Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New things in Closed Beta that you should read (Read 59000 times)
mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: New things in Closed Beta that you should read
Reply #25 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
reniats wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:56pm:

poor shadow crypt and litany

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:33pm
Print Post  

If that's not accompanied by an XP reduction to get to 20, I'm going to lol pretty hard.  Of course turdbine fanboys will defend the change on the forums no matter what.  Turbine fanboys are seriously the worst.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:40pm
Print Post  

Holy bat shit that's bad! I bet it will help sell a few packs while making many people play this game only a few times a week until they move on to something else out of frustration from no groups! Talk about sticking a fork into dead servers! I wonder if they thought to add a new type of quest xp pot or something to the store that might counter act this? Think of the money they could make if they sold a few new xp items that were good for adding xp that stacked with what they already have for $ale! Less chances at a quest in a week would also seem to make desperate asshats embrace that whole astral shard reroll thing someone reported on above! I sure am glad there giving us Saga's for +1 tomes and guild renown!

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #28 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:22pm:
poor shadow crypt and litany

Please don't make me go to restless isles and some other really sucky places on my TR train...  Please...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  

Holy crap.  That's even worse than the current XP Ransack penalty.  Remember when we were all happy that they were doing something positive about quest XP ransack?  Well, they went ahead and fucked it up.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #30 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
We went from Ransacked to "Kicked in the Sack"...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:46pm:
Holy crap.  That's even worse than the current XP Ransack penalty.  Remember when we were all happy that they were doing something positive about quest XP ransack?  Well, they went ahead and fucked it up.

No kidding.  Wow, that is incredibly punitive.  And WTF is a "quest with a daily bonus"?  Do they just "randomly" pick some shitty quest in the middle of nowhere each day and say "There's your bonus quest, go buy it and run it!"?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #32 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
That change to repeat penalties on quest XP is bullshit.  We should get 3 runs plus one per difficulty (5 total when run in the correct order) before you get hit with a massive penalty.

Not just for TR grinding.  What about when I run a quest on Elite for BB then am going to do a hard run, but a guildie logs in and needs an Elite first before the hard.  Currently, NP.  We bust out another elite and, although we don't get bravery or 1st time bonus, there is no penalty for us to help the guildie out.  Now, we get to suck on a 30% penalty?  On our second run of the quest?  Fuck off.  I'd do it for a guildie, but puggers just got kicked in the nuts hard on that one.  Fewer people will re-run a quest to help someone out.  Or re-run the first parts of a chain if someone joins late. 

It's a terrible decision for grouping, if not TR XP grinding.

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the answer and the extra sincere welcome.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:58pm:
And WTF is a "quest with a daily bonus"?  Do they just "randomly" pick some shitty quest in the middle of nowhere each day and say "There's your bonus quest, go buy it and run it!"?

Daily's are all the rage now I guess...

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #35 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:27am:
Yeah, more FoS'ed loot

Bigjunk wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 1:07pm:
Feather's loot design is 90% the reason for the death of end-game.

Hey, mouser - sic the new guy on this shit.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #36 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Holy fucking crap. 

I mean, I see what they think they're doing with this, but it's going to bite them on the ass.  No more farming high-XP quests; you will run ALL of the content, and you will like it, bitch.  More variety, more pack sales, everyone's a winner baby! 

Even better... they're about to "flatten the XP curve", right?  So there'll be more XP needed at lower levels?  Of course they are; there are more packs at lower levels, and with a mechanic in place to force people to either run a lot more different content than they used to or - failing that - level at a snail's pace, it would be foolhardy in the extreme to NOT front-load the XP more.  6 days to kill that penalty is long enough (for most quests) that you can run everything once again when you're levelling at Epic - addressing the most common gripe about repetition - but the penalty is enough of a kick in the balls that you will indeed need to run everything.

Everyone who wanted them to make old raids relevant again?  Well, congratu-fucking-lations.  You'll need those fuckers for experience now; Turbine are like the Make-a-Wish Foundation from the utmost layer of hell.  No need to upgrade the loot or make the content more compelling, just machine-gun the XP.

I see where they're coming from, I just don't think it's going to pan out how they hope: new F2P players will no longer be hitting teen levels before really feeling the squeeze and needing to buy packs, it'll happen much earlier.  That's not a good thing; you need to get the fish properly on the hook before you try reeling it in.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #37 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:13pm
Print Post  

You have got to be shitting me - welp, won't be coming back from Guild Wars 2 anytime soon.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #38 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:10pm:
Holy fucking crap. 

I mean, I see what they think they're doing with this, but it's going to bite them on the ass.  No more farming high-XP quests; you will run ALL of the content, and you will like it, bitch.  More variety, more pack sales, everyone's a winner baby! 

Even better... they're about to "flatten the XP curve", right?  So there'll be more XP needed at lower levels?  Of course they are; there are more packs at lower levels, and with a mechanic in place to force people to either run a lot more different content than they used to or - failing that - level at a snail's pace, it would be foolhardy in the extreme to NOT front-load the XP more.  6 days to kill that penalty is long enough (for most quests) that you can run everything once again when you're levelling at Epic - addressing the most common gripe about repetition - but the penalty is enough of a kick in the balls that you will indeed need to run everything.

Everyone who wanted them to make old raids relevant again?  Well, congratu-fucking-lations.  You'll need those fuckers for experience now; Turbine are like the Make-a-Wish Foundation from the utmost layer of hell.  No need to upgrade the loot or make the content more compelling, just machine-gun the XP.

I see where they're coming from, I just don't think it's going to pan out how they hope: new F2P players will no longer be hitting teen levels before really feeling the squeeze and needing to buy packs, it'll happen much earlier.  That's not a good thing; you need to get the fish properly on the hook before you try reeling it in.

If you're forced to run all content, then no need to create anything new.
Anyone re-posted to official forums yet?

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
This is game-breaking.  Congrats Turbine.  You folks are fucking idiots.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #40 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Thought when they were talking about sorting out ransack for quests they were leaving everything else alone.

It won't affect me, because I play so rarely. But it will be a disincentive to playing a toon more regularly. This can't e what they are aiming for, right?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #41 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Good bye Delera 2,4, Libram of the Six, Xorian, Fathom, SHADOWCRYPT, Maraud, Von3, Framework, WIZ KING, Trial, Vol , Gop, LITANY,  Missing, Sane Asylum, RTWD, Etk and Monastery farms.
ETK AND MONASTERY IS THE ONLY THING THAT PREVENTS MASS INSANITY111!!!!.
Good job, now noone will ever join dying newbies. Now Turd can totally cap in 3 months with 30 % pots burning !  Fuck my life.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:10pm:
Holy fucking crap. 

I think you hit the nail on the fucking head. I think the problem is that while those raids are necessary now how the fuck you going find enough people at level to do them all for xp? I can think of the last time I ran many of those raids for xp. Also now that we are so reliant on streak bonuses seems like we may have to do them at one level over instead of two in order to not take a 10% penalty on normal. Which will make my groups a lot less PUG friendly. Past level 20 Epic's will be a nightmare to get into if you PUG now.

It seems like a really counter productive and stupid business practice. When you kill the community and kill the farming you kill the $ales. You buy a pack once. But how many people bought an XP pot every time they TR'ed and tear farmed, shadow farmed etc.

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:01pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
So who is going to take this to the official forums?  I want to see this posted in General Discussion in a few minutes.  Come on somebody.

I agree with 0bama...

Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #44 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:38pm:
So who is going to take this to the official forums?  I want to see this posted in General Discussion in a few minutes.  Come on somebody.
Turd or Postcoitushumus will. He will also tell us how he plays golf, has great wife, shitload of money to buy EE shit, and how we have been all losers so far and only NOW we can enjoy the game to the fullest.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:45pm:
Turd or Postcoitushumus will. He will also tell us how he plays golf, has great wife, shitload of money to buy EE shit, and how we have been all losers so far and only NOW we can enjoy the game to the fullest.

Props.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:51pm by IMARANGER »  

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #46 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:45pm:
Postcoitushumus

that shit is win!

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:38pm:

Bet it gets taken down faster than a dick in a tattoo contest.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Something just occurred to me.  Maybe they're going to change the XP required for each life to equal the first life at the same time as they make this change.  Even changing the 3rd+ life XP to current second life amount would be fine with me at the same time as the ransack change.

I mean, they can't be this fucking stupid, can they?

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #49 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:20pm:
Something just occurred to me.  Maybe they're going to change the XP required for each life to equal the first life at the same time as they make this change.  Even changing the 3rd+ life XP to current second life amount would be fine with me at the same time as the ransack change.

I mean, they can't be this fucking stupid, can they?

You didn't just ask that question with a straight face, did you?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint