Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic End game going to Level 30 (Read 2922 times)
Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

End game going to Level 30
Aug 12th, 2013 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Here's the post

So By end of next year level 30 and apparently at least 1 Dracolich based RAID.

Fuck me .... they really don't get it do they.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: End game going to Level 30
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
I was figuring level 30 was where they would stop for a while. Hopefully they'll keep that as the cap and fill in content and fixes.

I once ran a PnP 30th level Epic campaign which went pretty well. I will probably get most of my toons up to 30th level and run the endgame for a while and then quit DDO by the 10th anniversary of the game in Feb. 2016. I think 10 years and 30th level seems like a good stopping point.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2013 at 7:13pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Translation to "leave it there for an extended time" means "We'll pull all the real coders over to Infinite Crisis and leave Melange and 2 monkeys to make packs twice a year".

Mothballing it like Asheron's Call.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Aug 12th, 2013 at 8:38pm:
Translation to "leave it there for an extended time" means "We'll pull all the real coders over to Infinite Crisis and leave Melange and 2 monkeys to make packs twice a year".

Mothballing it like Asheron's Call.

Would probably be preferable to the continual fucking with things just to fuck with them that's the status quo now.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Aug 12th, 2013 at 6:41pm:
Here's the post

Was to be expected when they went above 20.
Now we have one year and 4 month to cap our characters.
The raise to 30 was more or less mandatory, as Epic is LVL 20 to 30 in D&D 3.5.
Now if only they could concentrate on content adding, fixing fubared things ( we can help make an exhaustive list here of all the things that needs fixing ), and stop breaking things that don't need to be broken.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 13th, 2013 at 2:05am:
we can help make an exhaustive list here of all the things that needs fixing

I LOL'd.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on Aug 12th, 2013 at 6:41pm:
Here's the post

OH BOY!!!! Another  expansion for next year!

I tried to buy MoTU once. The morons emailed me explicit instructions to follow to apply the code on a friday evening just fine.

True to Turbine form, the emailed instructions in no way matched their "myaccount" choices on the "myaccount" page.

After trying in-game with friends to apply the code, spending the weekend googling it, I called in the following monday and asked for my money back.

That was close to a year ago now, I wonder if they ever bothered to fix that? Roll Eyes

Tossing turbine a bone here: I have never had a problem getting my money back from Turbine when I phone CS. Wink

MAGA!

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
30 isn't a surprise really.

The idea of just 1 RAID coming out is kinda lame though. 

Also the idea of a cap raise without it being an "expansion" is probably Naive so basically we are going to get a set of quests (I suspect won't be FTP) and my guess is that will be it.

Makes me sad to see the game falling so hard, seems the more they try to "monetize" the game the less money then end-up with in their pockets.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:31am:
OH BOY!!!! Another  expansion for next year!

I tried to buy MoTU once. The morons emailed me explicit instructions to follow to apply the code on a friday evening just fine.

True to Turbine form, the emailed instructions in no way matched their "myaccount" choices on the "myaccount" page.

After trying in-game with friends to apply the code, spending the weekend googling it, I called in the following monday and asked for my money back.

That was close to a year ago now, I wonder if they ever bothered to fix that? Roll Eyes

Tossing turbine a bone here: I have never had a problem getting my money back from Turbine when I phone CS. Wink

My experience was opposite.  I had expected the email to be full of no help at all, but the instructions were perfect.  Was exactly what they said in the email.  Maybe you just got screwed.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:33pm:
My experience was opposite.  I had expected the email to be full of no help at all, but the instructions were perfect.  Was exactly what they said in the email.  Maybe you just got screwed.

Or it was user error.  Mine was perfect too.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
They haven't gotten it for at least two years now. No signs of them having any sudden epiphanies, either.
The downward spiral will continue, and the game will just get more and more bogged down by the people making it following their whimsies in lieu of solid game/quest design.

In my thinking, DDO is following pen and paper D&D's arc pretty well. It was a small, niche product early on - but had a core following. Made some changes, and got more popular for a while. Got sold to another, larger company. Became shit.

WotC are trying (badly, imho) to pull D&D out of the crapfest that was most of the 4th Ed. Oddly enough, DDO went to shit while incorporating more and more 4th Ed. ideas and practices.

DDO needs to get back to what made the game great - but I honestly think their current Dev team is incapable of that task, and too mired in hubris to admit what they are doing has been failing and will continue to do so unless they make changes.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:56pm:
DDO needs to get back to what made the game great - but I honestly think their current Dev team is incapable of that task, and too mired in hubris to admit what they are doing has been failing and will continue to do so unless they make changes.

The only change worth to be made is to fire everybody except the QA Kobolds ( MajMal, Kookie and Squeak ) and Rowan ( he is too new at his job... for now ), and make sure the new devs knows how to follow a strict development plan and that any dev pet project will be killed on sight.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:11am:
and that any dev pet project will be killed on sight.

Nuke them from orbit to be sure!

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:33pm:

Or maybe they just fixed the shit. Having to give refunds over stupid shit like that tends to get things fixed quickly.

I was wondering if they fixed it or not. I am frankly shocked they actually fixed something.

MAGA!

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:56pm:

That's funny - I was wondering how many pages it would take me write an essay on "What is going wrong with DDO?".  Then I thought about boiling that down to just one page or even one paragraph.  But then why not pare it down to a top-10 list, or even just the item at the top of that list?  Or how about just one word: Arrogance.

Hubris is quite a fine contender too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint