Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feather wasn't satisfied... (Read 15698 times)
spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: Feather wasn't satisfied...
Reply #25 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
So most thaumaturgy quarterstaffs become unusable until cap. Unless they've changed the + calculations for them.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #26 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422286-Dev-question-Is-Masterful-Craft...

Quote:
For these purposes, no. Their levels won't be changing.

Their total enhancement values are wonky and all over the place due to issues with how they're set up, so old Thaumaturgy staves aren't compatible with item value progression.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #27 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Yet, don't worry he will fix that soon.

MAGA!

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #28 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Slightly good news anyway.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 11th, 2013 at 11:28pm:
I tried to lose earlier today but was forced to win against my will.

ROFL!

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #30 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Try harder, Fail Moar FTW

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #31 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=5067800#post5067800

The arrogance of this guy is almost unbelieveable:

"This reads as hyperbole to me, which is difficult to respond to. I'll give it my best, though.

Only a few things are increasing the level of existing items:
•Items crafted from the very first Risia Ice Games with "Frost" or "Icy Burst" will go up in level. (Items with "Festival Frost" or "Festival Icy Burst" from more recent Risia Ice Games will NOT go up in level.)
•The bugged rings from a few content packs that had no minimum level at all are finally fixed.
•Very old items with Pure Good from before Pure Good's value was raised from +1 to +2 will increase in level accordingly.

Realistically, this is not negatively affecting most people, and the systematic improvements to the functionality of the game that it results in are worth it.

Here's examples of some of the improvements made as a result:
•Crafted weapons, armor, and shields will have a minimum level 1 lower than they used to.
(If they aren't immediately affected with Update 19, you can disjunct and re-craft them for the proper level valuation)
•Crafted items now have a platinum value appropriate to their level, rather than a value of a few copper.
•Banishing, Vorpal, Smiting, and Disruption will begin to appear in treasure as +4 value effects, rather than +5. This means they'll contribute less to the level on your item."

Here's the thing: If it negatively affects *ANYONE* find a way where it won't.  You lazy fuck.

And of course still no response regarding BTA chain-end rewards.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 5:47pm:

"This reads as hyperbole to me, which is difficult to respond to. I'll give it my best, though.

•Items crafted from the very first Risia Ice Games with "Frost" or "Icy Burst" will go up in level. (Items with "Festival Frost" or "Festival Icy Burst" from more recent Risia Ice Games will NOT go up in level.)
•The bugged rings from a few content packs that had no minimum level at all are finally fixed.
•Very old items with Pure Good from before Pure Good's value was raised from +1 to +2 will increase in level accordingly.

Realistically, this is not negatively affecting most people, and the systematic improvements to the functionality of the game that it results in are worth it.

•Crafted weapons, armor, and shields will have a minimum level 1 lower than they used to.
(If they aren't immediately affected with Update 19, you can disjunct and re-craft them for the proper level valuation)
•Crafted items now have a platinum value appropriate to their level, rather than a value of a few copper.
•Banishing, Vorpal, Smiting, and Disruption will begin to appear in treasure as +4 value effects, rather than +5. This means they'll contribute less to the level on your item."

Here's the thing: If it negatively affects *ANYONE* find a way where it won't.  You lazy fuck.

Oh it gets better!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422542-See-you-on-Monday!#post5068010

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #33 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 5:58pm:
Pale Master/Ninja Spy/Tempest

I see this being as effective as a doctor going to an academic debate with the intention of winning said debate with a slap fight.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 6:03pm:
Pale Master/Ninja Spy/Tempest

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #35 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 5:58pm:

Awww did you happen to catch it for posterity? It's gone, whatever it was Sad

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #36 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:18pm:
Awww did you happen to catch it for posterity? It's gone, whatever it was Sad

Unbelievable. I posted in that right before it was closed. Haven't logged in again yet to see if I got an infraction or not. Didn't think it was infaction-worthy, but you never know what's going to hit those guys the wrong way anymore - their skins seem to have gotten pretty thin recently :p [Edit - well, no infraction. But the response by everyone was overwhelmingly negative lol]

Basically FoS told everyone how he was so excited to start a new build, and got b*tchslapped by pretty much everyone else saying they were going to spend Monday trying to fix everything he broke :p
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2013 at 8:36pm by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #37 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
I'm actually looking forward to Monday. I haven't really been paying attention to the changes so I'm going to be able to discover all the new crap. I already suck at the game so that's not changing at all. Having everything burning in flames of rage is just a bonus for me.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:40pm:
Unbelievable. I posted in that right before it was closed. Haven't logged in again yet to see if I got an infraction or not. Didn't think it was infaction-worthy, but you never know what's going to hit those guys the wrong way anymore - their skins seem to have gotten pretty thin recently :p [Edit - well, no infraction. But the response by everyone was overwhelmingly negative lol]

Basically FoS told everyone how he was so excited to start a new build, and got b*tchslapped by pretty much everyone else saying they were going to spend Monday trying to fix everything he broke :p

I just took a scroll through the Dev tracker, and there is nothing from FoS showing up in it in the first 6 pages (back to mid July)

I thought I just read a couple posts from him not quite a week ago where he was 'slpaining how the automated lootgen worked.......

Just thought it was interesting he isn't showing up in the tracker is all.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:06pm:

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:40pm:

Bwahahahaha nice! I really regret not seeing it Sad
umeannothing wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:06pm:
I just took a scroll through the Dev tracker, and there is nothing from FoS showing up in it in the first 6 pages (back to mid July)

I thought I just read a couple posts from him not quite a week ago where he was 'slpaining how the automated lootgen worked.......

Did you check the Lamannia tracker? His posts are showing up just fine for me.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Holy shit you're right! I should have said they were showing up fine for me earlier.. now they're all gone!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:34pm:
Holy shit you're right! I should have said they were showing up fine for me earlier.. now they're all gone!

Well, that escalated quickly!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #43 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 12:39am
Print Post  
I'm glad AIDS exists so he can die a slow and painful death.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #44 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 1:54am
Print Post  
I even started a thread asking where he was. And it got deleted.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #45 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 2:18am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 1:54am:

I was wondering why I hadn't seen a thread going about it. Now I get it.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #46 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 2:18am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 1:54am:

Hopefully the AIDS caught up with him.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Perhaps while feather is crying his little hipster heart out he can get a referral to a cyber bullying support group from Polygon.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-in...

P.S. I wonder if FoS got an infraction point for his amateurish Wikipedia trolling link drama. If turn about is fair play then what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Now gander on down the road FoS....

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 4:10am:
Perhaps while feather is crying his little hipster heart out he can get a referral to a cyber bullying support group from Polygon.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-in...

If you're a game Dev, you shouldn't go public.
Communication between developers and the community should be handled by the community management team and the support team.
Both team are there to handle customer relation ( aka community ) while development team is there to shit code ( or piss code ) to fix the bugs and enhance the games.

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2013 at 5:02am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

FoS pretty much says screw long term players
Reply #49 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 8:12am
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Aug 16th, 2013 at 5:47pm:

I love his use of management speak, "systematic improvements of the functionality of the game."

All long term players that have gear that is near impossible to find, are going to have it all nerfed.

Once again, sort of slapping VIPs around.  Since VIPs only existed before September 2009, only VIPs can have some really rare gear.

I love how he showcases banishing, vorpal, smiting, disruption, but fails to mention, "Oh, by the way, we nerfed those to near uselessness, so we are reducing their ML penalty so they are still near useless, but you can decide how useless sooner than you could before."

FoS just might have finally driven me away.  My gear will be worthless.  My characters will all need to be rebuilt.  I will have to rehash the entire learning curve.  At some point, it is not fun to grind out something I have ground out numerous times in the past that I never wanted to grind out again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint