Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So MajorMal - regarding ENH pass . . . (Read 16889 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

So MajorMal - regarding ENH pass . . .
Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
When are we gonna see the next revision on Lamania?

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Re: So MajorMal - regarding ENH pass . . .
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
I thought what you were seeing now was it. Smiley

MAGA!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 12:40am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:50pm:
I thought what you were seeing now was it. Smiley

LOL . . . I sure as hell hope not.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 12:40am:
LOL . . . I sure as hell hope not.

Given the statement made about 99% likely to show up in the xpac, I'd agree that this is probably it.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Rangers need Positive Spellpower enhancements, or an autogrant as part of the first core enhancement.  Same thing with KotC Paladins, and Artificers with Repair Spellpower.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 7:17am:
... or an autogrant as part of the first core enhancement. ...and Artificers with Repair Spellpower.

That would be nice.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:18am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:03am
Print Post  
One of the devs (or an imposter, won't name them so their reputation isn't tarnished from talking to me) said we'd see one more revision in late July. 

Just looking for some confirmation.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
There will be dev talk at the end of the week about enhancements. I don't want to steal the thunder.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 8:11pm:
I don't want to steal the thunder.

Thunder is not the sound I would associate with the enhancements pass. Ripping and tearing of your playerbase's anal tissues from insertion of a large jagged object should be almost silent, other than the screaming. Oh, and Vargouille's whispered suggestions to "just relax and enjoy it, tough choices are good".

Unless spellcraft, heal, and repair die a quick death, you're just delivering DDO-NGE, and you know it.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
There will be dev talk at the end of the week about enhancements. I don't want to steal the thunder.

That thunder you hear,  it's not thunder.  It's the waterfall you're about to sail the ship off of.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:55pm
Print Post  

Thank you, it is much appreciated.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:40pm:
Thunder is not the sound I would associate with the enhancements pass. Ripping and tearing of your playerbase's anal tissues from insertion of a large jagged object should be almost silent, other than the screaming. Oh, and Vargouille's whispered suggestions to "just relax and enjoy it, tough choices are good".

Unless spellcraft, heal, and repair die a quick death, you're just delivering DDO-NGE, and you know it.

As much as I enjoy the vivid description of a good ass-raping . . . I think you might be laying it on a bit thick.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:56pm:
As much as I enjoy the vivid description of a good ass-raping . . . I think you might be laying it on a bit thick.

Look left. Under your name. Lower down. Lower.

See it? "I Love Drama". Yeah.

Now, look up at the address bar on your browser. Does it still say http://www.ddovault.com ? If so, go kick yourself in the ass and save me the trouble.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #13 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
I'm on a horse.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 10:36pm:
I'm on a horse.

Ride 'em, cowboy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #15 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  

Thanks for the update.  Ignore jackasses who just want to talk trash to look cool.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:09pm
Print Post  

Appreciated.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #17 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 10:36pm:
I'm on a horse.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #18 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:06pm:
Thanks for the update.  Ignore jackasses who just want to talk trash to look cool.

I hardly think anyone trash-talking on a D&D video game belongs in the same room with "cool."

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:06pm:

LIAFF, fanboi

I've played long enough to have watched the pendulum swing wildly back and forth in failed attempts to provide some mythical and unattainable "balance"*. I've experienced nerfs, have seen core mechanic changes, and watched devs pet projects get hated by the players**, yet linger on like zombies, unloved, but existing.

Instead of just the normal damage to enhancements (resettable with plat), feats (resettable with lots of plat and dragonshards), DDO-NGE will finally allow the devs to break skill points. In doing so, they will eliminate classes that have fewer skill points available - clerics and sorcs. Better stock up on those lesser hearts during the next sale, for when the pendulum inevitably swings the other way. Changing a system so that only a TR or LR can fix a build is the stupidest game mechanic change I have yet seen in DDO. This game is already difficult enough for newbies, why make it harder, and make early mistakes expensive to fix - or more realistically, make it costly to fix a character when the devs go and break stuff.

Imagine if melee got a new skill - melee alacrity. Every skill point to this new skill would mean 0.5% more attack speed. That would pretty much be a big cup of "Fuck you" to every barb or paladin in the game, wouldn't it? Rogues, rangers, and monks could make it work, but barbs and pallies would pretty much be screwed. Say goodbye to intiminate or UMD, suckers. It would kill classes that are feat-poor, skill-point-poor, and especially the heavily MAD classes, like pallies.

I see the new spellcraft (and changes to heal and repair) as doing the exact same thing to casters as I proposed in the above paragraph for melee. Unless you're a wizard, arty, or a druid, you don't have skill points to play with to be able to add two near-mandatory skills that have never been relevant in DDO since the game was started.

So seriously, Asheras, gfy. I TR'd both of my cleric mains out of the class because I saw the hjealbot writing on the wall over a year ago.  I had hoped that one day I'd be able to return to the class I loved to play, but I don't see it happening.

On the plus side, since the first enhancement preview, I started and finished a Coursera course, spent more time with the family, and got a ton of work done around the house and yard. Being mostly driven away is not all bad, but the game is still being killed for me, which makes me sad.

*  one cleric-specific example would be the switch to the aura from level 6 to 12 an update or two after RadServ was released. Every other class could point to things, from Crit Rage to Tempest. Oh, and who can forget how spellpower was already nerfed for divines compared to other casters, so that it doesn't have as much of an effect?

** let's make loot "random"!!!! When was the last time you saw Cormyrian anything on the auction house? And how about that challenge XP nerf - they sure get run a lot now, don't they? And those BtC ingredients in Eveningstar? Still wildly popular, right?
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:05am by Kimberlite »  

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:03am
Print Post  
hit markandquote instead of edit. double-post removed
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:06am by Kimberlite »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #21 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 1:57am
Print Post  
probably won't see cormyrian stuff on the AH because they're bound to character. Handwraps were the exception for a while, but I believe they fixed that.

But I do agree that random challenge shit has got to go. Especially because the costs are so high and the ingreds btc.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #22 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 2:24am
Print Post  

Thanks for the update.

The big Problems right now you have left with that monster are :

- some trees like the Abortion erm Protection Tree that just need to go
- some trees that are just plainly too weak compared to others or lacking base enhancements from the class
- The Points Spent in Tree stupidity
- The Spellcraft Skill idiotic idea.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #23 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:57am:
two near-mandatory skills that have never been relevant in DDO since the game was started.

Heal and Repair were relevant...for a few month at start, as there was no heal scroll, nobody had lots of plat, and it was cheaper to refill by resting at the nearest shrine, where Heal and Repair enhanced the Hit Point Recovery. Many early Clerics had a maxed Heal and many early wiz/sorcs had a maxed Repair as they were in charge of Tin Can Healing... by the time the cap was raised to 12 it became irrelevant though.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 7:13am
Print Post  

Glad to hear it.

I hope Turbine doesn't pussy out and pull the enhancement system from U19.  We've waited more than a year for it.  Ship or get off the pot. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint