Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Guild Renames and Character Transfers (Read 1128 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Guild Renames and Character Transfers
Jul 24th, 2013 at 10:53am
Print Post  
http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/421004-Update-The-current-status-of-Cha...

Quote:
Update: The current status of Character Transfers
Over the past couple of weeks we have re-opened Guild renames and Character Undeletes free of charge for premium and VIP players. We are excited about the changes to these services, and hope you are as well.

That said, we realize that the most sought-after service that has been put on hold is the Character Transfer, and we wanted to take a moment to provide everyone with an update.

Due to increased volume over the last few months we had to temporarily close down our Paid Services. It had become apparent that in order for us to continue to provide efficient, quality support to all players, this was a necessity. A few weeks ago we were able to start providing these services again , and Character Transfers are next.

We are not yet ready to set a time for the return of Character Transfers. As mentioned back in March, we are making changes to the Character Transfer service. In an effort to make Character Transfers quick and easy for players, we are working on making them automated! However, it is taking more time than initially expected to make this an automated service. We realize that players really, really want these transfers back as soon as possible, so our plan is to bring them back before the automated transfer system is ready. Please note that Character Transfers will continue to be a Paid Service, not a Premium Service similar to Guild renames or character undeletes.

We are working out the best way to bring this service back as soon as we can, while maintaining acceptable turnaround times and avoiding any other problems that may arise. Once again, we will provide another update as soon as we have one. Your patience as we work this out is greatly appreciated.

-Carpe Noctem
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:45pm by OnePercenter »  

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Re: Guild Renames and Character Transfers
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Updated...

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Would be nice if they made it so you could move a character to a server it's been on before, but probably not. Hopefully it'll at least be a more robust process now.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I wouldnt have minded that Character Undelete service a couple of years ago. I carefully moved all the gear off then deleted the toon, only to then remember that I hadnt moved the plat. It was a few hundred thousand plat which now I wouldnt even blink over, but back then it was the bulk of my savings.

I think at that stage Turbine were charging $20 to Undelete. Ridiculous.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
holy shit free undeletes?

damn they must REALLY want to bring back the old timers

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:57pm:
holy shit free undeletes?

damn they must REALLY want to bring back the old timers

Think of all the content they would have to buy!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint