Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So MajorMal - regarding ENH pass . . . (Read 16881 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Re: So MajorMal - regarding ENH pass . . .
Reply #25 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Just give every class one more skill point.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 9:48am
Print Post  
A single Skillpoint would only work if the skills are made class skills for EVERY class

but wouldn't it be easier to just kill the whole Spellcraft, Repair, Heal, Perform Spellpower thing and I dunno maybe say add 1,5 Universal SP per character level to the Magical Training feat?

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #27 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Why are people acting like it's a must have of Spellcraft/Repair/Heal/Perform?

I am probably going to get told to go DIAF but these are options to make your character. NOT REQUIRED! So for max build yes you should have these but they are not set in stone requirements. Does everyone here not understand the word CHOICE? You chose to take or not take it. If you take it you get the benefit of it but also the cost of not being able to take something else. I hear so many people saying the game is becoming more cookie cutter but when they put in something you have to make a choice to take we hear bitching and moaning that they are forcing you to take this skill.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #28 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:10am
Print Post  
I wish they’d just drop the whole Skills thing and make the Spell Power bonuses based on caster level.  (Preferably 2*CL Universal Spell power.)  That would actually give arcane classes a reason to stay in the arcane sphere rather than just make Shiradi casters.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:11am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #29 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:02am:

I am probably going to get told to go DIAF but these are options to make your character. NOT REQUIRED! So for max build yes you should have these but they are not set in stone requirements. Does everyone here not understand the word CHOICE? You chose to take or not take it. If you take it you get the benefit of it but also the cost of not being able to take something else. I hear so many people saying the game is becoming more cookie cutter but when they put in something you have to make a choice to take we hear bitching and moaning that they are forcing you to take this skill.

Next thing you know you'll want them remove toughness enhancements, since toughness is a mandatory feat as it is now.

Oh wait.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:15am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:14am:
Next thing you know you'll want them remove toughness enhancements, since toughness is a mandatory feat as it is now.

I see what you did there <.<

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:19am
Print Post  

It's not a choice when the other options of getting spell power are removed.

Rangers for example no longer get devotion enhancements, Heal skill is the only option.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:23am
Print Post  
don't forget pallies, they don't even have their spellpoint enhancements anymore

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:23am
Print Post  

If you had built any toons on Lamannia, you wouldn't have posted this.

Fuck you for being lazy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #34 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:57am:
LIAFF, fanboi

I've played long enough to have watched the pendulum swing wildly back and forth in failed attempts to provide some mythical and unattainable "balance"*. I've experienced nerfs, have seen core mechanic changes, and watched devs pet projects get hated by the players**, yet linger on like zombies, unloved, but existing.

Instead of just the normal damage to enhancements (resettable with plat), feats (resettable with lots of plat and dragonshards), DDO-NGE will finally allow the devs to break skill points. In doing so, they will eliminate classes that have fewer skill points available - clerics and sorcs. Better stock up on those lesser hearts during the next sale, for when the pendulum inevitably swings the other way. Changing a system so that only a TR or LR can fix a build is the stupidest game mechanic change I have yet seen in DDO. This game is already difficult enough for newbies, why make it harder, and make early mistakes expensive to fix - or more realistically, make it costly to fix a character when the devs go and break stuff.

Imagine if melee got a new skill - melee alacrity. Every skill point to this new skill would mean 0.5% more attack speed. That would pretty much be a big cup of "Fuck you" to every barb or paladin in the game, wouldn't it? Rogues, rangers, and monks could make it work, but barbs and pallies would pretty much be screwed. Say goodbye to intiminate or UMD, suckers. It would kill classes that are feat-poor, skill-point-poor, and especially the heavily MAD classes, like pallies.

I see the new spellcraft (and changes to heal and repair) as doing the exact same thing to casters as I proposed in the above paragraph for melee. Unless you're a wizard, arty, or a druid, you don't have skill points to play with to be able to add two near-mandatory skills that have never been relevant in DDO since the game was started.

So seriously, Asheras, gfy. I TR'd both of my cleric mains out of the class because I saw the hjealbot writing on the wall over a year ago.  I had hoped that one day I'd be able to return to the class I loved to play, but I don't see it happening.

On the plus side, since the first enhancement preview, I started and finished a Coursera course, spent more time with the family, and got a ton of work done around the house and yard. Being mostly driven away is not all bad, but the game is still being killed for me, which makes me sad.

*  one cleric-specific example would be the switch to the aura from level 6 to 12 an update or two after RadServ was released. Every other class could point to things, from Crit Rage to Tempest. Oh, and who can forget how spellpower was already nerfed for divines compared to other casters, so that it doesn't have as much of an effect?

** let's make loot "random"!!!! When was the last time you saw Cormyrian anything on the auction house? And how about that challenge XP nerf - they sure get run a lot now, don't they? And those BtC ingredients in Eveningstar? Still wildly popular, right?

I can feel your hatred.  Give in to your anger. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:50am:
I hardly think anyone trash-talking on a D&D video game belongs in the same room with "cool."

Lol.  Good point.  Smiley

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #36 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:23am:
If you had built any toons on Lamannia, you wouldn't have posted this.

Fuck you for being lazy.

Maybe I don't go on Lamannia because of I use my time to play on live and play for the fun of the game and can adapt to changes.

Those who are most butthurt about the changes seem to be the uber power game crowd. So maybe Maj was right when he said 99% of the people like the enhancement pass. Cause those are the non power gamers who don't need to tweak every ounce of ability x, y, or z out of a every character.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #37 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:42am:
Those who are most butthurt about the changes seem to be the uber power game crowd.

It's because the "ubber-power-gamer" crowd understands the game mechanics best.  They can see what's broken before the common mooks catch on.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #38 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:51am:
It's because the "ubber-power-gamer" crowd understands the game mechanics best.  They can see what's feather_of_sun'ed before the common mooks catch on.

But the common mooks will adjust easier, including me.

They want to tweak the enhancements to make it easier to maintain and add on in the future so they are going to do this change.

Hello it's evasion in full plate or the changes to enhancements that were done through the years before all over again...

Adapt to the change or go play another game.

I've been here for the 7 years so far of DDO and no major change hasn't affected me but I've adapted and still play the game, for fun.

So healing or spellcasting is going to be a little tougher. Haven't we seen this power shift before? Come on people this is the shift to help melee feel useful again. In a few updates the pendulum will swing again.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #39 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:03am:
So healing or spellcasting is going to be a little tougher. Haven't we seen this power shift before? Come on people this is the shift to help melee feel useful again. In a few updates the pendulum will swing again.

Melee dominates now.  The rest of your statement is invalid.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #40 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:22am
Print Post  
make it easier to maintain and add on in the future

Good one.

Once this crop of devs get shit canned, these projects will fall off the radar just like the other abandoned systems.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #41 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:26am
Print Post  
It is kinda true though . ..  the modular nature of the system does make it easier to plug stuff in later.

As much as I rip on it's fault I believe fundamentally it's a good system, it just needs some tweaks and it good be a great system.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #42 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:29am
Print Post  
How long have we been without full PrEs? How many ToD sets are for PrEs that don't even exist? How long have we had only 2 tiers of certain PrEs? Only 1 tier, in certain classes (artificer, I'm looking at you). Long enough that I don't hold out any hope they ever do more than release whatever horrible bullshit system they've got and then just let it rot.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Come on people this is the shift to help melee feel useful again.

For someone who claims to have played for seven years, you sure don't pay attention to game changes.  Melee have dominated the game since MOTU, and casters have continued to take it up the ass since then:

• Crit chance nerfed
  • Crit damage multipliers nerfed
  • Spellpower nerfed
  • DC casting is a myth in EE content
  • Wail nerfed
  • Sorcerers have a single tree; Protector tree blows for Cleric/FvS; Bards get Wail, LOLOLOLOL.

Better plan for being self-healing on your melee because healers have no reason to play anymore.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #44 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:42am:
Maybe I don't go on Lamannia because IT DOES NO GOOD

Those who are most butthurt about the changes seem to be the uber power game crowd. So maybe Maj was right when he said 99% of the people like the enhancement pass. Cause those are the non power gamers who don't need to tweak every ounce of ability x, y, or z out of a every character.

ftfy.

Completely agree as well, as a player that plays solo 97% of the time, I don't care what they do if it makes fixing things down the road easier, it doesn't get released in a non functioning state, it doesn't get released 1/2 to 3/4 finished, and I don't have to wait until level 20 to decide on my PRE so I don't have to waste time every fucking level to go plan shit.

Frankly, when/if I play the game, i just want to spend time playing the game, not figuring out how to spend my AP's clicking link after link minimizing the game going back to the wiki, go back to game spend a few more, back to wiki etc. until they are spent to get my PRE.

Another thing they need to fucking get done is bank space, that is for me by far and above the most bullshit motherfucking waste of time when I do actually play, and I hate it and it causes me to log off for days most of the time because I have to sit there for.fucking.ever trying to find 1 item in my TR cache.

Back on subject, they just better get it right and functional the first time though, there are a ton of people that barely/don't play at all right now that are sick and fucking tired of fucked up shit each.and.every.update.

Even if they have to push back release a couple weeks, I would rather than and see some actual proof of things changing than to see more fucking shit that doesn't work as advertised, is not finished, or makes the time in the game spent NOT playing the game worse.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #45 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:47am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:29am:
How long have we been without full PrEs? How many ToD sets are for PrEs that don't even exist? How long have we had only 2 tiers of certain PrEs? Only 1 tier, in certain classes (artificer, I'm looking at you). Long enough that I don't hold out any hope they ever do more than release whatever horrible bullshit system they've got and then just let it rot.

I'm probably being too optimistic, but now at least the framework exists to add more stuff more easily that it was before.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #46 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:47am:
I'm probably being too optimistic, but now at least the framework exists to add more stuff more easily that it was before.

Allegedly more easily. Mushrooms are doors and all that.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #47 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:39am:
For someone who claims to have played for seven years, you sure don't pay attention to game changes.  Melee have dominated the game since MOTU, and casters have continued to take it up the ass since then:

• Crit chance nerfed
  • Crit damage multipliers nerfed
  • Spellpower nerfed
  • DC casting is a myth in EE content
  • Wail nerfed
  • Sorcerers have a single tree; Protector tree blows for Cleric/FvS; Bards get Wail, LOLOLOLOL.

Better plan for being self-healing on your melee because healers have no reason to play anymore.

Funny cause most of my post MOTU runs have been with my Clerics or my Melee and I don't hear the casters I run with complaining about being ineffective. They may have changed strategies but they still feel like they can contribute. I'd know firsthand on casters if my two casters didn't get caught mid TR went MOTU came out and I don't have the urge to beg people to run them to cap with me. I'd rather play what fits with the people I feel like running with. I guess that's the benefit of being an altiholic.

I will admit I don't run much EE content because I am not in with the cool crowd on Khyber since I don't go out of my way to get known in game. I enjoy what I do and do what I enjoy. I may not have the greatest gear/build but I will do my best to help the party get the job done.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #48 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:20pm:
I will admit I don't run much EE content b

All of your opinions are invalid.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #49 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
And I'm not saying that to be a dick, but if you're not running most of your stuff on EE you're not really seeing what works and what doesn't.

Carpone's right, melee dominates and has for a long time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint