Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) LR+20 Hearts for all! (Read 23147 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

LR+20 Hearts for all!
Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419773-Will-enhancement-pass-include-a...

It's been posted in the Lamannia section, but for wider dissemmination:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...30#post4503430

To support the Enhancement Revamp, every existing Character will get a LR +20 TOKEN upon login.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Re: LR+20 Hearts for all!
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Will these have the added benefit of wiping out that pesky ED XP?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Fucking a. I was being a snarky asshole when I said that's what they should give us. Never thought they actually WOULD. Holy shit.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:23pm:
Fucking a. I was being a snarky asshole when I said that's what they should give us. Never thought they actually WOULD. Holy shit.

This shoots a lot of complaints down completely. 

it wold be nice if it had provisions to change alignment but what we're getting is above satisfactory.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Anyone got a good 32-point halfling monk-build? 

Got Clonk I never play, maybe it's time to do something with him.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Very nice!

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:44pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
'Tis Da Tits FoSho

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
I believe this fits for this thread

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 12:23pm:

At least ça fait passer la pilule.

Now, it won't change much, Cha and Wis based spéellcasters will still be shafted compared to Int based spellcasters...
MajMal hasn't answered how I find 6 to 8 Build points on my Cleric without gimping her, so I suspect I'll have to forget about using Spellcraft and Heal.

Edit : seeing who announced it, I suspect he had to be hit hard by the Manglement Hammer.
Because that clearly wasn't in his mind during the dev chats at the last 'beta' of the NGE pass.

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:38pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:32pm:

I'm not french enough to understand what you posted.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:40pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
NGE pass.

This is DDO not, SWG.  2009 called and they want their joke back.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:56pm
Print Post  

Now, it won't change much, Cha and Wis based spéellcasters will still be shafted compared to Int based spellcasters...
MajMal hasn't answered how I find 6 to 8 Build points on my Cleric without gimping her, so I suspect I'll have to forget about using Spellcraft and Heal.

Edit : seeing who announced it, I suspect he had to be hit hard by the Manglement Hammer.
Because that clearly wasn't in his mind during the dev chats at the last 'beta' of the NGE pass.

On a more serious note, why on earth do you need 6 to 8 more build points?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:56pm:
On a more serious note, why on earth do you need 6 to 8 more build points?

I can see 4 to 6 build points quite easily, and 8 in at least one case. According to DDOWiki, clerics get 2 skill points per level plus int modifier.

I need concentration, and really like to have balance, diplomacy, UMD, and jump, not necessarily in that order. Spot is always nice on a melee build too. I prefer to build clerics with at least 3 skill points, and 4 after a +2 tome at level 7. For 3 skill points on a non-human, you need a starting int of 12 (four build point investment).

Now with DDO-NGE, the devs have removed spellpower from enhancements where they have been many years and added two new skills in their place - Spellpower and The New Heal. The New Heal is kind of like The New Coke, but makes even less sense.

So a cleric's options are to break the existing utility of their build in some way by giving up two existing skills that you found useful enough to be worth devoting build points to a dump stat, or else find two more skill points to maintain the same healing effectiveness you had before DDO-NGE.

Concentration, diplomacy, UMD, jump, balance and spot remain as important and useful as always, but now well-rounded Clerics have a problem.

With a starting int of 12 in an existing build, adding two skill points means needing six build points to get a starting Int of 16. If you start with an Int of 10, you need four more build points for most races. If you are really skill point happy and start with an Int of 13 (+1 tome at level 3, +3 tome at 11), two more skill points would cost you eight build points for most races.

I know that this is difficult to understand for people who only follow the Turbine paths. Perhaps you could ask Shade for some help with math.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Turbine has done this right, and have handled this well. My artificer will be happy to be able to swap his build entirely without TRing Cheesy

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:31pm:
I can see 4 to 6 build points quite easily, and 8 in at least one case. According to DDOWiki, clerics get 2 skill points per level plus int modifier.

I need concentration, and really like to have balance, diplomacy, UMD, and jump, not necessarily in that order. Spot is always nice on a melee build too. I prefer to build clerics with at least 3 skill points, and 4 after a +2 tome at level 7. For 3 skill points on a non-human, you need a starting int of 12 (four build point investment).

Now with DDO-NGE, the devs have removed spellpower from enhancements where they have been many years and added two new skills in their place - Spellpower and The New Heal. The New Heal is kind of like The New Coke, but makes even less sense.

So a cleric's options are to break the existing utility of their build in some way by giving up two existing skills that you found useful enough to be worth devoting build points to a dump stat, or else find two more skill points to maintain the same healing effectiveness you had before DDO-NGE.

Concentration, diplomacy, UMD, jump, balance and spot remain as important and useful as always, but now well-rounded Clerics have a problem.

With a starting int of 12 in an existing build, adding two skill points means needing six build points to get a starting Int of 16. If you start with an Int of 10, you need four more build points for most races. If you are really skill point happy and start with an Int of 13 (+1 tome at level 3, +3 tome at 11), two more skill points would cost you eight build points for most races.

I know that this is difficult to understand for people who only follow the Turbine paths. Perhaps you could ask Shade for some help with math.

Here's an idea.  Maybe you can't always get what you want.  Maybe you have to make choices.  Sorry.  Turbine doesn't need to give clerics enough skill points to have Concentration, balance, Jump, UMD, spot, Diplo, Heal, and Spellcraft.

That's 8 skills.  You are being greedy and entitled.

I want my pally to have WF Slashing, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, IC: Slash, Toughness, Skill Focus: Intim, PL: Fighter, CE, Shield Mastery, and Improved Shield Mastery.  With Bulwark of Defense and Overwhelming Crit as Epic feats.  Can Turbine please tell me where I can get 13 feats on my pure pally? 

What about my Barb?  He needs WF Slashing, PA, Cleave, Great Cleave, 3xTHF, IC Slash, Toughness, Overhelming Crit.  That's 10 feats.  I don't want to make any choices or gimp my build because Turbine has too many options that are beneficial.

My Sorc and FvS have to make some tough choices for spells at level 6.  It's not fair.  Wizards get more slots.  WTF?  Why u gimp my favorite class?  I want all the lootz, all the features.  Or u suck and this is SWG-NGE all over again.  boo-hoo.      
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:53pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:52pm:
That's 8 skills.  You are being greedy and entitled.

I like how your edit changed that from 9 to 8, to try and cover your inability to even count.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 2:55pm:
I like how your edit changed that from 9 to 8, to try and cover your inability to even count.

I like how you try to mask blatant greed and selfishness as design flaws and failures on the part of Turbine.  You are a classic example of someone whose "feedback" is nothing more than a "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee" toddler temper trantrum.

"I can't have everything I want, when I want it.  How I want it. Waaaah!  This game sucks!  Turbine, you ruined it.  By not catering to me like my Mom always did!  Wah!"   

What a crybaby. 

Thinks spot, diplo, and UMD are all mandatory for his cleric. 

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
lol spot

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 3:08pm:
I like how you try to mask blatant greed and selfishness as design flaws and failures on the part of Turbine.  You are a classic example of someone whose "feedback" is nothing more than a "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee" toddler temper trantrum.

"I can't have everything I want, when I want it.  How I want it. Waaaah!  This game sucks!  Turbine, you ruined it.  By not catering to me like my Mom always did!  Wah!"   

What a crybaby. 

Thinks spot, diplo, and UMD are all mandatory for his cleric. 

I like how you try to dismiss people wanting to have characters that play the same they have over the past four years (or more for Flav) as crybabies.

You are a classic example of a fanboi. You blatantly and willfully ignore the fact that whatever someone can do today with a cleric on the live servers will cost 4-8 more build points with DDO-NGE.

In your rush to suck the dicks of MajMal, Vargouille, and the new director, you refuse to see that people like Flav and I are not upset because we are not getting more - we are upset because of what we will have to give up.

Anyways, feel free to carry on with your usual methodology of changing topics, distracting, side-tracking, distorting, and failing to address the real issue.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 3:58pm:
I like how you try to dismiss people wanting to have characters that play the same they have over the past four years (or more for Flav) as crybabies.

You are a classic example of a fanboi. You blatantly and willfully ignore the fact that whatever someone can do today with a cleric on the live servers will cost 4-8 more build points with DDO-NGE.

In your rush to suck the dicks of MajMal, Vargouille, and the new director, you refuse to see that people like Flav and I are not upset because we are not getting more - we are upset because of what we will have to give up.

Anyways, feel free to carry on with your usual methodology of changing topics, distracting, side-tracking, distorting, and failing to address the real issue.

Not at all.  I was very vocal that the Cleric trees sucked, that the Monk trees still suck, that the points spent in tree is bad, that the limitation to 3 trees was too restrictive, that wiping ED XP would be a horrible mess.   That raising the level cap was a poor idea.  That creating more end game content should be the focus.  That restoring value to the old epics should be a focus. 

I recently called the Bigby's box a shit sandwich, without the bread.

I call Turbine out on design, marketing, or pricing choices that are questionable or flat out wrong. 

But I don't degenerate into a Chicken Little, Doooooom!!!,  NGE!!!! crybaby whiner whose on topic point is lost because there's no way to see any point in your posts besides "I'm Kimberlite and I'm a sad, angry little toddler throwing a temper tantrum."

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Here's an idea.  Maybe you can't always get what you want.  Maybe you have to make choices.  Sorry.  Turbine doesn't need to give clerics enough skill points to have Concentration, balance, Jump, UMD, spot, Diplo, Heal, and Spellcraft.

Agreed.

The additional skills into which casters should invest points will certainly add diversity to the game by encouraging us to make new and exciting choices. 

It's clearly unreasonable to expect to be able to invest in the same skills to which we'd become accustomed AND the new skills.

What about my Barb?  He needs WF Slashing, PA, Cleave, Great Cleave, 3xTHF, IC Slash, Toughness, Overhelming Crit.  That's 10 feats.  I don't want to make any choices or gimp my build because Turbine has too many options that are beneficial.

That's a lousy example.  Nobody will need to take Toughness anymore, so it's like they're giving us all an EXTRA feat!

It used to be that you had to choose between Toughness and Stunning Blow, now that tough choice need not be made. 

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 4:22pm:
Agreed.

The additional skills into which casters should invest points will certainly add diversity to the game by encouraging us to make new and exciting choices. 

It's clearly unreasonable to expect to be able to invest in the same skills to which we'd become accustomed AND the new skills.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
It is a design flaw when you add a skill and change another one, then take away an ability, making the new skills a must have to make your character as effective as they previously were.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint