Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Astral shard totals and purchase on main toolbar? (Read 2757 times)
Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Astral shard totals and purchase on main toolbar?
Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Are you assholes at Turbine for real? Bad enough that your necrophilia has you compulsively shagging the corpse of a once-fine (albeit buggy) game, but your greed is getting rather out of control.

What level of sheer greed does it require to decide to add an astral shard total and purchase option into the already cluttered UI? I really, really, really want to misclick in an elite quest and see this bullshit dialogue pop up on the middle of the screen (I moved it down for the screenshot):

Farmville has this kind of stuff available from the main interface. Congratulations on sinking to the lowest level in online games. I previously thought Mem's quote in my sig was a little over the top. If anything, I now realize that his statement is restrained and understated.

Producer Rowan, or whatever the hell your name is - get on this garbage. Make it disappear, or forever cement your status as the final guy to spin the water faster as DDO swirled down the drain.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Re: Astral shard totals and purchase on main toolbar?
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
I really like how it cannot be removed or moved around.

I've taken to hiding it behind my examine orb, but it's pretty fucking retarded to have it on the main UI. I guess Turbine thought having to open our inventory or the Store was too much work to shovel money their way.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:55pm by Memnir »  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
It's only a matter of time before they turn DDO into a real progression game (in the Zynga sense, not the WOW) where to progress in the game past a point you have to constantly be paying.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:40pm:

Producer Rowan, or whatever the hell your name is - get on this garbage. Make it disappear, or forever cement your status as the final guy to spin the water faster as DDO swirled down the drain.

But Producer Rowan is such a great guy! MajMal said he's our new Messiah, and MajMal would never steer us wrong, would he? Nuh-uh!
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:20pm by LafoMamone »  

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 19th, 2013 at 9:40pm:
Are you assholes at Turbine for real? Bad enough that your necrophilia has you compulsively shagging the corpse of a once-fine (albeit buggy) game, but your greed is getting rather out of control.

What level of sheer greed does it require to decide to add an astral shard total and purchase option into the already cluttered UI? I really, really, really want to misclick in an elite quest and see this bullshit dialogue pop up on the middle of the screen (I moved it down for the screenshot):

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab105/Khimberlhyte/ddo-zynga.png

Farmville has this kind of stuff available from the main interface. Congratulations on sinking to the lowest level in online games. I previously thought Mem's quote in my sig was a little over the top. If anything, I now realize that his statement is restrained and understated.

Sigh..  Just noticed this now.

Fortunately for me, my standard layout has a hotbar over that spot.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Hidden under my main chat window...

Actually I'm more bothered by the Reroll Loot Button that was put at the Loot All button location.

( and I won't even go into the potential griefing that comes from that reroll mechanism.... Maybe if we grief others enough they will scrap it )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 20th, 2013 at 2:45am:

speaking of chat windows...

I want my screen real estate back from that hilarious pile of shit job they did with those
WTF does that former typing space still linger on as a huge gray block, oh wait so we can have that nudge in the lower left ? fuck they really should hire/consult some UI guys

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:37am
Print Post  

Actually I'm more bothered by the Reroll Loot Button that was put at the Loot All button location.

( and I won't even go into the potential griefing that comes from that reroll mechanism.... Maybe if we grief others enough they will scrap it )

How can you grief other people with it? I guess only your loot is rerolled, not that of other guys...

IP Logged

Spybot
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:53am
Print Post  
You could potentially grief them out of the reroll option just by passing them one of the items that where meant for you in that chest, though as I see it, you'd be doin' them a favor instead of any sort of griefing by not enabling them to spend any astral shards for this reroll loot shenanigans.

Not sure, just what I've read in some thread on offical forum.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:58am
Print Post  
It is fucking stupid retarded and should be killed with acid and then again with fire.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
How can you grief other people with it? I guess only your loot is rerolled, not that of other guys...

You can't reroll if your loot changes... like if somebody assign something to you.

Do I need to make a picture ?

As written it can be considered by some as a good thing ( that way we won't waste shards if we misclick ), but when you're in front of an EE Chest that spits named items, and you want that named item, you might want to reroll the vendor trash you just got.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2013 at 4:45am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  

I didn't make it as far as opening any chests last night - what I saw was bad enough. That is probably for the best, as I went and looked at a chest this morning and was pretty disgusted.

I can't deal with seeing that 2-5 times every quest.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #12 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 10:56am
Print Post  
I didnt even notice it. All my hotbars are in front of it. I TR'd and wondered how long its been there

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #13 - Aug 20th, 2013 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Honestly, in L-Space i'm lucky people pointed it out...
Because between being hidden under a chat window it's tucked in the right bottom corner of my right screen, usually partially behind my bottle of wine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint