Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Here You Go (Read 36171 times)
Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Re: Here You Go
Reply #125 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:27am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:21am:
Not sure if Erudition will be worth it after U19 if you're willing to drink alchemical pots... I slot it for the mana and the alchemical spellpower, but there's bigger mana boosts available with U19 and the +8/+3 stat becomes almost irrelevant.

Planar foci claim to be a Psionic bonus. The only other thing that should give that type of bonus is +25 from the eardweller clickie.
+3 insightful stat is still relevant from what I've seen, but that's likely to be slotted on a dragon helm.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:29am by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #126 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:27am:
Planar foci claim to be a Psionic bonus. The only other thing that should give that type of bonus is +25 from the eardweller clickie.
+3 insightful stat is still relevant from what I've seen, but that's likely to be slotted on a dragon helm.

Ah, you're right - I forgot that was changed. It continues to be fine, then. Too bad we don't have Rodrak around to give us a dumb of the new lootgen tables, hard to plan gear.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #127 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:33pm:
If you upgraded Twilight for DC casting you're an idiot... oh wait, it's Asheras.

Appeal of Twilight since at least U17 has been 120/120/114 spellpower, +24 implement, and Arcane Augmentation. Considering how generally poor DC casting is and has been, the spell focuses were a throw-in.

Are you brain dead?  Upgrading a twilight has NOTHING to do with DC's.  Those come on the base item.  The upgrades are about the Planar set, the increase in implement, the extra 120, and the extra 114. 

Oh, wait.  It's CDR.  That jackass can't read and doesn't even know what the upgrades to twilight do.  Stop posting, moron.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #128 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:29pm:
Raising the level cap DOES NOT expand end-game.  It makes it smaller.

That comment was made in relation to eGH release.  Which did not raise the level cap.  eGH is actually an example of a release that added to end game.  Despite providing markedly better loot. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #129 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:42pm:
Over a dozen now across a couple of toons.

BTA means I can share it when I need it, and it wont take permanent damage. I dont need a dozen mules. I dont need to buy extra bank/bag space. I dont need to worry about what to throw away when I clear my bags before I TR. And I dont need to worry about farming for particular items for each of my toons I play - so that alone saves me countless hours.

For me the ease of use is far better than any individual BTC item which may have slightly better stats - primarily because getting to 20 is a fairly easy thing, it just takes time.

I do like the way you say in a later post that TRing is insanely easy and you dont need "the best" gear to do it. So surely you would agree that if stats arent as important, then ease of use is?

Or maybe you can just swear a little more in your posts - because thats what the cool kids do.

BTA loot is what I use for levels 1-8.  Mainly because I only need a few items and they are all identical, pretty much regardless of class.  Past 11, though, it's all GS and raid loot, which is BTC, with a few random gen or named, unbound items thrown in.  (Bloodstones, Boots of the Innocent, Spectral Gloves, etc)

BTA stuff and set stuff from level 12-18 quests was designed to be weaker than raid loot from DQ, Reavers, Abbott, VoD, and Hound.  It pretty much sucks in comparison. 

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #130 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
How is +2 To Hit and Damage on a BTA ML11 set weaker than ML 18 ToD set bonuses?  It's equivalent in many cases.

And much much easier to get.

Only a handfull of items from any of those raids is arguably highly sought after for mid levels and mostly caster items.

What Ring/Gloves/Helm BTC gear from any of those raids comes close to the Stats and Set Bonus of BTC ML13 Sora Kell set?

7 Fingered Gloves are a swap in for UMD...

I've got nothing else....There is not a single BTC non-caster item that I would use in the Helm/Glove/Ring Slot for levels 11-17.   Bracers and Gloves get Swapped out at 18 for Fabricators Set which is easier to get (notice a theme) and provide a very nice set bonus and other perks as well.

Tharne's are the only non-caster items in that range and compete for GS Goggle Slot...Every benefit of Tharne's can be easily slotted somewhere else except for the Sneak Attack Bonus maybe.

Mid-Level BTC raid gear is by and large in an even sorrier state of invalidation due to Cannith Crafting, Augment Slots, Cannith Challenge gear.

Aside from the obvious suspects, SOS, Kund Boots, MariChain, Madstone Boots what brilliant mid level BTC raid gear is left that isn't easily trumped by crafted and/or BTA gear?

I don't even use my GD Madstone Boots....I got tired of dispelling the MS Rage via Defensive Fighting and waiting 6 seconds to scroll heal, reapply dispelled buffs etc etc all the GD time....What a fucking pain in the ass.   But maybe good if you are still chugging silver flame fuck your saves and have fun doing it pots while madstoned or whatever....

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #131 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
If you have defensive stance from pally or fighter then Madstone boots are pretty sweet at those levels.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #132 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 2:50pm:
How is +2 To Hit and Damage on a BTA ML11 set weaker than ML 18 ToD set bonuses?  It's equivalent in many cases.

And much much easier to get.

Only a handfull of items from any of those raids is arguably highly sought after for mid levels and mostly caster items.

What Ring/Gloves/Helm BTC gear from any of those raids comes close to the Stats and Set Bonus of BTC ML13 Sora Kell set?

7 Fingered Gloves are a swap in for UMD...

I've got nothing else....There is not a single BTC non-caster item that I would use in the Helm/Glove/Ring Slot for levels 11-17.   Bracers and Gloves get Swapped out at 18 for Fabricators Set which is easier to get (notice a theme) and provide a very nice set bonus and other perks as well.

Tharne's are the only non-caster items in that range and compete for GS Goggle Slot...Every benefit of Tharne's can be easily slotted somewhere else except for the Sneak Attack Bonus maybe.

Mid-Level BTC raid gear is by and large in an even sorrier state of invalidation due to Cannith Crafting, Augment Slots, Cannith Challenge gear.

Aside from the obvious suspects, SOS, Kund Boots, MariChain, Madstone Boots what brilliant mid level BTC raid gear is left that isn't easily trumped by crafted and/or BTA gear?

I don't even use my GD Madstone Boots....I got tired of dispelling the MS Rage via Defensive Fighting and waiting 6 seconds to scroll heal, reapply dispelled buffs etc etc all the GD time....What a fucking pain in the ass.   But maybe good if you are still chugging silver flame fuck your saves and have fun doing it pots while madstoned or whatever....

From level 13-17, I generally have tharnes in the goggles, Leviks in the bracers, Spectrals in the Gloves, Tumbleweed (or chattering ring), Miinos Helm, A GS triple Neg necklace for immunities and slay living guard, an HP GS cloak with Smoke (blur and Displace clickie), Boots of the innocent for striding and resistance, A GFL Belt with an LGA, and a Con +6 ring with an LGA. 

For monks, I go with Icy Raiments (dodge, AC, protection) or the Enlightened Vestaments (Wisdom, Banishing fists).

Clickies for GS Raise Dead, GS Haste, and GS UMD Skills swap in.

It covers most everything I need.  TS, Resist, Con, Dex, Str, GFL, Vitality, Fort, Deathblock, immunities, GS HP, Striding, Incorporal hitting, Permanent Blur, Displacement, attack bonus, healiing amp, slay living guard, and two LGA's.  Which are better for slotting than most blue/yellow's at that level. 

It's pretty easy and works for most any non-caster build with few changes.  No need to make changes until the ToD sets become available.  Then you change the two rings, belt, and necklace and you are good to go.  Typically FB or ravagers and shintao set.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #133 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I have the madstone boots, but rarely wear them.  between the tumbleweed and the spectrals, I've got dex covered, even if you upgrade the madstones, it's still not quite enough for me to like them.  And the madstone proc is pretty annoying. 

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #134 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Sora Kell set is 100% garbage. It wasn't even worth using when it came out. I mean, it's OK for new F2Ps without much else, but man are there an infinity of better options.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:40pm:
BTA loot is what I use for levels 1-8.  Mainly because I only need a few items and they are all identical, pretty much regardless of class.  Past 11, though, it's all GS and raid loot, which is BTC, with a few random gen or named, unbound items thrown in.  (Bloodstones, Boots of the Innocent, Spectral Gloves, etc)

BTA stuff and set stuff from level 12-18 quests was designed to be weaker than raid loot from DQ, Reavers, Abbott, VoD, and Hound.  It pretty much sucks in comparison. 

Ive had some toons go right through to 20 using Korthos gear and not felt gimped. Goggles of Insight and Anger's Step are nice - and Im lazy.

But in terms of BTA gear, Sora Kell, Turbulent Epee, Envenomed Blade (for some reason I always try to find a way to play a TWF IC Piercing build regardless of class), plus Cove items get a good run (I have hardly any done to Tier 3, but most are done to Tier 2).

Towards the end of the life there is a few nice items from House C which I havent bothered upgrading. Plus an assortment of BTA random loot which have crafted effects on, with Master Crafting (after a number of runs through Threnal I finally got a Goblet and can make a Heavy Fort item which will definitely go on a BTA piece of gear).

I have a few GS items, but we dont spend a lot of time at cap before TRing again, so there isnt a lot of time to farm gear. Its easy to make, but the Cleansing is the problem. I have only cleansed one item, so if I ever spend some time at 20+ I will aim for 20 runs to get another item cleansed.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #136 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
For 13 lives from 11 to 17 Mokune's Core Gear set before Augment Change

ConcOp Hp Fear Immune Goggle
3x Air, air guard, Spell Pts, Cha skill Neck
Ml11/Ml13 Sora Katra
3x Earth Boots/Crafted Dex +6
ML 12/16 Cloak of Night
Jidz/BTA ML 10 Bracers of the Wind
BTA Heavy Fort Ring of Mobilty Crafted
Belt of Thoughtful Rememberance
Armor/Trinket to cover anything else I may need to round out GFL, Resistance, Int
Pouch of Jerky, Spy Glass, Frozen Tunic, Marichain, LGA Studded Leather, LGA Robes, DT, BLack Dragon Leather

Icy/Enlightened gather dust.

After Augment the HE Ancient band slotted with +4\+5 Dex at 14 for last two lives.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Heavy Fort of Mobility is one I should look in to.

I have also been thinking about Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance but wasnt sure whether I should worry about the +5 CON vs a +6 CON item.

I guess Deathblock could be a good augment to slot in? That then clears up a Silver Flame Necklace. Or Blind/Fear Immunity?

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #138 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 9:15am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 11:04pm:
Heavy Fort of Mobility is one I should look in to.

I have also been thinking about Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance but wasnt sure whether I should worry about the +5 CON vs a +6 CON item.

I guess Deathblock could be a good augment to slot in? That then clears up a Silver Flame Necklace. Or Blind/Fear Immunity?

Deathblock is a good one to slot if you have a free yellow slot on something tasty and can't cannithly craft it somewhere else.  Fear Immunity is my number one yellow to slot when/if I find the augment.  Most things curable by pots like blindness I typically don,t bother with unless convienient.  With the exception of Poison Saves in Epics.   

At level 25 with Mokune, all destinies capped, completionist and I am wearing a LGA Helm of Poison Resist +10 and Melee Alacrity...At least until I get a black dragon helm.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #139 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
flexible mobility shard is awesome. So is flexible dodge 2%. Too bad they stack funny. But I guess they will soon be rendered less useful when dodge no longer stacks.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #140 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 4:04pm:
flexible mobility shard is awesome. So is flexible dodge 2%. Too bad they stack funny. But I guess they will soon be rendered less useful when dodge no longer stacks.

Mobility's still a feat, and will stack with the (now) 4% dodge shard.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 4:04pm:

I only ever bother leveling my crafting every 6 or 12 months. One day I will get it high enough to take advantage of flexible Mobility.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #142 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Flex Mobility is good. 
Attack Bonus is shit now, with the level changes and the attack formula changes.
Melee (and to a lesser extend missile) alacrity are still pretty awesome.  For Fucks Sake 10% from level 1 cannot be beaten

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #143 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 6:02pm:
Mobility's still a feat, and will stack with the (now) 4% dodge shard.

Is it actually a 4% shard, or is Cannith Crafting just abandoned as per usual?

IP Logged

reniats
Korthos Resident

!amarD evoL I

Reply #144 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Updated Lama Release notes: http://pastebin.com/fETL5LMb

Of Importance: Defensive strikes has been removed. It has been replaced with Deft Strikes, a passive enhancement that increases off-hand proc chance.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #145 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Damn. I was hoping it'd have at least some time on live.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #146 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:39pm:
Is it actually a 4% shard, or is Cannith Crafting just abandoned as per usual?

The effects of the old Dodge +2% item effect are probably going to be changed en bloc, just like it was done for Lesser and Minor Swiftness. I wouldn't be surprised if Crafting barter interface description, shard name and shard effect description are going to be 3 different things.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #147 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
reniats wrote on Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:00pm:
Updated Lama Release notes: http://pastebin.com/fETL5LMb

Of Importance: Defensive strikes has been removed. It has been replaced with Deft Strikes, a passive enhancement that increases off-hand proc chance.

Ok, while we would all have liked to have played with that enhancement I'd say this is a win for the dev team. That was a brokenly stupid enhancement that greatly penalized one play style while having no penalty for other styles. Glad to see they figured it out. Now the big question...will they be able to make Deft Strikes work with handwraps?  Huh

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #148 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:19pm:
Ok, while we would all have liked to have played with that enhancement I'd say this is a win for the dev team. That was a brokenly stupid enhancement that greatly penalized one play style while having no penalty for other styles. Glad to see they figured it out. Now the big question...will they be able to make Deft Strikes work with handwraps?  Huh

so true, they had two options, make it give a penalty for casters, thf, ranged and whatnot or remove it, glad they went with the later since it removes a almost must have enhancement

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #149 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
so true, they had two options, make it give a penalty for casters, thf, ranged and whatnot or remove it, glad they went with the later since it removes a almost must have enhancement

Yeah, when you start thinking, "how can I splash monk into my caster build just to get a PRR enhancement" you know the dev's have probably missed the mark with that enhancement.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint