Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Loss of Force Spellpower, Sharadi Procs Redux? (Read 2537 times)
Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Loss of Force Spellpower, Sharadi Procs Redux?
Aug 15th, 2013 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I was informed recently by a guildie that come XPac I should expect to see a 30% reduction in spellpower for Archmages/Artificers.  And also that Sharadi Procs were reduced by an unknown, but noticable amount.  Has anyone seen this on the Lamania build and can confirm?

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: Loss of Force Spellpower, Sharadi Procs Redux?
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
I'll certainly be watching before/after xpac, but I never got around to messing with my shiradi on lama.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
There are no spellpower enhancements anymore. Some trees (including archmage) grant a +1 spellpower bonus per point spent in the tree. Depending on your enhancements, this will probably result in a lower spellpower number. However, I don't think that it's going to be a loss of -30%. You might lose about 40 Spellpower, but then there's the spellcraft skill (iirc that's the name), which is int-based and also adds +1 spellpower per rank.

23 base
8 epic
15 int (from 40 int, a very modest number for a wizard or arty)
4 gh
--
+ 50 spell power

this compensates for the enhancements lost.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:04pm by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Works fine, for a wizard. Those non-int caster classes got well and proper fucked.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:11pm by rest »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Can’t speak for Archmages.  But, my artificer’s force spell power on lammaland went up.  (270 to 325+.  I also got free fire and electric SP out of the deal.)

Edit:
1.  I agree a lot of it is from Spellcraft
2.  I invested in the Runearm buffs for being able to run around while charging and for the spellpower while charged.
3.  I had the Battle Engineer capstone with a Needle.  (Implement bonus)
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:16pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
The Shiradi archetype hasn't lost it's capabilities.  It's also still the only caster option.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Wizard shiradi definitely hasn't lost any punch, in fact, it probably gains quite significantly

Sorcs?  Maybe, there's definitely a loss in force spellpower, but a gain in other areas.  Elemental spells now proc additional abilities depending on savant, and those changes seem like they will be making their way to live, apparently.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 2:11pm:
Works fine, for a wizard. Those non-int caster classes got well and proper fucked.

Yeah, before the EP changes were announced I had planned on TRing my Wiz back into a caster Cleric, now I'm not so sure about that any more. And not sure wtf I'm gonna do with my Sorc either. Maybe make him a Bard or Pally or something else useful like that Wink

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:57pm:
Yeah, before the EP changes were announced I had planned on TRing my Wiz back into a caster Cleric, now I'm not so sure about that any more. And not sure wtf I'm gonna do with my Sorc either. Maybe make him a Bard or Pally or something else useful like that Wink

Just avoid Cleric... unless you like being the Raid Hjealbot. ( despite the nice Spellcaster tree, there's not many options left to clerics )
Just avoid Sorceror... Charisma based will just let you be a second class spellcaster compared to Int Based, as you won't get spellpower from Spellcraft.
Just avoid Ranger, Paladin and Bard... they were already shafted, but soon they will be shafted so hard that they are all going to feel the butthurt.
I can't tell for Artificer, but they probably manage to survive better than other.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the responses Wink

Looks like a false alarm then.  And that is how I'd prefer it.  Too much on the plate already...

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 3:00pm:
The Shiradi archetype hasn't lost it's capabilities.  It's also still the only caster option.

what do u man only caster option? , i instakill stuff 10 times faster with my sorc in dragonic....( ee gh i have to drain first , but its stil faster killing) and i have not seen shirady sorc yet who take my aggro. shirady is just much cheaper to cast and takes no skill, but its aslo booring as fuck to cast stupid magic missiles....
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2013 at 11:29am by ahti »  

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 5:27pm:
Just avoid Cleric... unless you like being the Raid Hjealbot. ( despite the nice Spellcaster tree, there's not many options left to clerics )
Just avoid Sorceror... Charisma based will just let you be a second class spellcaster compared to Int Based, as you won't get spellpower from Spellcraft.
Just avoid Ranger, Paladin and Bard... they were already shafted, but soon they will be shafted so hard that they are all going to feel the butthurt.
I can't tell for Artificer, but they probably manage to survive better than other.

My Arti is better off come monday.

With the exception of FvS (cuz, really, fuck Divines. Turbine's a bunch of atheists!  Cheesy), All the P2P Classes got a lot better.  Druid is about the same, slight buff. Monks got a lot better, because Lord knows they needed it. Cheesy Arti got better, though not as good as monks (guess they're not allowed to be as good as the Boss's pet class).

And the weaker classes got a lot weaker. Pally (Turbine will always triumph over Paladins, because Good is Dumb.) and Bard (If anyone's stupid enough to make a pure Bard, there's not enough shit to buy and not end up with Song of Arcane Might, Enthrall, and Inspire Recklessness. All 3 prestiges are now the base class! Cheesy) I think Ranger actually comes out ahead on this pass; Dex for Dmg helps them alot and no longer makes Dex the Newb Trap it used to be. It also adds the requisite Drizzt Knob Slobbering for making Scimmies light weapons. Go Forgotten Realms!

Turbine got sick of the "hired from Zynga" mantra and has moved on to the cellphone pokemon CCG business model, where the only thing worth playing is what you pay for.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint