Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Spot question (Read 1506 times)
HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Spot question
Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
I was planning on LRing my Ranger by about level 10 so before then thought I would have some fun with maximizing my Spot.

At level 9 now I can get up to 39 Spot yet I still cant detect traps in level 7 dungeons on Elite (so level 9).

Exactly how high do I need my Spot to be before I can detect traps at this level?

At level 8 I was around 33 or 34 and this wasnt enough. At level 7 it was around 31 or 32. No success there either.

I had a look at the wiki but it seems to be more oriented around Search requirements rather than Spot - probably because most people dont bother with it.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Spot question
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
you might need trap skills to spot traps with a DC higher than 20. Or something like that. Maybe it was search that applied to, I don't honestly remember.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
You do need trapfinding to spot traps with a DC above 20.  It's even in the description for the spot skill when you hover your cursor over it.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Interesting. Will have to take a look. Not sure Ive ever hovered over the Spot skill before.

I knew about Search and high level traps. The wiki makes no mention of needing trapfinding. Only Search does.

Also, when I spoke to a Guildie about it he said he is able to detect traps in GH with his Barbarian who has no trapfinding skills. Maybe this only works when he runs them on Normal and they are under 20.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Knowing Turdbine and their lazy coding, I bet they got something mixed up between Trap Sense (which barbs get) and Trapfinding (which of course they don't)...

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Real Barbs spot them with their face.   Your friend is doing it wrong =P

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 3:39am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:34pm:
Also, when I spoke to a Guildie about it he said he is able to detect traps in GH with his Barbarian who has no trapfinding skills.

He was refering to Barb's skill called Facetrapping. Once you master it you can get the whole party killed in a single trap while leaving yourself alive.

The sound of *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* and people raging over mic is hilarious.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah we had some of that last night. Everyone deciding to run through force traps in one of the Sorrowdusk quests. They seemed to line up like lemmings.

Funnily enough it was the Barb who lived simply because he had the most hit points.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:15am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jul 11th, 2013 at 6:31pm:
Yeah we had some of that last night. Everyone deciding to run through force traps in one of the Sorrowdusk quests. They seemed to line up like lemmings.

Funnily enough it was the Barb who lived simply because he had the most hit points.

If they were smart, they would use the spacebar.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint