Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lam Beta Gameplay. Anyone here playing there? (Read 9687 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Lam Beta Gameplay. Anyone here playing there?
Reply #25 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I pre-ordered when it came available despite serious misgivings.   Regardless I would not trade EE loot (if I had any) except for other EE loot.

For some reason (I can't seem to fathom) DDO Official Forums will now let me login and I've read some of the Beta Stuff myself.

Honestly Carpone's write ups on the Builds thread is about the most exciting thing I've seen so far.

Some of the other build combos have potential.   

Working on a 2nd life toon 2Rogue/14Fighter... I'm really thinking about taking 1 more level of fighter and 3 Monk and building some chimera bastard of a toon after enh pass.  Can always LR+20 or TR or whatever.

Eager to cap my pure Arti and check out the full movement speed with rune arm charging/ed + CL20 from items.

I have an unplayed 2nd life Helf lvl 20 PM that has potential via TR or LR+20.

I think I'll have too many good choices for Mokune sitting at 9Monk/11Ranger to really wrap my mind around that.

Would be really goddamned fucking nice if Completionist became an Auto-Grant in U19....would be fucking-a-brilliant but /shrug

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 1:49pm:
You are a retarded fanboi Turbine apologist and nothing more.

Die in a fire.

You are a whiny crybaby little bitch who tantrums like a toddler who had his rattle taken away every time they change something. 

Quit complaining and grow a pair. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #27 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 3:45pm:
You are a whiny crybaby little bitch who tantrums like a toddler who had his rattle taken away every time they change something. 

Quit complaining and grow a pair. 

Oh come on, I expect better than this.  What kind of lame attempt at trolling is this?  You go to cry baby and lack of balls on the first retort?

You're even too stupid to troll properly.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 10:53am:
But that completely ruing Ashera's fanboi asshole narrative.  I did the same, bought a code with a gear trade.  Why buy something when people will give it away?

The "private" beta is beyond stupid.  Everything gets leaked in people's guild forums and places like this anyway.  There's no point in trying to keep it secret.   

right... like gmail accounts back in the day.  create faux exclusivityto create perceived value, when buzz inevitably starts, don't take action to stop it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
Oh come on, I expect better than this.  What kind of lame attempt at trolling is this?  You go to cry baby and lack of balls on the first retort?

You're even too stupid to troll properly.

Thats because it's not trolling. 

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 18th, 2013 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 1:36pm:
I posted a Suggestions thread about that over a year ago... they said, basically, that they were looking at it, but it was hard for some undisclosed reason.

Because the real designers left years ago. What they have now is people who know how to bash new stuff on top of old stuff. They dont know how to fix the old stuff.

If they wanted to really fix up the game engine they would have to:

1. care
2. hire people who know what they are doing

I dont know if we see evidence of either of those things. Especially if there isnt an obvious way to make money out of it.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #31 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:11am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 7:28pm:
If they wanted to really fix up the game engine they would have to:

1. care
2. hire people who know what they are doing

^QFT (the extent of my opinion ends here...)

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #32 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 1:49pm:
You are a retarded fanboi Turbine apologist and nothing more.

Die in a fire.

I agree with Bigjunk.  When others post their objective posts your claws come out Asheras.  You made my little list on the Vault with Gunga. 

Maybe it is the way your written word comes across on screen, but you do seem to come across as a Turbine fanboi with the attitude that you and only you are correct.

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 10:36am:
I've got beta access, but, yeah passing info to people who didn't want to pony up?  No thanks.  You wanna know whats going on?  Get the pack. 

Some of us want details before deciding to buy the pack. Closed beta as it is is like telling people they cant see previews for a movie unless they buy the ticket to see the movie itself.

You support this model?

Is it because your butt hurts from letting Turbine convince you it was a good idea to buy the xpac before they told you exactly what was in it and you want all of our butts to hurt equally as much?

You a WB stockholder?

Newsflash- Turbine and WB have quite clearly demonstrated that they are out for our money and not particularly interested in much else from us. We all work together or get rammed from behind one after another.

So join the union (in this case share information) or quit being a scab.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Shmuel wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 10:50am:
Some of us want details before deciding to buy the pack. Closed beta as it is is like telling people they cant see previews for a movie unless they buy the ticket to see the movie itself.

You support this model?

Is it because your butt hurts from letting Turbine convince you it was a good idea to buy the xpac before they told you exactly what was in it and you want all of our butts to hurt equally as much?

You a WB stockholder?

Newsflash- Turbine and WB have quite clearly demonstrated that they are out for our money and not particularly interested in much else from us. We all work together or get rammed from behind one after another.

So join the union (in this case share information) or quit being a scab.

Your analogy is off. It's more like you don't get to see an early cut of a teaser trailer without some connection to the film...

You wanna bitch about the shitty job advertising the pre-order, without so much as quest information; Yup, I agree completely. But thinking you're entitled to the same privilege and access without the same investment is ... wow... I dunno. childish? greedy? the american way?

And Newsflash - Since WB and Turbine have demonstrated that all they want is the money, they don't give a shit if you know a fucking thing about the product. Your feedback is meaningless to them since you have no knowledge of it - only hearsay. More noise, less signal - as they approach crunch time.

Whining here (Notice that MajMal hasn't even been around for the last week or so) accomplishes nothing. I bought a ticket to the show and don't want to jeopardize my ability to make a contribution that enhances my enjoyment simply to satisfy your curiosity.

In summation:
No. Fuck You.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #35 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:29am
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:10am:
Your analogy is off. It's more like you don't get to see an early cut of a teaser trailer without some connection to the film...

You wanna bitch about the shitty job advertising the pre-order, without so much as quest information; Yup, I agree completely. But thinking you're entitled to the same privilege and access without the same investment is ... wow... I dunno. childish? greedy? the american way?

And Newsflash - Since WB and Turbine have demonstrated that all they want is the money, they don't give a shit if you know a fucking thing about the product. Your feedback is meaningless to them since you have no knowledge of it - only hearsay. More noise, less signal - as they approach crunch time.

Whining here (Notice that MajMal hasn't even been around for the last week or so) accomplishes nothing. I bought a ticket to the show and don't want to jeopardize my ability to make a contribution that enhances my enjoyment simply to satisfy your curiosity.

In summation:
No. Fuck You.

No, fuck you.

Whether or not someone purchases the shadowfail expansion, they are getting the new enhancements. Ready or not. I don't give two shits about previewing the new "expansion", I just want to see what they changed since the last time I was on Lamannia with the enhancements. Let me on Lamannia and keep me out of the new quests, I don't really give a shit. What I am concerned with are changes to the enhancements. If they can keep me out of the new stuff on live because I haven't purchased it, I'm pretty sure they can keep me out of the new stuff on Lamannia. Well maybe not, because version control is something that Turbine can't seem to master.

By gating access to the most recent preview to only those people who have enough faith or not enough common sense to pre-order, they are going to get shitty feedback from people who are either unwilling to see and point out the flaws or unable. They'll get fanbois or naive noobs, with a sprinkling of actual decent feedback.

Because literally EVERYONE is affected by the enhancement changes. f2p, premium and vip. ALL OF US. Keeping people out because they didn't drink the Flavor Aid is fucking silly.

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:31am by rest »  

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #36 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:43am
Print Post  
I don't mind not having access to the new quests - that's fine, I wouldn't expect that. However, given the scope of the changes coming to EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER I HAVE, I would really like a chance to both copy them over to Lamma and then play around with them before I have to commit to a particular build once this all goes live. (Unfortunately, the last time I tried character copy it wouldn't work for any of my characters, so... yeah)

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:49am
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:10am:

In summation:
No. Fuck You.

Good job on missing my point entirely while managing to remain indignant and self-righteous at the same time.

Do I think I am "entitled" to anything? not especially
Do I think turbine is at all interested in what I think? no.

I do think that since we all are getting assfucked by these greedy bastards we might as well stick together.

To me, that means if one or more of us has information useful to others in helping them spend their dollars more effectively, we should. That is part of looking out for others, instead of being a greedy self-serving asshat.

Are you afraid that Turbine will find your ingame account based on your vault username and ban you from beta? Make up a fake username. Or quit being a fucking coward.

You want to defend the system they have put in place, and insist I pay them money to get some information you could have shared with no more effort than it took you to write a post telling me to fuck off? That makes you, IMO, an asshole. Especially since you gain nothing by acting in such a way.

So yeah, Fuck you- Right back at ya.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Shmuel wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:49am:
Good job on missing my point entirely while managing to remain indignant and self-righteous at the same time.

Do I think I am "entitled" to anything? not especially
Do I think turbine is at all interested in what I think? no.

I do think that since we all are getting assfucked by these greedy bastards we might as well stick together.

To me, that means if one or more of us has information useful to others in helping them spend their dollars more effectively, we should. That is part of looking out for others, instead of being a greedy self-serving asshat.

Are you afraid that Turbine will find your ingame account based on your vault username and ban you from beta? Make up a fake username. Or quit being a fucking coward.

You want to defend the system they have put in place, and insist I pay them money to get some information you could have shared with no more effort than it took you to write a post telling me to fuck off? That makes you, IMO, an asshole. Especially since you gain nothing by acting in such a way.

So yeah, Fuck you- Right back at ya.

No no no.. fuck you!

The shit's in beta. It's changing all the time. Hell at the moment they're not even showing us all the changes they're making from the feedback already given.

You're basing your decision on buying a car by seeing the chasis. It ain't done. What's in there isn't going to ship as is. Your decision to buy is no more or less informed now than if you wait for the damn product to be released.

Participating in the beta is about participation, not grass-roots salesman ship from my perspective. Tell ya what, you walk into the whitehouse, make a rant that since you pay taxes you have a RIGHT to know every piece of top secret classified information, and if that actually works, I'll tell you. People have secrets. It's not my place to tell other's secrets especially after I agreed not to. Fucking deal with it, asshole.

So a hunter's in the woods and is startled by a branch snapping behind him. He drops his shotgun as he turns around to see a girzzly there, that seems to smirk at the opportunity and rapes him.
After his wounds recover, the skittish hunter goes back determined to exact his revenge and shoot that bear, only to get raped again.
Another month passes and the hunter is more determined than ever, only to hear a grizzled, bearish voice say "You're not here for the hunting, are ya..."

If you really think you're repeatedly getting assfucked by turbine, you must enjoy it.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #39 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Shmuel wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 10:50am:

You support this model?

Is it because your butt hurts from letting Turbine convince you it was a good idea to buy the xpac before they told you exactly what was in it...

"But you have to buy the pak so that you can find out what's in it....”
--GreyMouser

(Terms and Conditions: GreyMouser never said any such thing, I'm just giving him shit Cheesy)

IP Logged

Rincewind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Can at least someone tell us if the quest are worth buying at least?

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #41 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Rincewind wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:42pm:
Can at least someone tell us if the quest are worth buying at least?

Ooooh wait, lemme try to beat the answer - as someone who's not played in MONTHS, I predict NO.

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
People have secrets. It's not my place to tell other's secrets especially after I agreed not to. Fucking deal with it, asshole.

That's my point. Perhaps its philosophical. IMO, if someone, or an entity such as a corporation or government, is keeping secrets, then the people who know those secrets have 2 options:

1. Not tell other people, as they agreed to or were forced to agree to.

2. Tell other people anyway if you think people could benefit from knowing them and either cover your tracks (preferable)or suffer the consequences (noble but pointless).

Which option you choose probably depends on how you view the goodness or badness of the entity keeping the secret, the goodness or badness of that secret remaining secret, and how much you care to help or not help the people being kept in the dark.

I view turbine/wb as more or less bad, at least in the sense that they are trying to get money without offering a fair value for it, or even allowing people to know what they are getting.

IMO, the only value in that secret staying secret is their ability to minimize the information available to potential customers and therefore improve their ability to charge more for less (since a fair value for the money wouldn't be worth keeping secret).

I'd like to think the players of this game, and people in general would show some solidarity with one another in defiance of those who would try to rip us off.

Since it seems like you seem to believe either :

a. Turbine is inherently good and therefore worth keeping your word to. In which case I think you are a misguided fool.

b. its important they sell as many xpacs as possible without customers knowing what they are getting. In which case it suggests to me you have a financial stake in the issue, and are therefore part of the rip-off system I dislike to begin with.

or

c. You just don't like to or want to help other people. In which case I think you are an asshole. 

feel free to clarify which of these it is, or if my logic is somehow flawed.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Or D.
Entity A says "do this for me and I'll do this for you." Entity B agrees, and they enter a relationship. That forms a 'We'. Entity C says 'I don't want to do that for you, but I want you to do for me anyway." Entity A says "No." Entity C then goes to Entity B saying "I still want what Entity A would have done for me. You give it to me, and I'll do nothing for you."  Entity B says "No."

Or E.
There's an ancillary business in journalism and bloggers and such. Entity A giving away everything undermines the relationships that Entity A has entered with Entities X, Y, and Z and Entities X, Y, and Z's livelihoods.

Or F.
I just don't think some random person on the internet trying to manipulate me into a false sense of camaraderie and 'sticking it to the man' is worth violating my own personal ethics and breaking an agreement I made. Maybe I just see through the emotional ploys and false morality. Perhaps if I was part of the dragon's riddle in Litany flagging, I'd be lawful neutral.

Or G.
I think your reasoning is specious. You want to make an informed decision about what by all accounts is volatile, ever changing, and guaranteed not to be reliable information to form a conclusion on. I understand I would be undermining your stated goal (making an informed opinion) by giving you incomplete misinformation.

But good on you, earnestly, for making your plea in the Turbine forums to get what you want instead of trying to make an end-run around their original decision to not include you in the changing details of their plans.

p.s. fuck fuck douchebag fuck.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #44 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Lots of metaphors in here. Car metaphors, taxpayer metaphors, ass-raping metaphors, journalist metaphors. Weird.

And yet you still refuse to answer why something that affects literally every single character in the entire game is gated off based on whether or not you purchased the expansion. If the ONLY thing being previewed was the expansion and associated quests/wilderness areas, that would be fine. But the fact that they are still making changes to the enhancements, changes to stealth and AI, changes to how XP ransack works and not letting regular players in to give feedback... well that's shitty.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Shmuel wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 1:11pm:
That's my point. Perhaps its philosophical. IMO, if someone, or an entity such as a corporation or government, is keeping secrets, then the people who know those secrets have 2 options:

1. Gratify my curiosity.

2. Respect their confidence and honor their agreements.

ftfy.

p.s. I don't give a fuck about you nor your curiosity.

rest wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 2:05pm:
Lots of metaphors in here. Car metaphors, taxpayer metaphors, ass-raping metaphors, journalist metaphors. Weird.

And yet you still refuse to answer why something that affects literally every single character in the entire game is gated off based on whether or not you purchased the expansion. If the ONLY thing being previewed was the expansion and associated quests/wilderness areas, that would be fine. But the fact that they are still making changes to the enhancements, changes to stealth and AI, changes to how XP ransack works and not letting regular players in to give feedback... well that's shitty.

Okay, I'll answer. It's not my decision to make. Freedom of speech is not an obligation to be heard.

And while I agree that it's shitty, take it up with Turbine. It's their call.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2013 at 2:17pm by AnalFissure »  

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
Or F.
I just don't think some random person on the internet trying to manipulate me into a false sense of camaraderie and 'sticking it to the man' is worth violating my own personal ethics and breaking an agreement I made. Maybe I just see through the emotional ploys and false morality. Perhaps if I was part of the dragon's riddle in Litany flagging, I'd be lawful neutral.

That seems like the most likely scenario. I just suppose my alignment is more like chaotic (i'd like to say good, but that seems a bit presumptuous).

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Shmuel wrote on Jul 19th, 2013 at 2:54pm:
That seems like the most likely scenario. I just suppose my alignment is more like chaotic (i'd like to say good, but that seems a bit presumptuous).

Or H.
You're on the Vault and some chaotic-evil Machiavellian fucker will jerk around any douchebag with his hand out in a manner guaranteed to push their buttons.
Hi Welcome
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2013 at 3:10pm by AnalFissure »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #48 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 18th, 2013 at 10:36am:
A lot of the bitching and moaning was actually a lack of outside the box thinking.

Pfffff. Yeah, that was it. Not the interface first, system later design at all.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Nobody with a brain is playing there.  Of course, there are a lot of Turbine fanbois and gimps who are dicking around in the content.

Also, I vote Chaotic Good.  Lawful Good is for subservient little pussies.  Lawful Neutral is for subservient idiots.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint