

White Knight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I just wanted to remind you guys that I have a vagina.  In case you forgot.  Feel free to send me money!

SNATCHing money

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #23 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Reminds me of http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1344189334
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2013 at 7:19pm by Slug »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 6:56pm:

That thread was amazeballs!  I had totally forgotten all about it!  My favorite was when Wujoh came in thinking Maxwell got scammed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint