Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cube world (Read 1959 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Cube world
Jul 6th, 2013 at 12:25am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Cube world
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Apparently there have been so many requests to their server to download cube world that they are being interpreted as attacks.  The download is available right now but the site to do so has been up and down for the last couple days.

I downloaded, made a toon, created a local server and ran around a couple minutes while taking a break from ddo inventory maintenance.  I think Mokune is off timer for citw so back to ddo for a bit  Cheesy

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
How is it?  Been trying to download it, but it seems like the site is getting DDOS'ed.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 7:24am
Print Post  
It's fun, relatively simple and engaging.

PRO- Character movement and control is the closest to DDO style melee and movement than any other video game.  It rivals it in a lot of aspects and surpasses DDO in the fact that you can climb shear walls. The higher your Stamina and Climb skill the higher you can climb.

CON-Cannot customize key mapping within Cube World.  I set up a new profile and mapped the game controls on my G13 Gamepad.  If you use something similar it won't be an issue.

CON-Mouse Look is on all the time.  Left Mouse is Attack1, and Right Mouse is Attack 2 and Dodge(Tumble) is mapped to Mouse Scroll Wheel Button (which is my "R" AutoRun for DDO so have to remap Naga Mouse every time I swap games but not a big deal.

The Cube World Wiki page has all the basic information you need to understand game play and help me a lot.

I've been an avid Rogue/Hack/NetHack1.x,2.x,3.x/SLASHeM fan since 1987.  Probably logged more game hours in my lifetime with those than any other video game.  The simplicity is very appealing. 

All in all its worth the $19.76 I spent on the Alpha release.  Purchasing any version gets you supposed "lifetime" updates/Beta/Full Release etc. CW is entertaining and challenging. 

You can create many different "Seed" worlds on your PC and jump from Seed to Seed with the same character.  When you create a World you input a Seed (number string not sure max length).

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint