Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) LR+20 Hearts for all! (Read 23178 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Re: LR+20 Hearts for all!
Reply #25 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Good play. Might wait a little to use it and think, but a generous move, and quashes a lot of objections.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 3:08pm:
I like how you try to mask blatant greed and selfishness as design flaws and failures on the part of Turbine.  You are a classic example of someone whose "feedback" is nothing more than a "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee" toddler temper trantrum.

"I can't have everything I want, when I want it.  How I want it. Waaaah!  This game sucks!  Turbine, you ruined it.  By not catering to me like my Mom always did!  Wah!"   

What a crybaby. 

Thinks spot, diplo, and UMD are all mandatory for his cleric. 

Yeah, reading the post you'd think he's playing Sorcs Smiley

Ive never taken UMD on a Divine, nor do I see the need. Maybe there are a few Arcane scrolls I would want to use, but certainly dont need them enough to blow Skill Points on. And if I had spare room for Spot I'd probably go for Haggle instead - just to save time transferring loot to a Haggle bot for selling.

Diplo can be nice, but again I wouldnt bother with it unless I had spare points.

Conc, Bal, Jump are all I bother with. And I can give up Jump and use Pots if needed. So Im sure I will find room for the new spell casting skills.

Or maybe Im doing it all wrong and do need 8 (or 9) skills on my Cleric.

For all the issues with Clerics under the new system, I would never have thought this to be one worth complaining about.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #27 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Hmmm...  Fun way to get a pesky past life out of the way... 

How long until the sell them though...?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:24pm:

by the end of the year. ddo needs high cost pixel purchases since they cant survive nickel/diming such a small playerbase.

I do so love how turbine has marketed and sold products to avoid dealing with their product. shear genius

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #29 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:32pm
Print Post  

Not soon enough.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 3:08pm:
I like how you try to mask blatant greed and selfishness as design flaws and failures on the part of Turbine.  You are a classic example of someone whose "feedback" is nothing more than a "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee" toddler temper trantrum.

"I can't have everything I want, when I want it.  How I want it. Waaaah!  This game sucks!  Turbine, you ruined it.  By not catering to me like my Mom always did!  Wah!"   

What a crybaby. 

Thinks spot, diplo, and UMD are all mandatory for his cleric. 

What a joke.  Turbine fundamentally changes skills and doesn't adjust starting skill points for the classes affected and you jump shit over somebody recognizing it? 

We get it, you are an apologist for Turbine.  It doesn't make you remotely correct.

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It is a design flaw when you add a skill and change another one, then take away an ability, making the new skills a must have to make your character as effective as they previously were.

A reasonable and unemotional non-toddler like response.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #32 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Jalora wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 6:37pm:
What a joke.  Turbine fundamentally changes skills and doesn't adjust starting skill points for the classes affected and you jump shit over somebody recognizing it? 

We get it, you are an apologist for Turbine.  It doesn't make you remotely correct.

So, if they release new feats that are cool, they have to make more feats available so you can take them without dropping anything? 

Entitlement is easy.  Choices are hard.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #33 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 12:48am:
snip

This bullshit statement is getting old, I mean are you fking stupid?  Classes like paladin already have hard choices to make dumbass, saying choices is hard to them is idiotic.

This fking enhacement pass is designed to make things easier, it takes a system we have now that offers enough choices that newbs often gimp themselves when they start playing and limits shit enough so newbs wont be able to gimp themselves so easily.

You right though choices are hard and people are stupid so they are taking the choices away.

Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2013 at 4:31am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #34 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:02am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:39pm:
I'm not french enough to understand what you posted.

Literally : it makes swallowing the pill easier.
Figuratively : It's used in French when something foul tasting ( figuratively ) is sweetened by something ( relatively ) nice.

Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:56pm:
On a more serious note, why on earth do you need 6 to 8 more build points?

The Stats of my main are in the open on the official forum, along with all the enhancements.
( hmm well maybe not right now as it was posted in the Lamania enhancement cleric subforum )

Elven Cleric with a dumped 8 in Int, if I want to have 4 skill points to develop Balance, Concentration, Spellcraft and Heal I need to find 6 Build points. The maths are easy enough that even Shade would understand.

Now if you want to tell me where I can find them, I'm open to discussion. the 18 in Wis is not negotiable, the 13 in Con is also not negotiable, 12/13 in Cha is a must have for decent number of DV/Aura/Turns. First Life 32 Pointer.
Multi TR is NOT an option, you have a Free LR and a +20 LR to do it.
Have Fun and prove me I'm wrong.

Edit : oh and as I'm going in vacation mountaineering, you have until the 20th to find a solution, as I won't be near any net access until then.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:07am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #35 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:02am:
Figuratively : It's used in French when something foul tasting ( figuratively ) is sweetened by something ( relatively ) nice.

The Stats of my main are in the open on the official forum, along with all the enhancements.
( hmm well maybe not right now as it was posted in the Lamania enhancement cleric subforum )

Elven Cleric with a dumped 8 in Int, if I want to have 4 skill points to develop Balance, Concentration, Spellcraft and Heal I need to find 6 Build points. The maths are easy enough that even Shade would understand.

Now if you want to tell me where I can find them, I'm open to discussion. the 18 in Wis is not negotiable, the 13 in Con is also not negotiable, 12/13 in Cha is a must have for decent number of DV/Aura/Turns. First Life 32 Pointer.

Edit : oh and as I'm going in vacation mountaineering, you have until the 20th to find a solution, as I won't be near any net access until then.

With 8 Int, you only get 1 skill point per level.  So  you aren't getting balance and concentration right now.  But it's mandatory that you do in the new setup?  That's bullshit. 

You only need 4 more int to get to 3 skill points and add in the two new skills and you are riight where you were.  Trying to make it sound like you NEED to max all four when currently you can only max 1 of 2 is crap.

Options:

Go Human for 1 extra skill point and do a 10/8/14/10/18/12 build.  That will get you 3 skill points.  And more Con.  The 2 extra dex is a waste on an elf. 

Stay Elf and do 10/10/12/11/18/11 with a +1 INT tome.  Get a +1 skill tome to cover the lost skill point at level 2.  Get a Charisma tome to replace the missing point there. 

Do a single TR.  It's only 3 million XP.  Use a Bigbys stone and it's 1.7 million (less than a 1st lifer).  Use an Ottos and its 700k.  That will get you 1 extra skill point.

Do two TR's for even easier choices.  With an Otto's box the second TR is only 1.1 million xp.  (Not advocating you buy the boxes with RL $$$.  Run EE's for Treads, Visors, Helms, Grasps, Blood, etc and trade those for stones, Skill tomes, TP, etc)

Hearing you say "I want 4 skill points but don't want to TR" sounds very much like "I want the all the cool stuff but I don't want to actually, you know, play the game to get them".  This is where the lazy and entitled perception starts to appear.  You gotta run TR's, grind EE's for gear, grind for skill tomes and Stat tomes or something to improve the build.  There are all kind of options and choices.  But the one where you get everything with no effort in game?  That's where you are getting silly.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:33am
Print Post  

Wouldn't change the game at all.  It's already accomplished with two LR+5 hearts today.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #37 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:02am:

Another option:  Take Quicken and don't advance Concentration.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #38 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  
I used the LR+20 on beta... but the Heart of Wind is no longer a tavern, can't use alignment books. That character is a write-off, I guess.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:34am:
Another option:  Take Quicken and don't advance Concentration. 

Quicken doesn't work on scrolls.

As for the first life elf cleric - 8/10/13/12/18/12 - concentration/heal/spellcraft, with +2 tome at 7 - 6 ranks in balance (so missing 5 balance)
Loosing 1 turn undead and starting with 14 int is also a possibility, then you can up jump or w/e rocks your boat, from level 8.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #40 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:33am:
Wouldn't change the game at all.  It's already accomplished with two LR+5 hearts today.

With a timer, you could do 4...  But imagine 20 Sorc is suddenly 20 Barb.  Instant past life. Not advocating this for sale, just wondering when...

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:38am:
Quicken doesn't work on scrolls.

Relying on Concentration for scroll casting in EE content is an invalid premise.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #42 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:26am:
With 8 Int, you only get 1 skill point per level.  So  you aren't getting balance and concentration right now.  But it's mandatory that you do in the new setup?  That's bullshit. 

It might be bullshit, but that's what I have right now... As I said my stats ( tomes and items separated ) are available. Int8 with a +1 Tome = 0 modifier = 2 Skill Points.

What is mandatory ( or will become mandatory ) is Spellcraft and Heal, that means finding 2 to 4 more skill points ( as it's no use if they are not maxed ), and that means finding 6 ( ok 5 in my case with the tome ) to 8 more build points. 

They will become as mandatory as Toughness is right now.

You only need 4 more int to get to 3 skill points and add in the two new skills and you are riight where you were.  Trying to make it sound like you NEED to max all four when currently you can only max 1 of 2 is crap.

I need more Int for the new fucking skills that weren't considered originally and because unless they are maxed skills are irrelevant.

Get a Charisma tome to replace the missing point there. 

Stats are public, go check them... Already maxed in Cha Tome.
You fucking didn't follow the restrictions :
18 Wis, 13 Con, 12/13 Cha are min, WITHOUT TOMES .
Next you're going to tell me that Hit Points are not important and I shouldn't waste the build points in Con to get Toughness... 700 HP is a nice cushion that goes away really fast in Epic Elite, 550 won't cut it.

Do a single TR.  It's only 3 million XP.  Use a Bigbys stone and it's 1.7 million (less than a 1st lifer).  Use an Ottos and its 700k.  That will get you 1 extra skill point.

I think I said TR is not an option asshole... I don't want to spend 6 fucking month levelling my Main. Because that's what it's going to take me.

Hearing you say "I want 4 skill points but don't want to TR" sounds very much like "I want the all the cool stuff but I don't want to actually, you know, play the game to get them".  This is where the lazy and entitled perception starts to appear.  You gotta run TR's, grind EE's for gear, grind for skill tomes and Stat tomes or something to improve the build.  There are all kind of options and choices.  But the one where you get everything with no effort in game?  That's where you are getting silly. 

You are a fucking fanboi and you do not want to understand : I don't want my characters, that I have been playing during 7 years crippled by a fucking system change.
The +20 LR they gives us will partially uncripple it, but due to the new system all the WIS and Cha based spellcasters are going to be relegated to second zone spellcasters due to the skill points and the Spellcraft skill that is INT based.

Now for a few things about quicken :
- you can play without it, up to and including old epics.
- you can play without it, up to an including Epic Hard.

It is required for Epic Elite though.

Concentration on the other hand is needed when it comes to scroll healing, as quicken don't work on scrolls. Also it makes it possible to play up to Epic Hard without having to rely on Quicken.
One day they are going to nerf Quicken, they already tried, they will come back to it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:44am:
Relying on Concentration for scroll casting in EE content is an invalid premise.

I know, it's still somewhat useful for lower difficulties, though it's becoming a waste of skill points for everyone except monks and monk splashes.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #44 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
I just realized all my WF toons can now be Juggs and Shirandom Wizzies!  Assimilate!

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 12:48am:
So, if they release new feats that are cool, they have to make more feats available so you can take them without dropping anything? 

Dear dumbass,

Your analogy is flawed, probably on purpose.  Here, I'll help.

Take away some important feature for your class, such as Rage for your barb or Turn Undead for your cleric, but then make that feature available as a feat that you could choose to retake at the expense of something else you currently have.

You're welcome, asshole.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 3:10pm:
Take away some important feature for your class, such as Rage for your barb or Turn Undead for your cleric, but then make that feature available as a feat that you could choose to retake at the expense of something else you currently have.

Hi2u 10k Stars.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 3:20pm:
Hi2u 10k Stars.

omg this

so retarded, why didn't they just make it a part of zen archery

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
I love that zen archery still has a dex requirement of 13, but is a completely wisdom based ability...

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #49 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 11:31am:

It might be bullshit, but that's what I have right now... As I said my stats ( tomes and items separated ) are available. Int8 with a +1 Tome = 0 modifier = 2 Skill Points.

What is mandatory ( or will become mandatory ) is Spellcraft and Heal, that means finding 2 to 4 more skill points ( as it's no use if they are not maxed ), and that means finding 6 ( ok 5 in my case with the tome ) to 8 more build points. 

They will become as mandatory as Toughness is right now.

I need more Int for the new fucking skills that weren't considered originally and because unless they are maxed skills are irrelevant.

Stats are public, go check them... Already maxed in Cha Tome.
You fucking didn't follow the restrictions :
18 Wis, 13 Con, 12/13 Cha are min, WITHOUT TOMES .
Next you're going to tell me that Hit Points are not important and I shouldn't waste the build points in Con to get Toughness... 700 HP is a nice cushion that goes away really fast in Epic Elite, 550 won't cut it.

I think I said TR is not an option asshole... I don't want to spend 6 fucking month levelling my Main. Because that's what it's going to take me.

You are a fucking fanboi and you do not want to understand : I don't want my characters, that I have been playing during 7 years crippled by a fucking system change.
The +20 LR they gives us will partially uncripple it, but due to the new system all the WIS and Cha based spellcasters are going to be relegated to second zone spellcasters due to the skill points and the Spellcraft skill that is INT based.

Now for a few things about quicken :
- you can play without it, up to and including old epics.
- you can play without it, up to an including Epic Hard.

It is required for Epic Elite though.

Concentration on the other hand is needed when it comes to scroll healing, as quicken don't work on scrolls. Also it makes it possible to play up to Epic Hard without having to rely on Quicken.
One day they are going to nerf Quicken, they already tried, they will come back to it.

Sorry Flav.  You can't have a max skills build without stat points.  You can't have stat points without TRing.  If you don't like to TR, run EE content and get loot you can sell for Ottos boxes.  Surely you can TR for 700k xp.   That won't take 6 months to earn. 

If you don't want to run EE content and you don't want to TR, then what's the point?  What does the toon do?  Log in and run EN and EH content?  you don't need spellcraft and heal for either of those anyways. 

But asking for a toon to have max features without being willing to put in some effort in game is weak sauce and you are being a douche.   Quit whining and play the game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint