Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So MajorMal - regarding ENH pass . . . (Read 16876 times)
Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Re: So MajorMal - regarding ENH pass . . .
Reply #50 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Since my opinions are invalid "because I don't run EE often".

I guess I should quit DDO and move over to some other shitty game that is not fun for me when DDO is fun for me? And people wonder why DDO loses players?

I am not saying I'd quit over what you said here but maybe people should look at the current state of the game.

1) do you see LFMs for EE on your server?
2) do the channels that run EE content on your server run other difficulties to get people who could possibly run EE with them and would fit in with the people in the channel?

I will say on Khyber the answer to those 2 questions right now is emphatically NO and that is even with me being in a large guild on Khyber that is respected.

And before you say well put an LFM up and lead it yourself. I know EE is not EH and I won't lead people into something I haven't had a good amount (read 3-5 runs) first hand experience doing. When I had more time to play the game sure I'd trail blaze and waste 3 hours learning and maybe not even complete the quest. Now not so much.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:17pm by Flint »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #51 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:20pm:
I will admit I don't run much EE content because I am not in with the cool crowd on Khyber since I don't go out of my way to get known in game.

FranOhmsford's and Snootch's gay baby would probably beat every EH quest on con dumped dex rogue with those stupid  heroic green poison daggers.
Discussing builds or balance for EH is retarded.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #52 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:02am:
Why are people acting like it's a must have of Spellcraft/Repair/Heal/Perform?

If you want to run EE or have a manageable level of stress when running EH as a Cleric/Bard/Paladin/Ranger/FvS/Sorc that does more than being a buffbot, a hjealbot and/or a MM spammer. They are basically as mandatory as as many HP as possible.

More Spellpower for Paladin, Ranger, FvS, Cleric and Bard = more Devotion = More HP healed
More Spellpower for Sorcerors and Bard = more damage to spells.

Try it with you cleric : take your cleric, remove every item, check the devotion spellpower, cast a Cure or Heal see how much HP you heal, pick up that nice +120 devotion item, and all the +WIS items and do it again... then see how much HP you heal... You'll understand why more Spellwpoer is good.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #53 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:17pm:

I guess I should quit DDO and move over to some other shitty game that is not fun for me when DDO is fun for me? And people wonder why DDO loses players?

I am not saying I'd quit over what you said here but maybe people should look at the current state of the game. .

Not saying that and honestly I’m not trying to be hostile. 

But if you don’t play EEs as your “thing” you will not understand how feather_of_sun'ed many styles get in end-game and that our original point of melees dominating is the truth.

2) do the channels that run EE content on your server run other difficulties to get people who could possibly run EE with them and would fit in with the people in the channel? .

1.       Yes.  G-land LFMs for EE are up all the time.  Not as often as I like, but as and example I pugged the whole EE Highroad chain and EE TOR last night.  Just be ready to BYO heals, nobody waits for healers anymore.
2.      No idea, I only use my channel. 
It’s not the responsibility of other people to get you ready for EEs.  And since the loot on EE is the only thing worth pursuing I don’t run any 6-man quests in non-EE unless I’m looking for fast XP or helping friends (not strangers) who aren’t ready for EE yet.  Besides, running EH does NOTHING to prepare you for EE anyway.

I will say on Khyber the answer to those 2 questions right now is emphatically NO and that is even with me being in a large guild on Khyber that is respected. .

WTF do you want me to say?  Move to a different server.

And before you say well put an LFM up and lead it yourself. I know EE is not EH and I won't lead people into something I haven't had a good amount (read 3-5 runs) first hand experience doing. When I had more time to play the game sure I'd trail blaze and waste 3 hours learning and maybe not even complete the quest. Now not so much.

Not all EEs are created equal. 

The VONs/FENs and the King’s Forest chains are significantly easier than the level 24 EEs.  Start with those and work your way up.  EH will do nothing to get you prepared, they exist for people to get XP in off-destinies and that’s about it.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #54 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
What anyone doesn't get is my point has always been....

Turbine fucks us with changes like these and every time within 3 months it's not a worry anymore.

Tempest nerf
Evasion in full plate nerf
Wail nerf
Change of Radiant Servant aura and burst

Flav wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:27pm:
Try it with you cleric : take your cleric, remove every item, check the devotion spellpower, cast a Cure or Heal see how much HP you heal, pick up that nice +120 devotion item, and all the +WIS items and do it again... then see how much HP you heal... You'll understand why more Spellwpoer is good.

My current TR shows this with her blade barriers.

But guess what. if the changes happen and they will happen, your choice is to put your big boy pants on and adapt like we have for 7 fucking years.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #55 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:38pm
Print Post  

You are entitled to your opinion, but in the specific case of spellpower, the important part is being able to meet Epic Elite content difficulties.

If you don't intend to run at this difficulty level your statement is true : you don't need that last bit of spellpower.

Absolutely not... in My Guild on G-land we have people like me that can cope with EE ( badly ) from time to time ( with a careful selection of the quest ), we have casual players that have absolutely no intention of even coming near Epic Hard difficulty, we have extreme TR-ers that consider Epic Elite as the normal difficulty...
( hell, I'm part of a 7 year old static group... Our characters are 28 fucking pointers, they are gimps you wouldn't want [ less than 200HP for the wizard at LVL 19 ], I'm never going to consider anything other than normal with that character, and I'm having a blast playing her... but I'm also having fun playing Epic Elite Raids )

2) do the channels that run EE content on your server run other difficulties to get people who could possibly run EE with them and would fit in with the people in the channel?

1) rarely
2) Yes.

Point of fact : The channels I'm in are the Channels created when the Former Europeans were dumped on G-Land... European Community was really close knit, everybody on a server knowing everybody else and so on, they know what to expect out of me, and I know what to expect out of them. It clears quite a few potential problems... ( for example they won't ask me to run an EE CiTW, they know I'd be useless and I would spend my time whining )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #56 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:47am:
I'm probably being too optimistic, but now at least the framework exists to add more stuff more easily that it was before.

Given Turbine's history regarding things that were left unfinished, I'd say yeah...you are being too optimistic.

Just because a certain framework exists doesn't mean that it will actually be utilized. As is Turbine's habit, once it's live it will probably undergo one or two revisions before it is completely abandoned for the next big thing.

Considering their history, there is zero reason to trust Turbine to actually finish something, let alone polish it and make it relatively bug-free.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:43pm by LafoMamone »  

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #57 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:32pm:
Not saying that and honestly I’m not trying to be hostile. 

But if you don’t play EEs as your “thing” you will not understand how feather_of_sun'ed many styles get in end-game and that our original point of melees dominating is the truth.

It's not my thing to not play EE. I'd love to do it.

1.       Yes.  G-land LFMs for EE are up all the time.  Not as often as I like, but as and example I pugged the whole EE Highroad chain and EE TOR last night.  Just be ready to BYO heals, nobody waits for healers anymore.
2.      No idea, I only use my channel. 
It’s not the responsibility of other people to get you ready for EEs.  And since the loot on EE is the only thing worth pursuing I don’t run any 6-man quests in non-EE unless I’m looking for fast XP or helping friends (not strangers) who aren’t ready for EE yet.  Besides, running EH does NOTHING to prepare you for EE anyway.

WTF do you want me to say?  Move to a different server.

You want to pay to move 3 accounts full of characters to another server... I don't thinks so. Not an option.

Not all EEs are created equal. 

The VONs/FENs and the King’s Forest chains are significantly easier than the level 24 EEs.  Start with those and work your way up.  EH will do nothing to get you prepared, they exist for people to get XP in off-destinies and that’s about it.

I've done EE Fens/VoN/Sentinels. Nothing there I want really other than an eSoS for my barb and you know what my chances of getting that are. When people say EE now I think GH and Eveningstar.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #58 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
Given Turbine's history regarding things that were left unfinished, I'd say yeah...you are being too optimistic.

Just because a certain framework exists doesn't mean that it will actually be utilized. As is Turbine's habit, once it's live it will probably undergo one or two revisions before it is completely abandoned for the next big thing.

Considering their history, there is zero reason to trust Turbine to actually finish something, let alone polish it and make it relatively bug-free.

Half the fun of DDO is taking advantage of the bugs, I sure as shit hope this isn't bug-free.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #59 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 2:04pm:
Half the fun of DDO is taking advantage of the bugs, I sure as shit hope this isn't bug-free.

Sadly, only a few are beneficial to players, and they are hotfixed as soon as they are discovered.

The detrimental ones take months to fix...if we're lucky. A lot of them don't get fixed at all.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #60 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Being on the same server with Flint, I have to disagree.  There are EE High Road, EE GH, and EE MoTU LFM's up with regularity.  Not a ton, but people are pugging them.  Channels are more common though. 

Being in the same guild with Flint on several toons, I'd agree that Loreseekers doesn't run much EE stuff these days.

Most people are TR'ing and/or leveling destines.  EE is for loot.  Personally, I don't run much EE right now because there's not much loot I need.  The only loot I need comes from CiTW, FoT, or Von6 (SoS shard, damn you!).

But the runs are there if you want them.

Either way, Flint has a point about change.  It's going to happen.  It's going to invalidate some builds and create some new ones.  Not a ton of Exploiters anymore for that reason.  Or Bowbarians.  Or Monsters.  But there are Juggs and Monkchers. 

I agree with all the comments that lead to fewer design choices.  Points spent in tree, only having 3 trees (this got changed), not having options that exist today, core class things being hidden deep in trees, point costs being out of whack, dependencies that waste points.  These all limit design choices. 

Bitching about changes to spell power or HP or any anything like that is less valid.  These things always change over time.  I'm OK with those kinds of changes.  But they need to get the system right or the build options will become limited.   
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:00pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #61 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
EE Loot  =  Free Turbine points and expansion codes.

And honestly after a while it's the only difficulty that's any fun.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:25pm:
And I'm not saying that to be a dick, but if you're not running most of your stuff on EE you're not really seeing what works and what doesn't.

Its so fucking sad that turbine has been listening to folks that have ZERO firsthand knowledge of the game mechanics they are promoting or defending.

At least turbine is amusing me with their slow roll NGE.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #63 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:35pm
Print Post  

I am not saying I'd quit over what you said here but maybe people should look at the current state of the game.

snip

What we are saying is they are dumbing down the game for people that can't be bothered to learn the mechanics or for people that feel it's too hard to figure out what to do with their AP each level, as another poster here so eloquently pointed out lol.

The state of khybers EE lfm or lack thereof doesn't really have anything to do with the enhancements.

Do you seriously think this will make people run shit more on EE in the lfm lmao?

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #64 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:37pm:
But guess what. if the changes happen and they will happen, your choice is to put your big boy pants on and adapt like we have for 7 fucking years.

This is certainly true, and I am certain that folks will play with what they have the best they can, but they still can voice their displeasure.  Sure, because there seems to be not too much direct response to such from Turbine it can sound like whining,  but I prefer to look at it as voicing displeasure in the hopes that some changes may come.  As for me, I actually look forward to the Cleric "nerf" as it will finally make me have to work again on my cleric instead of zoning out like a zombie pushing the same buttons over and over again without fear of failure.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #65 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:49pm:
This is certainly true, and I am certain that folks will play with what they have the best they can, but they still can voice their displeasure.  Sure, because there seems to be not too much direct response to such from Turbine it can sound like whining,  but I prefer to look at it as voicing displeasure in the hopes that some changes may come.  As for me, I actually look forward to the Cleric "nerf" as it will finally make me have to work again on my cleric instead of zoning out like a zombie pushing the same buttons over and over again without fear of failure.

They are dead set on adding the Skills to affect spell power or else why the hell would they have not scrapped it yet. So we will have to adapt to it. Whining again is just beating a dead horse by now.

Silky wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:35pm:
The state of khybers EE lfm or lack thereof doesn't really have anything to do with the enhancements.Do you seriously think this will make people run shit more on EE in the lfm lmao?

Reading fail on your part. The EE comments were made because some people thing only those who run EE consistently are allowed a valid opinion. Fuck that shit I pay for 3 VIP accounts I have the right to speak my mind also.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #66 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:23am:
Fuck that shit I pay for 3 VIP accounts I have the right to speak my mind also.

I don't pay jack shit yet I still have the right to speak my mind same as you.

Is your mind blown yet?

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #67 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Ok since I was said to be of a invalid opinion I went back and rethought this system a bit last night instead of playing.

I'd probably tweak the system with skill points affecting spell power but I would not say it's stupid. If they made it so a reasonable amount of the skill evened out for the loss of gaining spell power via AP (that is being caused by the enhancement pass) would you all admit it's a good option? Not sure yet where that sweet spot of skill should fall. But there should be a penalty in this for dump stating a primary or secondary stat for the appropriate class. I'm looking at dumping Wisdom here mainly on those who want to make a self healing Ranger or Paladin. You get your spell points from wisdom so I'd say if you want a viable self healing build along with being able to buff yourself and maybe some party members, you really shouldn't be dumping wisdom or you would have to fight to get a decent spell point pool anyway.

You can slot items to boost the skill even further. I see this as giving us more options as long as the skill point bonus stacks with items with spell power items and spell power enhancements (where available). And yes if they see that the results of the removal of some enhancements affected game play too much they can add some back in at a later date since from what they are saying the system is flexible enough to do it.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #68 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:41am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 8:28am:
I don't pay jack shit yet I still have the right to speak my mind same as you.

Is your mind blown yet?

Nope my mind isn't blown. You can speak on your view also for the changes. But really why should those who run EE have the only valid opinions?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #69 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:35am:
Ok since I was said to be of a invalid opinion I went back and rethought this system a bit last night instead of playing.

I'd probably tweak the system with skill points affecting spell power but I would not say it's stupid. If they made it so a reasonable amount of the skill evened out for the loss of gaining spell power via AP (that is being caused by the enhancement pass) would you all admit it's a good option? Not sure yet where that sweet spot of skill should fall. But there should be a penalty in this for dump stating a primary or secondary stat for the appropriate class. I'm looking at dumping Wisdom here mainly on those who want to make a self healing Ranger or Paladin. You get your spell points from wisdom so I'd say if you want a viable self healing build along with being able to buff yourself and maybe some party members, you really shouldn't be dumping wisdom or you would have to fight to get a decent spell point pool anyway.

You can slot items to boost the skill even further. I see this as giving us more options as long as the skill point bonus stacks with items with spell power items and spell power enhancements (where available). And yes if they see that the results of the removal of some enhancements affected game play too much they can add some back in at a later date since from what they are saying the system is flexible enough to do it.

Valid or not, your opinion is retarded.

Seriously, stop posting.  You look dumber with each key-stroke.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #70 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:41am:
But really why should those who run EE have the only valid opinions?

Because anything below that is so easy it really doesn't matter.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #71 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:22am:
Valid or not, your opinion is retarded.

Seriously, stop posting.  You look dumber with each key-stroke.

Seriously you can't see where if they find a skill score where the normal build say 12 or 14 base + an stat item would bonus to casting the AP you would have spent prior to the enhancement pass it's not a fucking loss it's a win? If you can't then your the one who is retarded. Hell that idea even scales with level like the old AP system did.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #72 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:33am:
Seriously you can't see where if they find a skill score where the normal build say 12 or 14 base + an stat item would bonus to casting the AP you would have spent prior to the enhancement pass it's not a fucking loss it's a win? If you can't then your the one who is retarded. Hell that idea even scales with level like the old AP system did.

It's a loss because your spell power is still lower.

It's a loss because you need to slot in yet one more piece of gear.

2+2=4 you fucking retard.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #73 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:23am:
Because anything below that is so easy it really doesn't matter.

Let's be honest.  It doesn't really matter in EE, either.  A decent 6 man group can complete EE content without having to do any serious meta-gaming or having min-maxed toons.  The only place this kind of stuff really matters(and by matters I mean has an impact on the likelyhood of a completion or a measurable impact on the time to complete or resources used to complete) is in soloing EE content, soloing raids, or doing other "outside the box" kind of things. 

I run EE's on my Wiz and FvS.  Sure you have to change strategies slightly, but it's not that hard.  I don't see anything in this enhancement pass that would make me afraid to run EE content.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #74 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:42am:
Let's be honest.  It doesn't really matter in EE, either.  A decent 6 man group can complete EE content without having to do any serious meta-gaming or having min-maxed toons.  The only place this kind of stuff really matters(and by matters I mean has an impact on the likelyhood of a completion or a measurable impact on the time to complete or resources used to complete) is in soloing EE content, soloing raids, or doing other "outside the box" kind of things. 

I run EE's on my Wiz and FvS.  Sure you have to change strategies slightly, but it's not that hard.  I don't see anything in this enhancement pass that would make me afraid to run EE content. 

EE is the same as competing in the special Olympics, even if you "win" it's still retarded. 

The numbers are so ridiculous it bends game-mechanics to the point of it breaking.

What the most retarded thing about EE is the reliance of abilites with no saving throw.  Mobs saves are so high there's little point is building on anything that has a save.  Shiradi and Fury rule there because of the no-save means of incapacitating targets.

But EH and lower on the other hand is so easy that ANYTHING works.  It's broken in the opposite direction.

You need to balance a game for the high-end of play, balancing for anything else never works.  People who make judgement calls based on how something works in heroic or EH just aren't as informed as those who play a lot of EE because we see a bigger part of the game, therefore their opinions shouldn't matter as much.

What gets me with this . . . and I think Majormal said somehting similar a week or two ago . . . is Turbine needlessly fucks with game mechanics when they don't have to.  Turbine should do what they do best and release content, sure their raids have suck since Chronoscope but the quests they release are excellent.  Just stop fixing what ain't broken and give us a bigger sandbox to play in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint