Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New things in Closed Beta that you should read (Read 58986 times)
Slug
Shroud Slacker

Re: New things in Closed Beta that you should read
Reply #50 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
This is the same bullshit they've been doing since U14 (and before?).  They come out with something mindblowingly fucking stupid then scale it back so the retarded masses will look at it and say "Oh, this is much better than what they were planning."  Wail of the Banshee and Haunted comes to mind.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:20pm:
Something just occurred to me.  Maybe they're going to change the XP required for each life to equal the first life at the same time as they make this change.  Even changing the 3rd+ life XP to current second life amount would be fine with me at the same time as the ransack change.

I mean, they can't be this fucking stupid, can they?

It's pretty obvious they're doing this for two reasons:

1. Get people to login daily.  More logging in = more opportunity to sell stuff to customers. This is the purpose of the Daily Dice.
2. Sell more content. 

Turbine's approach sucks donkey balls for #2.  If they want to sell more content, they could easily provide 50% XP bonus to a specific pack so people have a reason to buy the pack.  Rotate the pack(s) periodically.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:25pm:
You didn't just ask that question with a straight face, did you?

I have reservoirs of hope and innocence that not even Turbine has yet drained.  Mostly because I haven't let Turbine access those reservoirs before now.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #53 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:32pm:
I have reservoirs of hope and innocence that not even Turbine has yet drained.  Mostly because I haven't let Turbine access those reservoirs before now.

bend over, the are coming for your reservoirs Cheesy

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:38pm
Print Post  

Repetition Penalty:

The Repetition Penalty system is in the process of being changed.
Please note that the values currently on Lamannia are place-holder values!
More information here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...est-XP-Changes

from here http://chopapp.com/#1gl045vt

IP Logged

reniats
Korthos Resident

!amarD evoL I

Reply #55 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:39pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
reniats wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:39pm:

The man has balls.  You go!  And thanks.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:38pm:
Repetition Penalty:

The Repetition Penalty system is in the process of being changed.
Please note that the values currently on Lamannia are place-holder values!
More information here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...est-XP-Changes

from here http://chopapp.com/#1gl045vt

The plan being:

Outrage the playerbase with some truly horrible numbers, then reduce the penalty so that its just plain horrible. Players feel like they have a minor victory, Turbine laugh at us knowing they settled with what they had always planned.

In theory this is a good idea for most players if there is a reasonable reward for running all content (so there is a penalty for running the same dungeon, but a reward for running new dungeons). Only the really hard core want to chain farm a handful of dungeons for XP.

We do it, but it gets so tiring running dungeons 10 or 12 times over 10 or 12 lives.

In practice Im sure Turbine will get it all wrong. They have far too much experience with this.

I still dont understand why they dont just fix the XP in the really shitty dungeons. We all know which ones need help. There have been dozens and dozens of threads on the worst dungeons.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #58 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:38pm:
Repetition Penalty:

Not much they can do to fix it to make me ever want to spend money on Turbine again.

Last time, I spent money on an expansion and they nerfed the ruleset.

This time, I didn't spend the money because I figured they would screw up the game. Yet again, I see Turbine has met my expectations.

Does it really hurt their butts that someone likes one quest over another? Those devs need to GET OVER IT! So what if someone doesn't want to run your lame quest over someone else's... quit forcing people to play a different way.
FIX BUGS. Quit nerfing things that aren't exploits.

The penalty is complete stupidity:
1) You still have to complete a quest to get XP. It isn't like people are exploiting.
2) Some quests are conducent to certain classes. Forcing every class to run most every quest will just drive people away.
3) Not everyone bought all the quests. This will just drive them away since they are forced to play quests they can't complete.
4) Some of these quests are favorites to run with friends. Heck, some are favorites to run with pugs. Why would I help out a pug where I would get 10% XP instead of 50%?

It is like going to McDonalds and having the manager say, "I am sorry, it does say free refills, but you can't get a full refill of Dr. Pepper again - just a shot glass worth and you have to go back to the end of the line again. You now need to buy the diet, coffee, lemonaide, and tea to get a full size. Don't forget to pay for another cup!"

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
reniats wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:39pm:

Turbine commence firing!

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:48pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #60 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 12:17am
Print Post  
reniats wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 5:56pm:

This will go horribly wrong even if they reduce the total xp needed to cap, because none of them has ever actually leveled a 3rd life TR. I am willing to bet that it will become more of a grind even if they reduce it to a 2nd life TR xp.

In other words, fuck everything about this.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Here is something to think about. Let's say Turbine had made 1/2 the expansion for levels 15-20 and the other half of it for levels 20-25. Level cap would of stayed at 25. The future addition of another level 25 Raid would of added to end game. If this was the case and these avenues were open to us there would of most likely still been lots of anger if this ransack thing posted about above came to pass but would it of been a little easier to swallow and deal with? To me it's not so much about the nerfing as the lack of resources available to level when my options are being downsized.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #62 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:37pm:
Also now that we are so reliant on streak bonuses

Wait for them to tell us that they are killing Retarded Streak...
I expect the announcement to be tucked somewhere in the middle of the flatten the XP curve.

Personally I don't care about Retarded Streak, it kills Pugging, it kills challenging quests.
The old system was way better ( more XP if you are below the quest level ( 10% for each level difference between the highest party member and the quest level with a cap at 50% + first times Bonus when applicable ) ), and doing VON 3 as a LVL 5 party was challenging.
And you had a lot of fun doing it... sure you didn't zerg it, but that wasone of the points : zerg = quest at level, no bonus, slow = quests 5 level higher than the party, heaps of bonus.
And last to do quests that way you had to be in a full party, soloing or duoing was not cutting it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #63 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 6:52am
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 12:17am:
This will go horribly wrong even if they reduce the total xp needed to cap... [snip]

But they're not, so far as I've ever heard.  They're "rebalancing the XP curve", which just means they're pushing more of the XP requirement to earlier levels.  That actually will help a bit as there's more low-level than high-level content, but I doubt it'll help anything like enough.

Another side-effect of the change that they're probably counting on is that zerging by default will more-or-less get killed as a strategy for best XP/min.  If you can only run a quest once at a given difficulty for decent XP, it doesn't make sense to ignore the bonuses in many quests.  Sure, in some it will still not be worth your while to kill and/or break everything... but that just became very much a case-by case decision.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 7:18am
Print Post  
I hadn't seen yet that Quest Ransack. Bullshit.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #65 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 6:52am:
But they're not, so far as I've ever heard.  They're "rebalancing the XP curve", which just means they're pushing more of the XP requirement to earlier levels.  That actually will help a bit as there's more low-level than high-level content, but I doubt it'll help anything like enough.

If they push the XP requirements to earlier levels AND go ahead with this dumb repetition change at the same time, we might be looking at some really grueling grind at early levels, far worse than anyone might expect. Think of the shortest high XP low-level quests, like Durk's, Info is Key, Butcher's Path, Ringleader, Stealthy Repossession, The Way to Zulkash, etc. Now you can't do these quickly and repeatedly in order to get past lower levels, but have to actually do as many of them as possible. You can't pick and choose what you want to run, because now you have to run everything.

Like Carpone said, this looks like they are really trying to sell content. And no matter how they do it, we know they will fuck it up, because their history with new things is a wonderful indicator of that.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #66 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 9:30am
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 8:44am:
If they push the XP requirements to earlier levels AND go ahead with this dumb repetition change at the same time, we might be looking at some really grueling grind at early levels, far worse than anyone might expect. Think of the shortest high XP low-level quests, like Durk's, Info is Key, Butcher's Path, Ringleader, Stealthy Repossession, The Way to Zulkash, etc. Now you can't do these quickly and repeatedly in order to get past lower levels, but have to actually do as many of them as possible. You can't pick and choose what you want to run, because now you have to run everything.

Like Carpone said, this looks like they are really trying to sell content. And no matter how they do it, we know they will fuck it up, because their history with new things is a wonderful indicator of that.

I'm honestly not worried about low levels.  I get to level 5 on a 2 TR with just an EE BB.  I get to level 7 the same way and the only P2P packs I use are Tangleroot, STK, and Catacombs. 

It's 12-20 where this will be felt.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #67 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
So much stuff changing, 3 more levels, a few more quests, more loot choices. One thing I DON'T see in the list - ANY options at all for additional storage, shared or otherwise.

MajMal - has there been ANY discussion at all of giving us some more bank space? If not, why?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #68 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 4:08pm:
So much stuff changing, 3 more levels, a few more quests, more loot choices. One thing I DON'T see in the list - ANY options at all for additional storage, shared or otherwise.

MajMal - has there been ANY discussion at all of giving us some more bank space? If not, why?

This is actually pretty important, especially with Feather out-dating your loot every update.  We need to hold on to more shit unless your plan is to never ever TR again.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
There have been two threads started on the official forums on the ransack issue.  Both have been cubed.  Keep up the good work, folks.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #70 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 4:08pm:

2 Pally 13 Sorc instant Iconic bank toons

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #71 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
WTT 100 Quest Ransack 6 Hour Bypass Timers.  Treats all quests as first time runs for up to 6 hours...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #72 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 9:30am:
I'm honestly not worried about low levels.  I get to level 5 on a 2 TR with just an EE BB.  I get to level 7 the same way and the only P2P packs I use are Tangleroot, STK, and Catacombs. 

It's 12-20 where this will be felt.

We don't know if BB will be kept as it is currently. With the magnitude of this XP overhaul and the incompetence of the people doing it, it may very well end up becoming an innocent bystander or an intended target.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #73 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 9:30am:
I'm honestly not worried about low levels.  I get to level 5 on a 2 TR with just an EE BB. 

Uh-huh.  They're redoing the XP curve, so we've really no idea whatsoever whether the low levels will or will not be a problem; the current ease of getting to L5 without repeating isn't relevant.  If you're prepared to run all the content, this probably will remain the case because there are a lot of low-level packs, but that's kinda the point.

*sigh*  They really are going to an awful lot of trouble to prevent Rusted Blades / Impossible Demands farming for incoming players and new toons, aren't they?  It's going to be SO much fun to level destinies when all this comes to pass.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #74 - Jul 14th, 2013 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 6:30pm:
2 Pally 13 Sorc instant Iconic bank toons

Maybe it's just me, but more bank toons just don't help me at all. Unless we get account wide search or you keep spreadsheet with shit you got ( well fuck me ), moar bank space doesn't help.  It helps for a while, but then it fills with shit you forget about and you are back at point where you started Smiley
Persiflage wrote on Jul 14th, 2013 at 7:50pm:
It's going to be SO much fun to level destinies when all this comes to pass.

Gotta cap destinies before it goes live !
Less toons = good thing ( eat that altoholics ). No way in hell I am rolling more after Shadowfell.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Send TopicPrint