Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Here You Go (Read 36214 times)
Wipe
VoD Slasher

Re: Here You Go
Reply #100 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Isn't spellpower on that still fucked ?
I 'd rather blow hundreds more plat on pots during TR than store MORE stuff.
Really, 2 LGS items, invis clickies and craft the rest/destroy when useless.
WTF bta is good ?

Because, Holy Shit inventory/bank management sucks so much.

IP Logged

JustOneGuy
Korthos Resident

Reply #101 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:07am:

They could make this game so much better just by providing a web interface for doing inventory/bank management.  Restrict it to only chars who are logged out.  Monetize it and make people buy a "house" and have your characters have to be logged out in the house to use it.
Auction house, selling to vendors, and perhaps even deconstruction or even full cannith crafting options from the web would be nice touches.

Pretty much the in-game interface for doing anything other than combat really sucks in this game.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #102 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:07am:
Isn't spellpower on that still fucked ?
I 'd rather blow hundreds more plat on pots during TR than store MORE stuff.
Really, 2 LGS items, invis clickies and craft the rest/destroy when useless.
WTF bta is good ?

SP on Sora Kell was bugged for a bit.  Has been fixed for a while now.

+2 To Hit/+2 Damage 40 Spell Power, for set
BTA ML11 +5 Str, Cha, Wis.  +11 Diplo, Intim, 5 shot Secret Door clicky
BTC ML13 +6 Str, Cha, Wis. +13 Diplo, Intim and True Seeing

I bounce a ML 11 set around whatever toon is TRing.

At the end of Mokune's 13th life I *only* had 100 or so BTC items.  5 Bag Pages + 3 Bank Pages left plenty of room for storage of Augments and other stuff that I could stack (and redeposit back into TR cache) since I'm gonna be on life 14 for a while.

Honestly I could easily dump/destroy/sell off 90% of what I am storing and be completely non-plussed.   Since MoTu EDs, EGH etc etc I only focus on a couple characters at a time so have PLENTY of Storage.

Sora Kell set + Conc Op Hp Goggles + Triple Air SP & Cha Skills Neck, really helped me slot and plan for multiple lives ymmv.   

Gave up on a Torc for Mokune...I "easily" (maybe should say painlessly) got it on my 3 casters that don't get much play but despite 3 20th lists and a run or 2 each life I have not ever seen it.   

I just now got an Amulet of Stormreaver or w/e it's called and slotted +150 SP and use my GS neck for buff, SP and swap in for UMD when needed.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #103 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
JustOneGuy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:31am:
They could make this game so much better just by providing a web interface for doing inventory/bank management.  Restrict it to only chars who are logged out.  Monetize it and make people buy a "house" and have your characters have to be logged out in the house to use it.
Auction house, selling to vendors, and perhaps even deconstruction or even full cannith crafting options from the web would be nice touches.

Pretty much the in-game interface for doing anything other than combat really sucks in this game.

As much as Turbine grabs for Money they really could have cashed in on this when they implemented guild ships.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #104 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Going from a +8 at level 25 to a +11 at level 28 is a bit redonc.  It was always lame that you got +6 somewhere around 11-13 and then nothing until +7 at level 20.  They should go back and fix the curve.  Something like this:

+1 at 1
+2 at 5
+3 at 7
+4 at 9
+5 at 11
+6 at 13
+7 at 17
+8 at 21
+9 at 23
+10 at 25
+11 at 27

Rework the gear so that epic stuff is all +7 or +8  (no epic stuff with +6, that's bullshit).  ToD rings get bumped.  Dunrobars and MoTU stuff gets bumped, eGH stuff gets bumped.  Then it all fits. 

Right now, anyone with a +8 item EE(like the Tablecloth, or SR prophecy ring, or Dragon helms with a +8, etc) is getting fucked in the ass.  It'd be one thing if they went to +9.  No big deal.  But to go up by 3?  Fuck you.  Nobody is taking a -3 in their primary stats.  70% of the eGH stuff becomes leveling gear.  All the MoTU stuff except the CiTW weapons is crap.  +7?  that's a full -2 off max. 

Most all the FoT loot is invalid.  It's funny, but the CiTW loot actually holds up better.

Besides XP and comms (Assuming they keep using them for something) why would anybody even step foot in eGH? 

Way to blow away 10 quests and a raid 4 months after you release it, Turbine.  WTF?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #105 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
And the above is the fanboi perspective.  The named loot and random loot is decent in every other way, but not overpowering.  It's the massive stat bumps that are out of control and fucking up the curve.

Oh, and the +5 DC bumps?  Totally screw over an item like Twilight.  Why couldn't they implement a stacking +2 exceptional DC bump item rather than a superceding +5 item?  Jackasses. 

I wasted 25 comms on that fucking Twilight.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #106 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
I am thinking my decision not to grind Underdark through eGH, opting to TR instead for many lives, was wise...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #107 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:28pm:
I am thinking my decision not to grind Underdark through eGH, opting to TR instead for many lives, was wise... 

In general, you can count of the fact that loot will eventually be surpassed.  It's a known thing.  I get that.

But to go up by  +3  ( on a percentage basis a 37.5% increase) in 3 levels?  And only 4-5 months after you just got a whole slew of new gear?

It was one thing when MoTU invalidated old epics.  They had been around for 2-3 years, depending.  MoTU gear being beaten by eGH kinda too soon imo, but it was still 9 months and they needed to expand end game a bit.  They also did it in a way where the MoTU stuff was not totally gone.  Now it's 4-5 months?  And it's wiping out most of the best items?  That's just crazy.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #108 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:35pm:
. . .they needed to expand end game a bit. 

Raising the level cap DOES NOT expand end-game.  It makes it smaller.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:24am:
How many times have you TR'd?  26 times for me and never once have I considered BTA loot to be "the best".

Over a dozen now across a couple of toons.

BTA means I can share it when I need it, and it wont take permanent damage. I dont need a dozen mules. I dont need to buy extra bank/bag space. I dont need to worry about what to throw away when I clear my bags before I TR. And I dont need to worry about farming for particular items for each of my toons I play - so that alone saves me countless hours.

For me the ease of use is far better than any individual BTC item which may have slightly better stats - primarily because getting to 20 is a fairly easy thing, it just takes time.

I do like the way you say in a later post that TRing is insanely easy and you dont need "the best" gear to do it. So surely you would agree that if stats arent as important, then ease of use is?

Or maybe you can just swear a little more in your posts - because thats what the cool kids do.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #110 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
If you upgraded Twilight for DC casting you're an idiot... oh wait, it's Asheras.

Appeal of Twilight since at least U17 has been 120/120/114 spellpower, +24 implement, and Arcane Augmentation. Considering how generally poor DC casting is and has been, the spell focuses were a throw-in.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #111 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:22pm:
Going from a +8 at level 25 to a +11 at level 28 is a bit redonc.  It was always lame that you got +6 somewhere around 11-13 and then nothing until +7 at level 20.  They should go back and fix the curve.  Something like this:

Originally, the +6 item was level 13 (RR 11). Now, it is level 11, making older stuff obsolete (FU loyal players).

And, everything is now Feather of Sun'd. Where a +6 slot item is level 20 - minimum. That is 9 levels above a pure item.  Really, really stupid and out of touch.
Practically everything is BTCoE. Another stupid idea for basic equipment.
If you don't get a good discount for more than one effect on an item, then it is - wait for it - stupid.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #112 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:26am:

That's about the Shard Exchange and nothing more.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:26am:
Originally, the +6 item was level 13 (RR 11). Now, it is level 11, making older stuff obsolete (FU loyal players).

And, everything is now Feather of Sun'd. Where a +6 slot item is level 20 - minimum. That is 9 levels above a pure item.  Really, really stupid and out of touch.
If you don't get a good discount for more than one effect on an item, then it is - wait for it - stupid.

But the point of slots isn't to make a +6 Int of Disabling 13 at ML11, it's to make +6 Int, +7 Str, Melee alacrity of Awesomesauce at level 20+.

Kinda like customizable Sora Kell sets for high levels.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 5:42am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:33pm:
If you upgraded Twilight for DC casting you're an idiot... oh wait, it's Asheras.

Appeal of Twilight since at least U17 has been 120/120/114 spellpower, +24 implement, and Arcane Augmentation. Considering how generally poor DC casting is and has been, the spell focuses were a throw-in.

This.

My Sorc will be happy to keep Twilight as it is and slot Evocation +5 and Cha +11 in Necklace(EE Iron Beads is fucking useless now) and some other slot like Boots.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:21am
Print Post  
JustOneGuy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:31am:

This would be great, but have you seen how Turbine handles web interfaces and APIs? I don't think that this would end well.

There are people who could do this. So far, I have no real confidence that Turbine has hired any of them.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #116 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:42am
Print Post  
I am just at a loss really....

I was having a smoke and considering this thread.

A part of the game I enjoy immensely is gearing characters.

NOT mind-numbing farming or trading my grocery money for EE items.

Rather, knowing that I have some nice gear on TR and looking forward to using it takes a lot of the edge off the absurd XP req for legend lives.

The give/take of choosing what to use and after almost 4 years of play I still enjoy finding ways to gear that I hadn't considered before.

Endgame gear grinding is a trap when we all know full good and goddamned well the gear will be invalidated.

Given this, why the oly fraqqing fuck dont we have full end reward lists on 20th completions and 50% named item lists on 10 completion?   Faqqing idiocy. 

There are a couple spots in leveling where you have so many good choices for whatever gear you want to use and figuring that out is fun for me.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is why does the DDO Turbine crew insist on fiddling and fucking with character builds and game mechanics more than I like fiddling with gear (and the toon roulette wheel of mules)

How many other MMOs out there fuck with character abilities and game mechanics this much?  My experience is limited to Asherons Call 1 and WoW but I never experienced this level of "Let's Fuck with the players' builds, ignore bugs, give em smoke and mirrors, lure them in with wine (spiced up with rufis), fuck em in the ass, empty your wallet and tell you to suck it up and have a nice day"

If you must fiddle with something I recommend the JC Penney Lingerie catalog....It's hard to fuck that up...

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #117 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:22pm:

+1 at 1
+2 at 5
+3 at 7
+4 at 9
+5 at 11
+6 at 13
+7 at 17
+8 at 21
+9 at 23
+10 at 25
+11 at 27

Rework the gear so that epic stuff is all +7 or +8  (no epic stuff with +6, that's bullshit).  ToD rings get bumped.  Dunrobars and MoTU stuff gets bumped, eGH stuff gets bumped.  Then it all fits. 

This, absolutely.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:42am:
I am just at a loss really....

I was having a smoke and considering this thread.

A part of the game I enjoy immensely is gearing characters.

NOT mind-numbing farming or trading my grocery money for EE items.

Rather, knowing that I have some nice gear on TR and looking forward to using it takes a lot of the edge off the absurd XP req for legend lives.

The give/take of choosing what to use and after almost 4 years of play I still enjoy finding ways to gear that I hadn't considered before.

Endgame gear grinding is a trap when we all know full good and goddamned well the gear will be invalidated.

Given this, why the oly fraqqing fuck dont we have full end reward lists on 20th completions and 50% named item lists on 10 completion?   Faqqing idiocy. 

There are a couple spots in leveling where you have so many good choices for whatever gear you want to use and figuring that out is fun for me.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is why does the DDO Turbine crew insist on fiddling and fucking with character builds and game mechanics more than I like fiddling with gear (and the toon roulette wheel of mules)

How many other MMOs out there fuck with character abilities and game mechanics this much?  My experience is limited to Asherons Call 1 and WoW but I never experienced this level of "Let's Fuck with the players' builds, ignore bugs, give em smoke and mirrors, lure them in with wine (spiced up with rufis), fuck em in the ass, empty your wallet and tell you to suck it up and have a nice day"

If you must fiddle with something I recommend the JC Penney Lingerie catalog....It's hard to fuck that up...

I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as the reason for me constantly TRing goes. End game is just such a moving target (and a small one) that there really hasn't been much point since MoTU landed.

A dev (one we (mostly) like) has mentioned that systems changes should be calming down soon, with the focus switching back to content. I can only hope that this is true.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #119 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:48am:
I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as the reason for me constantly TRing goes. End game is just such a moving target (and a small one) that there really hasn't been much point since MoTU landed.

Different people are looking for different things in a game.
If someone still finds challenge in heroics, great, glad they have fun.
I see chain TR as a total waste of time, and getting lives/more powerful builds only as something that improves the toon later and can put it to good use in EE. Because that might be the only challenge left. Or pleasing your inner loot whore when you get a nice pull.
It's not about loot sometimes, more like " hey i got cool toon and I can do this shit".
But every part of the game could use more stuff/improvement of course.
Golden raiding era is gone, but dismissing gameplay at cap as "mind dumbing farming" is silly when TRing can't be more "autopilotey ".

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:52am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:21am:
Different people are looking for different things in a game.
If someone still finds challenge in heroics, great, glad they have fun.
I see chain TR as a total waste of time, and getting lives/more powerful builds only as something that improves the toon later and can put it to good use in EE. Because that might be the only challenge left. Or pleasing your inner loot whore when you get a nice pull.
It's not about loot sometimes, more like " hey i got cool toon and I can do this shit".
But every part of the game could use more stuff/improvement of course.
Golden raiding era is gone, but dismissing gameplay at cap as "mind dumbing farming" is silly when TRing can't be more "autopilotey ".

I agree with most of what you wrote, but don't quote me as calling cap gameplay "mind dumbing farming" when I didn't. I simply don't feel the urge to build for end game at this point as it is not only really small compared to what it was, but also has very little to it that I want to spend the time to get if I know it's going to be obsolete in 6 months anyway. My call; maybe not everybody's call.

TRing is as autopilot as you make it. If you constantly cycle the sorc/whatever TR builds which need a +5 heart to get the past life, sure. But coming up with a new fun build to cap each time is a different story. Even though most of the quests tend to be the same ones again, you can approach them in new ways.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #121 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:21am:

You've reduced my post to a broad generalization that I did not make.   I never said ALL "endgame" play was "mind numbing farming".   The sytle of endgame play where one farms for EE items to trade for Ottos/Bigby's/TP Codes etc is not my personal subjective play style but I don't begrudge those that do.

TR-ing is not and has never has been auto-pilotey for me.  I play my builds and learn them.  I consider what works and what I will do next and pit my building skill and resources against content that I don't always enjoy from a DM/design perspective.   Soloing the Pit Elite the first time was awesome.  Soloing it many times on Elite on different builds taught me a lot.  Soloing RWtD Elite was very challenging and exhausting but thats a new challenge (bleh-motherfucking-bleh) Failing a Solo EH LoD because I rolled a 1 vs the Boss's stunning blow teaches a different lesson...

And /agreed....The Golden Age of Raiding is by and large gone...

It's been seemingly forever that I, my guild mates & PUG members were cycling through DQ/Shroud/ToD/etc...

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #122 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:48am:
A dev (one we (mostly) like) has mentioned that systems changes should be calming down soon, with the focus switching back to content. I can only hope that this is true.

I sure hope so mate. 

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #123 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 10:47am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:33pm:
Appeal of Twilight since at least U17 has been 120/120/114 spellpower, +24 implement, and Arcane Augmentation.

I'll probably be using Balizarde/Mountain's Fist after the expansion if the erudition set bonus is still worth it. It loses Arcane Augmentation, but it gains dodge, saves, and 4 138 SP augment slots instead of 2 120 and 1 138.
I would use a Luck Blade, but the axe has a higher implement bonus for if I need to cast while I'm scroll healing... and it annoys twf dwarves.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #124 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Not sure if Erudition will be worth it after U19 if you're willing to drink alchemical pots... I slot it for the mana and the alchemical spellpower, but there's bigger mana boosts available with U19 and the +8/+3 stat becomes almost irrelevant.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint