Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feather wasn't satisfied... (Read 15689 times)
Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Re: FoS pretty much says screw long term players
Reply #50 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 8:12am:
<snip>
FoS just might have finally driven me away.  My gear will be worthless.  My characters will all need to be rebuilt.  I will have to rehash the entire learning curve.  At some point, it is not fun to grind out something I have ground out numerous times in the past that I never wanted to grind out again.

I really have to wonder about Turbine's business plan. All of the above are a slap in the face to long term players. It is always easier (and cheaper) to retain existing customers than to attract new ones. That changes in the past year and the ones announced in the next couple of updates will almost entirely negative impacts on anyone that has been around a while.

I think the most egregious is the retroactive change to the ML of items. Case in point: I have a ML0 ring +5 strength +13 spell resistance or some such. It is a nice little perk to look forward to at the low levels for my TRing toons. I can't see how that or similar items are game breaking. That will be lost with the systematic change to how ML are calculated. It will have a negative impact on me (an existing customer) with no obvious advantage in attracting new customers.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #51 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 2:58pm:
I have a ML0 ring +5 strength +13 spell resistance or some such.

those rings from the madness chain were clearly either
1) broken or
2) the chase items to encourage you to get the chain. 

IMO they were broken.  And I say this having the following rings: wis4, cha 6, con 5, heavy fort/3str, 4 str, 5 int, 3 int/7 disable rings from that chain. 

What is deeply offensive is the Bound to Account random loot from end rewards (or in chain rewards) from the quest series: deleras, shan to kor, waterworks, tangleroot, sharn, catacoombs.  All of this was 2 levels lower and is being changed also.  This was not broken loot, these were deliberate design decisions as part of the rewards.  They are so widespread that no other reasonable view of these items can be made. 

All of these items should be made into "mastercrafted" which is replacing the "race restricted" flag.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 7:07pm:
What is deeply offensive is the Bound to Account random loot from end rewards (or in chain rewards) from the quest series: deleras, shan to kor, waterworks, tangleroot, sharn, catacoombs. 

I am going to be choked if stuff like my BtA ML1 three charge invis clicky goes up in level.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #53 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 2:58pm:
I really have to wonder about Turbine's business plan. All of the above are a slap in the face to long term players. It is always easier (and cheaper) to retain existing customers than to attract new ones. That changes in the past year and the ones announced in the next couple of updates will almost entirely negative impacts on anyone that has been around a while.

I think the most egregious is the retroactive change to the ML of items. Case in point: I have a ML0 ring +5 strength +13 spell resistance or some such. It is a nice little perk to look forward to at the low levels for my TRing toons. I can't see how that or similar items are game breaking. That will be lost with the systematic change to how ML are calculated. It will have a negative impact on me (an existing customer) with no obvious advantage in attracting new customers.

Many long timers spend no money.

Oh fuck it, i can't even attempt to rationalize it.  Feather's a stupid cunt, no other explanation.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
those rings from the madness chain were clearly either
1) broken or
2) the chase items to encourage you to get the chain. 

IMO they were broken.  And I say this having the following rings: wis4, cha 6, con 5, heavy fort/3str, 4 str, 5 int, 3 int/7 disable rings from that chain. 

What is deeply offensive is the Bound to Account random loot from end rewards (or in chain rewards) from the quest series: deleras, shan to kor, waterworks, tangleroot, sharn, catacoombs.  All of this was 2 levels lower and is being changed also.  This was not broken loot, these were deliberate design decisions as part of the rewards.  They are so widespread that no other reasonable view of these items can be made. 

All of these items should be made into "mastercrafted" which is replacing the "race restricted" flag. 

Yep. We all knew the ML0 rings would be changed at some point. But all the low level BTA stuff should be left alone. FoS has fixed something that really wasnt even broken.

Named items are often better for the level than random unbound items. All these end rewards were the same. Better BTA items than random unbound items.

And for the most part they were really only made super cool by Festival Icy Burst on the weapons, or using the BTA items for crafting.

Unless you were lucky like higgildy and had ML1 Invis clickies. A guy in my guild has a 3 charge ML1 Invis clicky. He is furious that he is going to lose it.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Re: Feather wasn't satisfied...
Reply #55 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
The no ML rings with a 10 durability rating which break pretty easily...  No mention of that difference...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
They break easy but you can always do Adamantine rituals on them. Then they last longer. I found I had to do this on my Sun Blades too - they were forever breaking after 2 dungeons meaning they were useless when chain farming.

The reason why the rings break is because they have ML0 item durability.

So just be thankful that when FoS fixes them for us, their durability will go up massively when they become ML 15 junk !

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #58 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Aug 18th, 2013 at 8:01pm:
They break easy but you can always do Adamantine rituals on them. Then they last longer. I found I had to do this on my Sun Blades too - they were forever breaking after 2 dungeons meaning they were useless when chain farming.

The reason why the rings break is because they have ML0 item durability.

So just be thankful that when FoS fixes them for us, their durability will go up massively when they become ML 15 junk !

BTA ML 9 would at east be better for my +6 stat items...with normal durability...  Game changer?  No.  Inconvenient resulting in more inventory mgt?  Yes.  Just what I need.  Glad I DIDN'T put rituals on them.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #59 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Aug 18th, 2013 at 8:02pm:

You sir are a genius.  Man I hope this dumb bag is shit sees all of this.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #60 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
$5.00 says Barkabout is some undercover Turbine employee.  Shocked

Any guesses as to who?
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2013 at 9:38pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #61 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 18th, 2013 at 9:33pm:

Any guesses as to who?

It wouldn't surprise me, his coworkers probably think he's as much of a shithead as we do.

IP Logged

Cheara
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 17th, 2013 at 8:40pm:
I am going to be choked if stuff like my BtA ML1 three charge invis clicky goes up in level.

But...but that's my favourite item in the whole game!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #63 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 18th, 2013 at 9:33pm:

Any guesses as to who?

Maybe one of the QA Kobolds.

Jerry and Amanda are too tight assed to make things like that.
Feather is just to proud of himself to go down the path of self derision, and his Solar Dawning track record is a good proof.
MajMal might do that, but I suspect he is too professional for it.
Rowan, oh hell, that might be fun if it's him.
Vargouille and the rest of the codemonkeys ( well most of them )? No way, like Feather they are too proud of the shit they produce, even when customer tells them it's bad, wrong and will drive customers away.

Now that it's THE DAY, I'm starting to wonder what stealth nerf/shit/garbage they are going to add to what we have seen in L-Space and what it's going to break compared to L-Space.

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2013 at 3:01am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #64 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Cheara wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 12:37am:
But...but that's my favourite item in the whole game!

..and your favorite item wasn't created by Feather.  Suck it.

IP Logged

Episkopos
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 12:45pm:
..and your favorite item wathn't created by Feather.  Thuck it.

ftfy

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 2:59am:
Vargouille and the rest of the codemonkeys ( well most of them )? ...even when customer tells them it's bad, wrong and will drive customers away.

There is simply no proof that such feedback has ever been presented to the Devs.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #67 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 12:45pm:
..and your favorite item wasn't created by Feather.  Suck it.

That's just not as effective without appropriate pic...

I don't know how the person who sent this to me got it; but if you want it for posterity, copy now - tinypic's liable to get an email about it once it's seen.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:41pm by karatekid »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #68 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:52am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 6:58pm:
There is simply no proof that such feedback has ever been presented to the Devs.

Proof of disagreement with the Devs are disappeared very fast usually, but there's still enough left on the official forums.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:21am
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:39pm:
That's just not as effective without appropriate pic...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lndaja.jpg

I don't know how the person who sent this to me got it; but if you want it for posterity, copy now - tinypic's liable to get an email about it once it's seen.

Can you repost whatever that is to an image site that doesn't suck?

IP Logged

Episkopos
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #71 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Shocked

Jebote, hohohoho  Cheesy!

Where did you dig this from, pukka, you dirty paparazzi you, seriously though amigo, just cushty of you for finding it and taking your time to post it here for our mass amusement & spit fest.
Had an assumption about this noofter bein' an ego-tripper. Look at the mirror in the background, I bet, correction, am sure he dressed himself up to update his face, space, twitter or some other similar CiA monitored social travesty of a network, posing and updating his status similar as thousands of egoistical, self-centered, shallow cunts do daily.
Wondering only why he's missing those puffed up daffy duck lips. Doesn't he just look tough, ye, with the leather gloves and all, so righteously important, a regular motherfuck you don't want to end up messing with  Grin, what a twonk.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #72 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Episkopos wrote on Aug 20th, 2013 at 11:14am:

I'm speechless.

WTF, exactly, am I looking at here? I know it's FoS but what is he posing as??

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
What is deeply offensive is the Bound to Account random loot from end rewards (or in chain rewards) from the quest series: deleras, shan to kor, waterworks, tangleroot, sharn, catacoombs.

Agreed. I love how those items were set up. Now I can craft better items than those as a crafter but they were always a nice boost for players that didn't have those type of options. I hate to see people lose those items that were clearly not bugged.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #74 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:23pm:
Now I can craft better items than those as a crafter but they were always a nice boost for players that didn't have those type of options. I hate to see people lose those items that were clearly not bugged.

You can't craft clickies (though you should be able to).

It's pretty hilarious - though not at all surprising - how badly FOS underestimated the number of items with nonstandard MLs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint