Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) DDO Oracle has updated (Read 9315 times)
IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: I will play your game Asheras
Reply #25 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jul 6th, 2013 at 8:12am:
I chose to use PEAK 17,500 on April 7 to most recent trough on July 2, which is 12,500 for my own nefarious purposes.

Which is a fucking retarded comparison to make.  Did you fail maths?

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

My math
Reply #26 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, Probability & Statistics I, Probability & Statistics II, Discrete Structures.  Probably something else in there that I have forgotten, I could go get my transcripts though.

Now, what classes did you all take?

Unsure why it is attack the poster and not the topic, but I can be a pubescent phallus also.  Something about the numbers that you don't like? 

« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:41pm by notajedi »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: My math
Reply #27 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:37pm:
Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, Probability & Statistics I, Probability & Statistics II, Discrete Structures.  Probably something else in there that I have forgotten, I could go get my transcripts though.

Unsure why it is attack the poster and not the topic, but I can be a pubescent phallus also.  Something about the numbers that you don't like? 

Yes, they are saying they are inaccurate. Have you not been reading what they are saying? Why do you ask dumb questions?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #28 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:23pm
Print Post  

comparing the best of one point to the worst of one point is a way to look at graphs that manipulate the data so that it specifically looks towards the point you want to make, i.e., DDO is dying extremely quickly.

However if you look at point to point, such as mid to mid, or trough to trough, you will see a more realistic change in data, as you are not looking to the complete peak of the graph to the utter low of the graph.

So if you looked at the trough to the trough and found a 2,500 log in difference then you can say that people playing the game are down by a considerable number, but at the point where you manipulate the data to specifically show the point you are trying to make, so by pointing tip to trough, you are saying 5,000 players down and are drawing an unfair and illogical conclusion.

For example, let's say I took the trough of the older section to the tip of the newer section I might get a comparison of 15,000 log ins to 15,000 log ins, versus the trough to trough where I get 15,000 to 12,500.

The first way of looking at the data says that we have lost no players, the second shows that we have lost approximately 2,500 loss in log ins.....the former is entirely inaccurate, and the latter is more accurate (down to errors in the graph really).

So if you are looking from tip of when we had more players to trough when we have less players you are drawing an inaccurate conclusion based on numbers that are not supposed to be read in the way you are putting them, and you are drawing incorrect conclusions about the data.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:34pm
Print Post  

In true Vault fashion:

Quantifying how much you know today versus how much you knew 30 seconds from the womb, you're not as ignorant as you've ever been, but you're damn fucking close.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Okey DOkey
Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Using the MotU chart when it was PEAK 31,000 and now it is PEAK 17,500.

(31000-17500)/31000 = 43.5% drop

No matter how you glass is half fullers want to see it,

(17500-5000)/17500 = 28.6% drop

2500/17500 = 14.3% drop

Or using the Trough to Peak method then it is just about 0%.

A drop is a drop.  You can take the 14.3% number and enjoy.  I notice none of you 14.3% posted over in the Pity the new ddo player thread on the Vault. 

Or maybe you have not been reading the DDO forums threads from the Wayfinder players complaining about their lack of players and how other players then react to that.

I must be mistaken in my translation of the numbers.  14.3% is way better than 28.6% but you conveniently ignore the 43.5% drop.  Obviously, the true number is trough to peak and the change is 0%.

Therefore, DDO is not dying it is actually static.

In Stock market parlance, the trend is not your friend.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:53pm by notajedi »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Okey DOkey
Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:45pm:

2500/17500 = 14.3% drop

A drop is a drop.  You can take the 14.3% number and enjoy.  I notice none of you 14.3% posted over in the Pity the new ddo player thread on the Vault. 

Or maybe you have not been reading the DDO forums threads from the Wayfinder players complaining about their lack of players and how other players then react to that.

I must be mistaken in my translation of the numbers.  14.3% is way better than 28.6% but you conveniently ignore the 43.5% drop.  Obviously, the true number is trough to peak and the change is 0%.

You're an idiot.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:45pm:

2500/17500 = 14.3% drop

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics...

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: DDO Oracle has updated
Reply #33 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:56am
Print Post  
*shrug*

Maths are tough... especially when they are not in Hex or in Binary.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

The Oracle
Korthos Resident

I See Dead People

Reply #34 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics...

I'll be running for govenor as soon as I get a spot in Predator III.

Not fired up about the general situation lately, but I have tried to be diligent on updating the Traffic Report given the recent interest.  If nothing else, Wayfinder is clearly getting a much-needed boost.  The data is there for all to see, but I'm calling this one myself -- it's working.

Almost as clearly, though, is that it's coming at the expense of the other servers.  Which isn't exactly rocket science, but still.

Quote:
Maths are tough... especially when they are not in Hex or in Binary.

The Oracle fully supports this message.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 4:44pm
Print Post  

I just saw this.  It was amusing.  Oh, and I finished Calculus II in high school, for the record.  You haven't listed an impressive set of maths courses.  And yes, I've had more maths than you.

But one does not need any maths to see that you are being a fucking moron.  Any dishwasher at McDonald's could point out how fucking retarded your numbers are.

Obviously, your education did nothing for you.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: DDO Oracle has updated
Reply #36 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 1:42pm:
enhancement

That's why I stopped logging in. Shit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]