Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New server Iconic Quickboot (Read 5314 times)
ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

New server Iconic Quickboot
Aug 7th, 2013 at 12:59am
Print Post  
So let's say you roll a fresh Iconic toon (sorc or wiz in this case) on a brand new server.  You've got no money, no guild, no pots/scrolls/etc.  So not very self-sufficient, although as a Bladeforged you can self heal.

What quests would you hit to make the fastest amount money to start to establish a nice supply depot in the bank towards self-sufficiency?  I mean, would vale be possible at that level or would it be just too rough without supplies? 

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Re: New server Iconic Quickboot
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:06am
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 12:59am:
So let's say you roll a fresh Iconic toon (sorc or wiz in this case) on a brand new server.  You've got no money, no guild, no pots/scrolls/etc.  So not very self-sufficient, although as a Bladeforged you can self heal.

What quests would you hit to make the fastest amount money to start to establish a nice supply depot in the bank towards self-sufficiency?  I mean, would vale be possible at that level or would it be just too rough without supplies? 

I would actually start farming Tangleroot gorge for the Fragrant Drowshroods, at L15 you can blaze through it, and might even get a couple lightening split soarwood as well. They were still selling for a nice chunk of change when I stoped playing this last time, but I honestly don't know right now.

Vale is a good choice, you can sell all the GS mats you get, they too were still selling when I last played as well, but again, I wouldn't know if they are still worth it.

Edit: Also deconstruct all the trash loot you pull, you can sell the essences for more than the trash in general, especially the greaters. That is if people still give a fuck about crafting. It isn't good for anything but making leveling gear really. Another broken promise by Fernado there, I wish he were really and truly gone from Turbine, but can't win them all.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:16am by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

syllph
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Just run quests as usual. Anytime you find small/medium eberron dragonshards - sell them. They give bonus to xp and still sell for easy cash. They are random as far as I know, but perhaps someone has some tips on good places to farm them. The large dragonshards don't sell very well, though.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:20am
Print Post  
syllph wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:13am:
Just run quests as usual. Anytime you find small/medium eberron dragonshards - sell them. They give bonus to xp and still sell for easy cash. They are random as far as I know, but perhaps someone has some tips on good places to farm them. The large dragonshards don't sell very well, though.

The only places to farm dragonshards are any quest before the assault on stormreach update came out, they stopped adding them to the game with that update. And I have never had a problem selling the larges, so I don't know what you mean there.

Basically, just grab all your collectible nodes, sparkling dust, deadly feverblanches, eberron dragonshards always sold for me basically overnight before I stopped playing this last time around.

MAGA!

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Good advice, thank you, I'll be looking into these options.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 4:32am
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 12:59am:

Look up tome pages on the servers AH, farm rats n vans then price yours to sell.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 7:05am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:06am:
Edit: Also deconstruct all the trash loot you pull, you can sell the essences for more than the trash in general, especially the greaters. That is if people still give a fuck about crafting. It isn't good for anything but making leveling gear really. Another broken promise by Fernado there, I wish he were really and truly gone from Turbine, but can't win them all.

People buy essences?  It's been two years since crafting was released and then abandoned.  There's a glut of essences in the game.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 7:09am
Print Post  
1) Planar Girds from Xorian Cipher. You can even duo with a hire if you want.

2) Farm tangleroot, I'd suggest doing the chain back to back and getting a bunch of "Visors of the Flesh Render Guards". They are BtA but DeathWard clicky is so-o-o good.

3) Friends, make lots of rich friends Tongue

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 9:49am
Print Post  
I'll start farming tangleroot for the visors also.  Would a 2pal/13cleric or a 2pal/13fvs be better for the taps runs?  or maybe just stick to a sorc/wiz for that.  I guess I could also make a temporary divine iconic focused specifically on Turn Undead.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:30am
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:20am:
The only places to farm dragonshards are any quest before the assault on stormreach update came out, they stopped adding them to the game with that update.

Nope. Got one out of servants of the overlord this weekend.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:38am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:30am:

Interesting. They had stated (they being one of the devs) that they were no longer adding eberron Dragonshards when they were confronted on why they weren't dropping from the assault on stormreach expansion.

I say expansion since it is becoming apparent that updates are now going to be called expansions.

MAGA!

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:12am
Print Post  
depends on the server...not going to be able to make lots of money farming taps and book of legend pieces on wayfinder for instance...there has to be a market Wink

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:38am:
Interesting. They had stated (they being one of the devs) that they were no longer adding eberron Dragonshards when they were confronted on why they weren't dropping from the assault on stormreach expansion.

Generic Random Chests are Generic Random Chests, they can drop anything. ( including weird stuff like Pure Shavarath Iron, I pulled one from a chest last week, and it wasn't in a chest where it usually drops ). 

As there's not that many kind of Generic Random Chest ( it seems there's one or 2 for each level ) all the quests uses it.

Now End Quest Chests are another matter as they have their own personal loot table.
And it's probably true that in these chests the shards don't drop anymore.

( Now I'm no Rodrak, and I don't have the tools he had, I can just make some educated guesses while looking at the Hex content of the files )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:12am:
depends on the server...not going to be able to make lots of money farming taps and book of legend pieces on wayfinder for instance...there has to be a market Wink

Yeah, avoid Wayfinder if you are looking to sell shit for quick money. 

I'd agree with the above.  Make a sorc(or wiz)/pally build with firewall and butcher the hell out of the orchard and Vol.  You will get tome pages and shield fragments pretty easily.  Taps too.  All of it sells well on the AH.  Drowshoods, Lightning split soarwoods, silver flame hymnals, Adamantine ore, and Soul Gem: Essence of Earth are all good to farm and sell for the Alchemical rituals. 

I still see essences move nicely on the AH.  I don't know who buys them, but whenever I throw some out there (because crafting sucks but Loot All doesn't)  they go quickly. 

Now that you can get Moderate and Improved Healing Elixirs, ML 1 GH Potions, and lots of other actually useful fun stuff easily from the collectibles vendors, just about any collectibles can sell at decent prices. 

Some that go pretty well:

Elixir of Improved Healing:
Intact Spore Pod, Planar Spoor, Polished Ore, Glass Phial, Scholarly Notes  (and the Silver Flame Hymnal or Drowshood, but those are too valuable to trade in for a healing pot).

Greater Heroism Pot:
Amulet of the Lost Empire

And all the Denith Collectibles are valuable for the Deneith Pots, especially the +3 variants:
Ritual Anthame, Sanguine Moth, Tear of Vulkoor, Tome: Alchemist's Chapbook

The Tear of Vulkoor usually comes from Gargoyles.  Run the Summoning Chamber quest in House K on Elite and you get like 8 to 10 of them in a very short run.

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #14 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:30am:

My understanding is that they are one of the random loot you could get from any chest, like ddo store junk.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #15 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Goaticorn wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:10pm:
My understanding is that they are one of the random loot you could get from any chest, like ddo store junk.

I believe he is talking about the collectables you get from collectable nodes that can be traded in for XP pots, not the ones found in chests used for cannith crafting.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #16 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:16pm:
I believe he is talking about the collectables you get from collectable nodes that can be traded in for XP pots, not the ones found in chests used for cannith crafting.

You can also find small/medium/large eberron dragonshard fragments in chests; they are much rarer than the purified kind.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:43pm by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #17 - Aug 8th, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Make the old tukaw build in shiradi trim.

Should take almost nothing to level up.

Gear in random junk and comm stuff.  Update gear as it falls to you.

Farm EE tor today, adjust to whatever the end game money quest is each update.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2013 at 1:07pm by Tobril »  

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #18 - Aug 8th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:42pm:
You can also find small/medium/large eberron dragonshard fragments in chests; they are much rarer than the purified kind.

That was what I thought, I pulled a medium once and freaked the fuck out, it was an exciting moment :p

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 2:46am
Print Post  
I haven't paid much attention to the new turn-ins but maybe that's a good way to go to get some cash.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint