Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Anyone else missing Astral Shards? (Read 11395 times)
pape
Dragon Raider

Re: Anyone else missing Astral Shards?
Reply #25 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 9:49am:
If astral shards are worthless, can I have yours?

I don't know about your server, but if you want to buy/sell EE items on Orien it's done through the Astral Shard Auction House.  The regular auction house is a ghost town.  Love it or hate it, astral shards have an integral place in completing transactions within DDO.

Anyone playing for any length of time has more plat than they know what to do with.  The only plat sink I have across four multi-TR/end-game toons is replenishing Yugoloth potions.  I make more plat than I can spend, even after buying frivolous things like 4 lightning-split soar wood for 1mil because I'm too lazy to farm them.

sure, what server? Orien? I will see if I have any on there. We can open up a trade window and I'll hand them to you.  If you don't want to do that, give me a toon name I'll mail them.

Oh wait.........  Shocked
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:27pm by pape »  

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 9:51am:
So what do you do with shit you don't need ? Sell for plat ?Trade for TP ? Barter for other stuff you are too lazy to farm/unlucky to pull ?
Or unless you are complete retard, get thousands of shards and buy shit you want from Asah without spending a cent.
Asah is fucking awesome !

Ones mans trash is another treasure.  Just so happens what you value is trash.

I look at AS and the ASAH as a worthless endeavor.

As for stuff I want, I will farm it. If I get it cool, if not a guildmate likely will and I will procure it that way. .

There's nothing in this game that I want bad enough to fall into the as trap.

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #27 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 9:18am:
You pretty much just described "money", right there. 

Like it or hate it, if enough people agree that a thing is exchangeable for other things of value, it's "worth" something, in much the same way that crafting essences were a de facto currency for some months after Cannith crafting was released.

There's a difference though between money and even an in-game currency versus astral shards. The fact is in a gaming environment if you want to acquire wealth you work for it. You farm goods that can be traded for other goods or plat.

The astral shards are not a commodity limited by any such constraints. They are a defacto turbine approved exploit. Any asswad like Encar can open their wallet buy some AS and deck themselves out with Orien's latest and greatest EE gear.

The monetary value of the shards is rendered meaningless as a result - as long as there is a theoretical unlimited supply of them, they hold no value.

edit: I should say - they hold no value for me.

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:26pm by pape »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #28 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:10pm:
Ones mans trash is another treasure.  Just so happens what you value is trash.

I look at AS and the ASAH as a worthless endeavor.

As for stuff I want, I will farm it. If I get it cool, if not a guildmate likely will and I will procure it that way. .

There's nothing in this game that I want bad enough to fall into the as trap.

Well, I have 1000 AS left after buying and selling some gear on the ASAH. Some of what I sold are old BTCoE items I no longer use (holy symbol of lolth, drow khopeshes, dun robar rings etc)that would have otherwise been sold for plat or left to rot in the bank. The things I bought were stuff that I wanted but didn't have any luck farming for or lacked the desire to farm for out of quests I don't like to run.

On the first day the ASAH opened, I sold a cloak of ice with the clickie on it for 450. Why wouldn't I use it? How is it a trap? It cost me literally nothing. It's no more a trap than farming for loot is a trap, or buying stuff off the plat ah is. Or hell getting it from a guild mate. They farmed for it and spent time getting the item and then they are giving it to you. What's the exchange there? Loot for friendship? For guildmate-ship? Obviously you provided something to them that they felt was worth giving you that item you wanted. Sometimes my guildies don't have the items I want, so I look elsewhere. Sometimes that happens to be on the ASAH. I have spent $0 on AS. I have spent 0TP on AS. How am I trapped?

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #29 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:52pm:
I have spent $0 on AS.

this is what everyone says. every. single. time.

Why try to justify to me? I could care less how you spend your real life money. 

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 2:59pm:
sure, what server? Orien? I will see if I have any on there. We can open up a trade window and I'll hand them to you.  If you don't want to do that, give me a toon name I'll mail them.

Oh wait.........  Shocked

I put a worthless item on the ASAH and you buy it with your worthless shards.  Easy.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #31 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 6:10pm:
this is what everyone says. every. single. time.

Why try to justify to me? I could care less how you spend your real life money. 

Well obviously you do care, even just a tiny little bit.

I'm not trying to justify anything to you. I just don't understand how it's a "trap". Elucidate for me.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:24pm:
The monetary value of the shards is rendered meaningless as a result - as long as there is a theoretical unlimited supply of them, they hold no value.

Oh, you mean like the US Treasury printing money?  Grin

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #33 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:24pm:
Oh, you mean like the US Treasury printing money?  Grin

Yes, because there is a real equivalent between the real word and digitized pixels.
  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #34 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:12pm:
I put a worthless item on the ASAH and you buy it with your worthless shards.  Easy.

And that says what? that the AS are a gimmick designed to alleviate the weak minded from their money... and yeah, its okay you can say it ... we all know you are going to ... "i've never spent money on Astral shards"

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #35 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:23pm:
Well obviously you do care, even just a tiny little bit.

I'm not trying to justify anything to you. I just don't understand how it's a "trap". Elucidate for me.

If you don't understand b now, I'm pretty sure you wont be able to figure it out.

But one day down the road when you are breaking out the CC to bu some shards.... then maybe you will understand.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #36 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 10:38am:
Cept I lost 202... quite sure about the amount. Also incredibly unlikely I managed to click AS button that many times, unless it's bugged and taking AS in addition to PP.

I've pretty much written it off at this point anyway.

talk to support.  well fill in the form on the website. if you can show that the fuckup is theirs you will get refunded.  probably

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #37 - Jul 26th, 2013 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:24pm:
Yes, because there is a real equivalent between the real word and digitized pixels.
  Roll Eyes

May not be equal but not too far difference.  If the Yanks keep things up they way they are well pretty soon they will be worth about the same!

Ohhhhh ... maybe that is Turdbin's plan all along.   They's all gonna be gazillionaires!!

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #38 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Any asswad like Encar can open their wallet buy some AS

Lol dude, last time i spent any Euros on this game was like summer 2011 on bonus points.
Trade EE shit for Otto's, TPs codes or put it on asah, heck I traded plat for TP many times because there is no fucking use for plat. I am not Thrudh, but cheapskate premium.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 7:39am
Print Post  
They are a defacto turbine approved exploit.

Not an exploit when you get little to no in game advantage. The game is now so easy and simple that being able to buy gear outright make little difference.

a few years ago I would have agreed with you on some points, but now... who really cares what they do to a game before maint mode.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint