Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New things in Closed Beta that you should read (Read 58911 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: New things in Closed Beta that you should read
Reply #150 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:41am
Print Post  
GH helms etc are not "random". There is a fixed, designed, set of attributes.

The U19 gear by all appearances is actually random. Every piece of gear gets an attribute straight out of the random loot table.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #151 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 10:38am:
What I can't deal with is raid loot from the highest level raid (FoT) being invalidated 5 months after it comes out.  You only have 2 end game raids, currently.  One is a year old, the other is 5 months old.  And you basically wipe out one of them and weaken the other.  And don't bring anything new to the table to replace it.  (Which would suck anyways).  End game needs to be ADDITIVE.  Not Zero Sum.  And definitely not reductive. 

FOT is a Commendation farm and nothing more.   It'll still remain the same.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #152 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:46am:

the thing is items like the dragonscale armours, fall of truth raid loot (like the gauntlets, halcyon boots, and skybreaker), the CITW loot, and other epic GH items will still be viable end game loot PURELY because all the xpack loot is shit.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #153 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:46am:

FOT is the new Pikers-Fate ( well it will be when we are 28. ).

CITW is just a pain in the ass for no real reward. ( the loot sucks mostly, and the commendation drop rate is so retarded that it's not worth wasting the time running it )

If they want to fix the two actual pseudo-endgame raids so that we run the main it the ass one they need to :
- 2 heroic com +1/2 random other commendation guaranteed to everybody on normal ( 4;2/3 on hard, 6;3/4 on Elite )
- Upgrade the fucking items so that they are actually better than LVL 25 random loot.
- Kill the Hand
- Kill the Death on being thrown off ( kill being thrown off by the legs... if you run over the edge, you're dead, sounds right )
- Kill the mana drain
- Kill the respawns

Yes Shade will whine that his raid has been nerfed, but we don't care about Shade, he is getting his ass handed at PvP in NWO.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #154 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Citw is awesome.
FoT is awesome.
Both are pugged daily. Citw 100%, FoT 90% success.
Loot is great.
Wtf else would you do at cap ?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #155 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:27pm:
Citw is awesome.
FoT is awesome.
Loot is great.

let see :

Beside the fact that the CiTW loot sucks and the drop rate is retarded... FoT is So-So, but it will be a Piker's fate soon enough. We are already short manning it on EH.

2 Years ago the standard raid week in my guild was :

- VHS ( Vision, Hound, Shroud ) with a Piker-s Fate for after.
- E-VON, E-Chrono, E-Kween
- LOB & MA
- ToD to be inserted in place of another one from time to time

Basically, during a week we could play a single character and have no timer problem.

Nowadays it goes the following :

- E-VON, FoT, CiTW, FoT.
- E-VON, FoT, E-Kween.
- E-VON, FoT, Chrono, FoT.

Now compare the two lists... you don't think there's a problem with the second one ? ( even without taking into account the fact that you will get timered characters, and that Bypass is like Dopant, something that should not be sold into the Store but as at a high number of plat to regulate the plat in game. )

To answer your question : At cap, I pickup another character that needs to reach 25 and I start levelling it.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:44pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #156 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I joined an Equeen today.

"Hi, want me to get started on ADQ??" crickets.

"Hi, want me to get started on ADQ?" after buffing. Crickets.

Waited another 5 minutes while I watched the party leader die 3 times in the Lobster (and the LFM was clear they were looking for a full 12, and at this point there was 3). Made spurious excuse and logged a different toon. That's what off peak looks like on Khyber Sad

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #157 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:42pm:
Now compare the two lists... you don't think there's a problem with the second one ?

I am well aware of that man, got 100+ completions of Tods or DQs on my toons.
But both Citw and Fot are great imho, best loot in game, yes comms drop rate could be better in Citw.
Currently those 2 might be the last thing that keeps folks playing together, so I don't get the hate.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #158 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:26pm:
I am well aware of that man, got 100+ completions of Tods or DQs on my toons.
But both Citw and Fot are great imho, best loot in game, yes comms drop rate could be better in Citw.
Currently those 2 might be the last thing that keeps folks playing together, so I don't get the hate.

I personally dislike CITW, but I am not sure why you are not seeing the complete lack of LFMs for anything else than these two, and I will be honest, off peak it's been months since I have seen many of these two.

I would love for them to revamp the loot for the other raids and have a bloody choice of stuff that is worth it.

I have 5 to go on DQ on my ranger, and I should really do it, but it's like a desert out there...

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #159 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:34pm:
I have 5 to go on DQ on my ranger, and I should really do it, but it's like a desert out there...

*rimshot*

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #160 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:27pm:
Citw is awesome.
FoT is awesome.
Loot is great.

I want more than 2 raids commonly run.

Though we did do a bravery bonus Elite VOD (Max 20) this weekend that was a bunch of fun despite my nerd-raging on the tards who couldn't find the quest.

IP Logged

Bowserkoopa
Korthos Resident

Your princess is in MY
castle

Reply #161 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:56pm:

Though we did do a bravery bonus Elite VOD (Max 20) this weekend that was a bunch of fun despite my nerd-raging on the tards who couldn't find the quest.

That is because your VoD didn't have enough sleet storm and globes of invulnerability obviously. Sleet storm and globe makes every raid easier!

Bowserkoopa,

King of the Koopa's

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #162 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:14pm:
I joined an Equeen today.

"Hi, want me to get started on ADQ??" crickets.

"Hi, want me to get started on ADQ?" after buffing. Crickets.

Waited another 5 minutes while I watched the party leader die 3 times in the Lobster (and the LFM was clear they were looking for a full 12, and at this point there was 3). Made spurious excuse and logged a different toon. That's what off peak looks like on Khyber Sad

Unless it was EE, a full 12 is stupid to wait for.  The leader was a dumb ass.  That's what pugging looks like on all servers when the leader is a tool. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #163 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 12:08pm:
the thing is items like the dragonscale armours, fall of truth raid loot (like the gauntlets, halcyon boots, and skybreaker), the CITW loot, and other epic GH items will still be viable end game loot PURELY because all the xpack loot is shit.

Some items will, but anything with a stat on it (Dragon Helms, for example.  Tablecloth is another) is terrible at -3 below max. 

Some items do well against power creep.  The Dragon Armors are one.  Others, that won't be superceded (EE Dream Visor for example) will also be OK.  Quite a bit will be shit. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #164 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 11:41am:
GH helms etc are not "random". There is a fixed, designed, set of attributes.

Ummmm... When the stat can be Str, Dex, or Con of two different variants (6 total combinations) which is selected dynamically when the item is selected in the loot table that is called....wait for it....random. 

More Cdr brilliance.  Lord have mercy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #165 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:56pm:

Agree with this and Flav.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #166 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:34pm:
...but it's like a desert out there...

Yeah, I feel sorry for people just now starting the game. It may simply be the times I play, but I truly cannot remember the last time I saw any of the old "End-game-ish" raids being run. No Piker, no ADQ (Epic or heroic), no ToDs, no Subterrane, no Chrono (Epic or Heroic). Shrouds are still being run, now and then, but at nowhere near the frequency they were before they upped the cap to 25.  If you don't have your Greensteel and other older raid loot now, it's going to be pretty tough to get them in the future (and that gear is STILL pretty useful for TRing, and some of it is useful even at end-game if you haven't been able to grab any of the nicer Eveningstar/Demonweb/EGH gear).

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #167 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 1:37pm:
*rimshot*

I wish I could lay claim to that, but I was genuinely talking about the state of the game Sad

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #168 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:37pm:
Unless it was EE, a full 12 is stupid to wait for.  The leader was a dumb ass.  That's what pugging looks like on all servers when the leader is a tool. 

Well, yes, Captain Obvious, but this was honestly the first time I had seen a DQ not run by me in fucking forever, I thought I would help, for 15 mins at least. And I lack patience and am a cranky bitch at the best of times. My contribution to pugglewuggle land having run away from this was to put High Road slayers up. That way I could go collect them and rez them if they showed signs of not speaking only in shr plz Smiley

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #169 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Bowserkoopa wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 2:30pm:
That is because your VoD didn't have enough sleet storm and globes of invulnerability obviously. Sleet storm and globe makes every raid easier!

Hey I'm only 21 on that toon, I think I get off timer tomorrow.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #170 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:05pm:
Well, yes, Captain Obvious, but this was honestly the first time I had seen a DQ not run by me in fucking forever, I thought I would help, for 15 mins at least. And I lack patience and am a cranky bitch at the best of times. My contribution to pugglewuggle land having run away from this was to put High Road slayers up. That way I could go collect them and rez them if they showed signs of not speaking only in shr plz Smiley

Lol.  I find that most people off peak are TRing.  Most do not bother to put up LFM's.  They just solo and duo stuff.  A lot check the LFM panel, though, and will join an LFM that is already there. 

Often, the LFM panel is kinda barren, but if I'm feeling like running with people and throw up an LFM, I get 2-3 people in short order, typically before I have ship buffs and am at the door.  We will fill more times than not before we are halfway through the first run.

IP Logged

Ewilan
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #171 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 3:47pm:
Lol.  I find that most people off peak are TRing.  Most do not bother to put up LFM's.  They just solo and duo stuff.  A lot check the LFM panel, though, and will join an LFM that is already there. 

Often, the LFM panel is kinda barren, but if I'm feeling like running with people and throw up an LFM, I get 2-3 people in short order, typically before I have ship buffs and am at the door.  We will fill more times than not before we are halfway through the first run. 

Came back yesterday, I was really surprised at the activity on Thelanis. I always put up an LFM, even if the zerg/byoh stuff keeps most folks away from my LFMs, there's always several LFMs in my level range, and ppl doing "endgame".

I really wish turbine would give us a reason to run the old raids, I really miss the goold old days where we could actually use the term raid train.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #172 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Ewilan wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:01pm:
I always put up an LFM, even if the zerg/byoh stuff keeps most folks away from my LFMs

That works on Thelanis? The worst people will join any LFM on Sarlona, no matter what's in the title. I don't think most of them even bother to read it (or can read it, even, considering the huge amount of non-english speakers).

IP Logged

Jackknife of Sarlona
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #173 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I don't understand why most people think that all CitW loot is crap. Some of it definitely is, but Agony, Balizarde, and especially Celestia are, IMO, the best one handers in the game.

Balizarde is like a one handed SoS. If you don't need to worry about DR, dual-wielding these are insane. Incredible damage, especially on crits and if you're getting SA with it.

Agony is great on it's own or paired with epic Midnight Greetings or one of Balizarde or Celestia. On my friend's DPS spreadsheet, it comes in only behind those two for my toon's number crunching.

Celestia, while it doesn't have Balizarde's same profile, is the best overall. It has keen on it, so you don't even need to be piercing specced. 20% radiance chance, great damage, and it breaks DR on nearly everything in the game except for a very few. This sword is just fucking obscene.

I only play a few toons. My rogue is my only melee, so I'm heavily biased towards TWF weapons. But those 3 are uber.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #174 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Jackknife of Sarlona wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 4:17pm:
I don't understand why most people think that all CitW loot is crap. Some of it definitely is, but Agony, Balizarde, and especially Celestia are, IMO, the best one handers in the game.

Balizarde is like a one handed SoS. If you don't need to worry about DR, dual-wielding these are insane. Incredible damage, especially on crits and if you're getting SA with it.

Agony is great on it's own or paired with epic Midnight Greetings or one of Balizarde or Celestia. On my friend's DPS spreadsheet, it comes in only behind those two for my toon's number crunching.

Celestia, while it doesn't have Balizarde's same profile, is the best overall. It has keen on it, so you don't even need to be piercing specced. 20% radiance chance, great damage, and it breaks DR on nearly everything in the game except for a very few. This sword is just fucking obscene.

I only play a few toons. My rogue is my only melee, so I'm heavily biased towards TWF weapons. But those 3 are uber.

it's meh for some, great melee weapons but WTF does a FvS need from that raid?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint