Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Did FoS Break My Twinkies? (Read 1975 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Did FoS Break My Twinkies?
Aug 19th, 2013 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Despite my ability to spend too much time on these boards at work, I don't game at work...sadly...  Anyone know if they decided not to ruin our old gear?

Quote:
Randomly-generated treasure items have been improved to better scale up to player power at all levels of play. These changes only affect new items, and are not retroactive.
Since many effects now scale to match player power, several effects have been removed, including Bane/Greater Bane and Burst effects. These effects will still appear on items that were acquired prior to the release of the Shadowfell Conspiracy.

What about Bane shards for Crappith Crafting?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Re: Did FoS Break My Twinkies?
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Yup, bastards broke my ML0 rings...  Guess I will leave the +6 Int. and Strider on for a while.  At least they increased the durability.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 5:30pm:
Yup, bastards broke my ML0 rings...  Guess I will leave the +6 Int. and Strider on for a while.  At least they increased the durability.

its not only those ML0 items, my cannith crafted items went up +3 lvls respectively.
My robe of invulnerability w/ master craftsmanship went up from ML1 to ML4. Many item are like that. Incidentally, some of the named BtA (like challenge) gear broke and now has ML0 on them. I saw people linking stuff in channels. It was quite hilarious.

Feather, you are so--o-oo  good at your job!!

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Another example:

Crafted Proof against disease +6 belt (what's with that +6 shit change formerly introduced anyway, partial immunity to disease) of GFL skyrocketed from min lvl11 to min lvl15. Wonder how come they didn't put antibiotics to DDO store, oh, they did, anti-mummy elixirs.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 10:55pm:
its not only those ML0 items, my cannith crafted items went up +3 lvls respectively.
My robe of invulnerability w/ master craftsmanship went up from ML1 to ML4. Many item are like that. Incidentally, some of the named BtA (like challenge) gear broke and now has ML0 on them. I saw people linking stuff in channels. It was quite hilarious.

Feather, you are so--o-oo  good at your job!!

As I understand it, it went up 4 levels because of Invulnerability, which had its point value increased. Cannith crafted armor actually went down a level.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  
This bugfest gives me fond memories of MoTU - at least then, it was only stuff like the raid that was too broken to play.

In my inventory, I'm looking at a +1 Metalline Quarterstaff of Righteousness (+5, ML8) and a pair of +2 Metalline Handwraps (+6, ML14). Feather, you took something that mostly worked, shat on it, and left it even more broken.

My DDO session today:
  1. adjust gamma on every login, because the launcher loses it
  2. log in once (usually takes twice, but I only had to once on my first login after U18 as well)
  3. grab enhancements. Meh.
  4. check dodge. Appears to be 8% base. Add mobility ring (should be 2%), goes up to 9% instead of 10%. Add Icies, go up to 18%. Take off ring, go down to 16%. Math is hard. Did they hire Shade?
  5. post a rage filled rant about the shard counter and purchase on the main toolbar
  6. get 400XP from daily dice. /vomit.
  7. try to swap a feat. Failed. Unfortunately, I think I took Augment Summoning as a human bonus feat but since I never really used the pet wolf and my drunk has a bunch of new SLAs, I want a casting feat like heighten. For some reason it isn't showing up with Fred. Can't remember if bug reporting is broken again, couldn't be bothered to check anymore.
  8. teleport to hall of heroes from House J. I'm assuming the far end where people appear is the eveningstar side (not VIP).  Um, what's the point of this hall, other than a masturbatory design exercise by the Turbine artist department's equivalent of FoS? It's too big to save much time compared to running through Eveningstar cavern. Lots of space, lots of wasted effort. And why make people pay $10 to shorten a run when less running around was a selling feature of this game compared to WoW or Neverwinter?
  9. look at my gear, start grabbing stuff from the TR cache to junk or sell. Afraid to log onto a storage alt, or a char with mostly crafted gear instead of named items.
  10. run around harbour. Lighthouse is changed, but the harbour map was not updated to show the changes to the docks. Attention to detail. I love that.  Not sure how a 1 minute run on a long dock to get to anything is going to help newbies.
  11. Some stuff is moved around all over the place, play hide and seek for the harbringer chain for a few minutes.
  12. log off, post this, going to go read a book instead. I took a two month vacation when I saw the alpha in April. Came back when I dislocated my shoulder in June and had a lot of free time with nothing better to do. Contemplating another absence.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

neotheny
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 20th, 2013 at 12:04am:
This bugfest gives me fond memories of MoTU - at least then, it was only stuff like the raid that was too broken to play.

In my inventory, I'm looking at a +1 Metalline Quarterstaff of Righteousness (+5, ML8) and a pair of +2 Metalline Handwraps (+6, ML14). Feather, you took something that mostly worked, shat on it, and left it even more broken.

My DDO session today:
  1. adjust gamma on every login, because the launcher loses it
  2. log in once (usually takes twice, but I only had to once on my first login after U18 as well)
  3. grab enhancements. Meh.
  4. check dodge. Appears to be 8% base. Add mobility ring (should be 2%), goes up to 9% instead of 10%. Add Icies, go up to 18%. Take off ring, go down to 16%. Math is hard. Did they hire Shade?
  5. post a rage filled rant about the shard counter and purchase on the main toolbar
  6. get 400XP from daily dice. /vomit.
  7. try to swap a feat. Failed. Unfortunately, I think I took Augment Summoning as a human bonus feat but since I never really used the pet wolf and my drunk has a bunch of new SLAs, I want a casting feat like heighten. For some reason it isn't showing up with Fred. Can't remember if bug reporting is broken again, couldn't be bothered to check anymore.
  8. teleport to hall of heroes from House J. I'm assuming the far end where people appear is the eveningstar side (not VIP).  Um, what's the point of this hall, other than a masturbatory design exercise by the Turbine artist department's equivalent of FoS? It's too big to save much time compared to running through Eveningstar cavern. Lots of space, lots of wasted effort. And why make people pay $10 to shorten a run when less running around was a selling feature of this game compared to WoW or Neverwinter?
  9. look at my gear, start grabbing stuff from the TR cache to junk or sell. Afraid to log onto a storage alt, or a char with mostly crafted gear instead of named items.
  10. run around harbour. Lighthouse is changed, but the harbour map was not updated to show the changes to the docks. Attention to detail. I love that.  Not sure how a 1 minute run on a long dock to get to anything is going to help newbies.
  11. Some stuff is moved around all over the place, play hide and seek for the harbringer chain for a few minutes.
  12. log off, post this, going to go read a book instead. I took a two month vacation when I saw the alpha in April. Came back when I dislocated my shoulder in June and had a lot of free time with nothing better to do. Contemplating another absence.

thank you. i was thinking of checking enhancements, but i guess i can wait few updates Smiley

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 8:00am
Print Post  
W8?
For what mate, squishing of bugs, remedying all the mistakes, hell, they're proud of them, and only bugs they'll squish as per regular opus mundi in the release notes of each patch they post will be somethin' along the lines: " Those wascally wobolds that stole the cap from Wash Pynoptis where hunted down and he once again can be hip with his stylish attire".

Be reasonable, look at the trend, do you really think few updates or more time will cure the malady they've willingly bestowed on the game.

IP Logged

neotheny
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Spybot wrote on Aug 20th, 2013 at 8:00am:
W8?
For what mate, squishing of bugs, remedying all the mistakes, hell, they're proud of them, and only bugs they'll squish as per regular opus mundi in the release notes of each patch they post will be somethin' along the lines: " Those wascally wobolds that stole the cap from Wash Pynoptis where hunted down and he once again can be hip with his stylish attire".

Be reasonable, look at the trend, do you really think few updates or more time will cure the malady they've willingly bestowed on the game.

i agree, but some hotfixes and patches, are bound to happen.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Here amigo, to prove my point, as to what they'll focus on in upcoming hotfix, damn retards:

Code
Select All
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422959-Who-took-the-bacon 

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #10 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
/emote LFH

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint