Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic OK who did it (Read 1467 times)
Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

OK who did it
Aug 19th, 2013 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Petition To Get Feather Of Sun Fired

Quoted for when the cube eats it.

Quote:
Think to all players it's more then obvious.

If we don't stand up for ourselves and our game, noone will it seems.
All the tinkering with loot, retroactive changes that are malicious towards players, yet if they where beneficial, they sure as hell wouldn't be retroactive.
Minimum lvl changes, bad random grind design loot, even masterful craftmanship has been nerfed and it isn't lowering the min lvl by 2 and some folkes played long to get their items from cannith arcade jokes of a quests to tier III only so they could use em' a bit sooner. Some players didn't even earned their marks of cannith with favor, they sell them in the store as well, with changes today bet they feel cheated.
So much of others time invalidated by the whim of one designer that got more then his share of critisim for choices that borderline with sanity.
Don't want to enter any dubious discussion, start walls of text and explanations about all the reasons for starting this petition, think to all the long term and loyal players, all is crystal clear.

Only a plea to players that still play and love the game, don't show your uproar on unofficial forums, show it here for other developers, moderators and admin to clearly see how one lackey can turn hundreds of long term loyal players away. Keep it civilised and dignified in this thread as well, they won't listen to rampart rage, hell, maybe they won't even listen to proper and articulated arguments as seen and validated before.
Show the other devs we love this game for a reason and and that there is a reason we keep on playing it for so long. With so many changes lately, it just feels so inconsistent, not a good sign for any game, even mmo by any means.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Re: OK who did it
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Did that even last 5 min?

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Guilty heh.
Ye, it didn't last for even two mins, got me an infraction or two, ah, well, so much for free public opinion, fuckers

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Spybot wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 5:24pm:
Guilty heh.
Ye, it didn't last for even two mins, got me an infraction or two, ah, well, so much for free public opinion, fuckers

I didn't see you using his name as a verb (or an adjective, for that matter)...  you got railroaded!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Not really.  You can't start a petition to get someone fired and expect it to last. 

If you start a petition to change the randomization of loot, the invalidation of loot so quickly with each expansion/update, and the retroactive modifications that injure players, then they won't be able to cube it.  People can voice their frustration.  You have to attack what he's doing.  not him specifically.

Not that it will matter either way...

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:30pm:
I didn't see you using his name as a verb (or an adjective, for that matter)...  you got railroaded!  Cheesy

I'm not going to hunt down the wording of a Cordovan post from previous closed threads, but the gist of it was that if you call out any dev (or devs in general) for negative feedback in any manner, expect the thread to be closed or locked.

Negative feedback includes anything that might make them feel unhappy, uncherished, or inadequate. Especially inadequate. They hate being reminded of that.

The official forums are to only contain sunshine, rainbows, unicorns, and ponies. The number of infraction points given for posting anything other than effusive praise will be based on where Cordovan happens to be in his menstrual cycle.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:45pm:
Not really.  You can't start a petition to get someone fired and expect it to last. 

If you start a petition to change the randomization of loot, the invalidation of loot so quickly with each expansion/update, and the retroactive modifications that injure players, then they won't be able to cube it.  People can voice their frustration.  You have to attack what he's doing.  not him specifically.

Not that it will matter either way...

Word amigo, also a well worded and logical advice.
Pardon for a typo or two in the original post on the official forums, English isn't my main language, comes after Croatian, French and precedes German a bit, but can clearly see you have more knowledge in this corporative bureaucratic knots then I do.

Was a bit hot headed while writing it with no clear concept and a plan to execute it wisely.
You can be sure I'll add another one expressing discontent with such whimsical changes to already established rules regarding equipment.

Also, as soon as I posted the thing, wolly or two, clear Turdbine crackhole lickers showed up to voice their opinion of how kid is throwing a hissy. In no way was it a rage filled post.
Am not a kid, well, to some ancients like Stainer, 25 might be considered kids age, but I worked for 3 years at a tatt parlor after college and am graphic designer by proffesion, those responses didn't touch me one bit, though the state they're putting the game we love is.
Didn't use any derogatory or insulting terms and tried to word it being objective without sounding agressive, judgemental or rude. It's just that I got straight to the point, it's the fault of one designer for this specific loot choices but of corporation in general, their calculations and revenues, quantity over quality. It's only natural a wanker like that was let in their ranks, am already sure that company has more than it's share of people like that, evident by the way game is headed, straight downhill & also a reason why he was hired, such people always get along.

It's just sad to see those astral shards as easy button to obtain ee loot, +5 tomes on sale at the store. Don't you remember sacking Threnal for good lootz, the good days of raid trains when we felt a certain accomplishment and satisfaction seeing +4 tome as ToD's 60th reward list (if we where lucky).
Feeling of joy and at the same time dread as you got accepted to your 80th Abbot but didn't know if you'll end up with reward list consisting of only four items and if Litany'll be one included heh. I enjoyed lurking on offical forums before to gain insight on the game and mechanics, seeing Memnir's antics there, Aranticus and his pile of guides. Getting third or fourth item from Shroud cleansed, now if ya want to get to 20th, you just need a day or two off, $$ & shit load of raid timer bypasses.

What I'm seeing now is sacrilege, hence why my main tr'ed couple of times for more roguish goodies and is perma capped at 16, one alt at 11 and another at 6, to just roll with guildies and be able to enjoy a quest from any range at any time. Only recently, maybe a month or two before U19 hit did I try the epics and the destinies biz, even though I've owned MotU exp. from when it got released, such a chore. Such a solo experience where only advantage of grouping is so someone can grab a win.

Didn't have the will to post anything concrete sooner, not that it would've mattered, plenty of people did only to be silenced, and it's plain to see they're just milking what they can before they bail, fucking souless corporations.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint