Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New things in Closed Beta that you should read (Read 58915 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: New things in Closed Beta that you should read
Reply #125 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 6:31pm:
Not entirely true.  People with jobs spend more money.  And play less than teens and college students and the unemployed.

Not true either.  Gainfully employed and I don't spend shit on this game.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #126 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Not entirely true.  People with jobs spend more money.  And play less than teens and college students and the unemployed.

basically this.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #127 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 10:11am
Print Post  

I have a buddy like this. He probably could have bought the game for what he drops in SP pots and cakes.  I've tried to help him, but he said "fuck it, I'm having fun and spending less than I would on a drink or two at the bar".  I did notice he spends more TPs on "rum night" though...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #128 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 8:12am
Print Post  

I wasn't comparing group to group, I meant for an individual.

Person A is rarely on, is likely to spend less money.
Person A is often on, is likely to spend more money.

Person A:Person B - who cares, it's all about how much money any one person spends.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #129 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 9:05pm:
Not true either.  Gainfully employed and I don't spend shit on this game.

You are missing the point.  He said time in game = money spent.  I'm saying time in game <> money spent.  In fact, I would be willing to bet that the majority of your top 25% of spenders does not fall in the top 25% in terms of time spent in game per week.

People playing this game for 60+ hours per week (8-9 hours per day, 7 days a week) either 1) don't have the money to spend or 2) don't need to spend it because they can farm ee Loot, etc and trade for what they want. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #130 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 10:18am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 8:12am:
I wasn't comparing group to group, I meant for an individual.

Person A is rarely on, is likely to spend less money.
Person A is often on, is likely to spend more money.

Person A:Person B - who cares, it's all about how much money any one person spends.

You are missing the point.  People who are rarely on are often willing to use $$ to speed up their game experience.  AKA Pay2Win.  The most expensive things in the store are things that speed up your game experience.  +4 Tomes, Hearts of Wood, Otto's boxes, Bigby's boxes.  Consumables that short cut grind. 

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #131 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:25am
Print Post  
I happen spend a lot of money to improve my game experience, mainly on beer and smokes.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #132 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:25am:
I happen spend a lot of money to improve my game experience, mainly on wine and cheese.

fify... couldn't resist...
Two more days and I'm back home from vacation, with several kilos of rock crystals, a few sunburns, lots of wet climbing gear, and a few crates of bottles of wine . ( no cheese though sadly )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
The metrics are nowhere near this simple.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #134 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:16pm:

I'm sure you guys are able to generate some really detailed analysis contrasting purchases and in-game behavior. 

Hey, Maj, what's going on with the loot in this new update?

How are we going from +8 to +11 on stat items?  And from +3 to +5 on DC's?  You realize this is going to wipe out any of the loot from MoTU, High Road, Druid's Curse, and eGH with a hard coded +7 or +8 stat on it (Which is 50-60% of the stuff).  You guys need to go back and make all of those augment slots with pre-loaded augments at the current so that the Tablecloth, Treads, Dragon Helms, SR Prophecy Ring, Ring of Deceit, halcyon Boots, etc. aren't all just leveling gear 4-5 months after release. 

That's way to short a time table to be invalidating so much gear. 

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #135 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:42pm:
I'm sure you guys are able to generate some really detailed analysis contrasting purchases and in-game behavior. 

Hey, Maj, what's going on with the loot in this new update?

*snip*

That's way to short a time table to be invalidating so much gear. 

The fun thing about the older loot was even though it was kind of long to acquire once you did get these items and had them epic and whatnot they stayed relevant for a long time.

The new way of things seems to want to make old gear meh much to damn quickly which quite frankly is killing the fun of the game for many.

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:04pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #136 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:04pm:
The fun thing about the older loot was even though it was kind of long to acquire once you did get these items and had them epic and whatnot they stayed relevant for a long time.

The new way of things seems to want to make old gear meh much to damn quickly which quite frankly is killing the fun of the game for many.

I'm seeing fewer and fewer reasons to buy Shadowfail, or level a character past 20 before doing a TR. If an annual level cap increase and invalidation of past grinds is the new direction, all the more reason to stick with heroic. Cannith crafting and greensteel are still relevant in the heroic game. At least heroic doesn't feel like a hamster wheel.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #137 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:28pm:
I'm seeing fewer and fewer reasons to buy Shadowfail, or level a character past 20 before doing a TR. If an annual level cap increase and invalidation of past grinds is the new direction, all the more reason to stick with heroic. Cannith crafting and greensteel are still relevant in the heroic game. At least heroic doesn't feel like a hamster wheel.

Biggity Bingo.

My only question is this:  If you don't buy Shadowfail do you get the 'enhancement trainwreck' if you are F2P?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #138 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  

Pontificate on this.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #139 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:56pm:
My only question is this:  If you don't buy Shadowfail do you get the 'enhancement trainwreck' if you are F2P?

Yes you dont have to buy them like the epic enhancements errm sorry ''destinies''

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:56pm:
Biggity Bingo.

Everyone gets the enhancement pass.

I am not too concerned as my main is constantly TRing and I can respec her as needed to work within the new framework. My alts will do the best they can.

As far as the new content being worth the term "expansion", I don't think what we're getting really hits that mark. I admit to having bought it, but I also admit to having more money than brains sometimes when it comes to things like that.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #141 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:04am:
Pontificate on this.

For some reason, I got a mental picture of this being said by Trinity  while she holds a gun to a cowering dev's head...

What the game needs more than anything at this point: 1) stability, 2) content.  There are lots of fixes to be made and a lot of tweaks to bring some semblance of synergy back to the various elements of character-building, but at the moment it feels like anything and everything is subject to change, with or without notice.  That's not a comfortable place to be.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #142 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 22nd, 2013 at 10:18am:
You are missing the point.  People who are rarely on are often willing to use $$ to speed up their game experience.  AKA Pay2Win.  The most expensive things in the store are things that speed up your game experience.  +4 Tomes, Hearts of Wood, Otto's boxes, Bigby's boxes.  Consumables that short cut grind. 

I don't think I am. Everybody I have played with/play with spend money when they're playing actively, and they don't when they're not. Why would you? Get a stone to level to 15 to log off for 3 months? Are you serious?

Loot being outdated, daily rolls, or anything else designed to get you to log back in more often means you're on more often. If that means you're active rather than inactive then win for turbine.

If there are people spending thousands of TPs and aren't regular players then 'a fool and his money are soon parted' is fitting. "I bought a boat but I never go out to sea in it..." ^^

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #143 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  

So?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #144 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:28pm:
invalidation of past grinds is the new direction

That's far from new.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #145 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:05pm:
That's far from new.

Mind telling me how long items like the Torc, greensteel, Madstone boots, and many other items were viable? Voice of the Master? Is DDO a better game by replacing these with FoS'd  shit gear with random effects?

In the 14 month span that includes Eveningstar, GH, and Shadowfail, we got two pointless commoner level cap increases, and three gear grinds. Compare that to three years of relative stability from 2009-2012.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 28th, 2013 at 4:48pm:
Mind telling me how long items like the Torc, greensteel, Madstone boots, and many other items were viable? Voice of the Master? Is DDO a better game by replacing these with FoS'd  shit gear with random effects?

In the 14 month span that includes Eveningstar, GH, and Shadowfail, we got two pointless commoner level cap increases, and three gear grinds. Compare that to three years of relative stability from 2009-2012.

Pretty much this. I can't say how much influence Feather has had overall, but I can say he certainly hasn't helped things with his ideas on how gear should work. Far as I can tell he's done almost as much damage to the game as the people who thought it would be a good idea to shrink end game to one (then two) raids.

If FoS was fired tomorrow I would be happy. If he were fired 12 months ago and this all turned out to have been a bad dream, I'd be ecstatic.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #147 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 7:49am:
If FoS was fired tomorrow I would be happy. If he were fired 12 months ago and this all turned out to have been a bad dream, I'd be ecstatic.

Lets see how bad he takes the criticism about Random shit on Named Items, and the general underwhelming-ness of said named items. ... He asked for feedback, he got it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #148 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 9:40am
Print Post  
I don't think people are gonna like the ML: 0 BTA ring nerfs either.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #149 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 9:22am:
Lets see how bad he takes the criticism about Random shit on Named Items, and the general underwhelming-ness of said named items. ... He asked for feedback, he got it.

I could live with some randomness on named items.  The eGH dragon helms, for example, don't bother me at all.  I kinda like it because it gives you some flexibility in gear options.  I wouldn't mind the Dun'Robar/Avithoul/Szind rings, if they only had one thing that was random.  The Stat OR the Combat Effect.  Not both.  That makes for too much difficulty in getting the right combination. 

What I can't deal with is raid loot from the highest level raid (FoT) being invalidated 5 months after it comes out.  You only have 2 end game raids, currently.  One is a year old, the other is 5 months old.  And you basically wipe out one of them and weaken the other.  And don't bring anything new to the table to replace it.  (Which would suck anyways).  End game needs to be ADDITIVE.  Not Zero Sum.  And definitely not reductive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Send TopicPrint