Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This new loot gen stuff (Read 32930 times)
Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: This new loot gen stuff
Reply #50 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Remember not that long ago the Devs removed all Roman numerals from loot because apparently players were too stupid to understand how the effects progressed.

Then remember that Ogre Power and Eagle soon had things like +5 in the description because the Devs decided that players were considered too stupid and lazy to look at the description.

Now the new loot gen erases all those decisions by returning the Roman numerals and forcing players to look at the description of items. Oh, and destroying all former named loot in one felled swoop.

Will named loot get an upgrade with these new effects? Of course not because "thomeone" stated that fixing and upgrading old loot was a waste of time.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #51 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Aug 24th, 2013 at 2:34am:
Remember not that long ago the Devs removed all Roman numerals from loot because apparently players were too stupid to understand how the effects progressed.

Then remember that Ogre Power and Eagle soon had things like +5 in the description because the Devs decided that players were considered too stupid and lazy to look at the description.

Now the new loot gen erases all those decisions by returning the Roman numerals and forcing players to look at the description of items. Oh, and destroying all former named loot in one felled swoop.

Will named loot get an upgrade with these new effects? Of course not because "thomeone" stated that fixing and upgrading old loot was a waste of time.

Changes like that are making wonders for grandfathering items. If only they didn't fuck them up along the way.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #52 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Fuck this shit

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #53 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:39am
Print Post  
The lack of actual effects + lack of combinations is staggering. I went through and wrote down what lootgen can actually be created by this system, it's depressing. There's a fraction of the lootgen variety there was. This is the shittiest loot has been at any time in DDO's history.

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 1:05am
Print Post  
on a related note my user pain and log ins are at an all time low.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 3:08am
Print Post  
aye the fun stuff on weapons like desert sands, of the rebel, crusader and whatnot are apparently gone
i haven't seen any convalescent bracers drop, and tbh who needs heal amp...

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #56 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
I haven't seen anything Convalescent drop at all since the update either.  Nor has anyone I have been talking with.

Don't see anything in the notes about it being removed either so it's either a stealth nerf OR the buggered up the loot tables.

I figure 50-50 on that now, could go either way.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #57 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Gotta be buggered loot tables.

Like cdr said (and he mentioned in game yesterday) all these "new" random items come in a depressingly low number of combinations. I see a shit load of deadly + accuracy items or deadly + resist.  I've not yet seen a deadly  10 + seeker 10 item. I also haven't seen anything with vitality drop. No more desert sand, no more erosive, no more wintry, no more obscenity, no more meteoric, no more wailing. Aaaaaaaand no convalescent. Don't even get me started on this whole thing where the dumbed-down the effect names in item titles (superior parrying is now just parrying) making it much more difficult to search for stuff on the AH.

On the plus side, my 10/20/30 convalescent of sup parrying bracers are only increasing in value  Cool

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #58 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
"Riposte" can also add the Parrying insight bonus, making it even harder to find.  It's always on crap lootgen weapons anyway.

I have seen Vitality, but mostly on low-level armour, in +5 and +10 versions.

I'm guessing Pure Good and the other alignment equivalents are gone as well, replaced by the xd4 types.

I'm thinking Deadly/Accuracy X/X would have to be on a Wonderous Craftsmanship item, but I haven't seen one either.  I do have a Deadly X/ Acc IX waiting for me when I get to 28.

Have I mentioned how much I HATE the new loot?
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2013 at 5:02pm by Starkjade »  

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #59 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 4:27pm:
. I also haven't seen anything with vitality drop. No more desert sand, no more erosive, no more wintry, no more obscenity, no more meteoric, no more wailing. Aaaaaaaand no convalescent.

- I got a heap of vitality trash drop while exploring ( +10 or +20, I even got a +40 belt ).
- On the other hand, I haven't got any of the Nightmare, and above stuff drop.
- Definitely no convalescent.

Sadly I'm not good enough with the DAT Files ( any help welcome By the way, you can contact me by PM, I am definitely NOT a Turbine sockpuppet Grin ) to be able to replace Rodrak at pointing to forgotten stuff in loot tables. I'm just starting to get the hang of them thanks to some posts made earlier here.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #60 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Vitality is dropping, but only on armor/shields.

"Mind" effects = Cloak, Helm, Goggles, Neck
"Body" effects = Belt, Boots, Bracers, Gloves

Ring and trinket can be either mind or body, but not half/half.

Deadly is "mind" and Seeking is "body". They can't mix, even on ring/trinket.

I've seen Deadly X/Accuracy X, but it does require Wondrous Craftsmanship.

The chain end list from Storm Horns seemed to be dropping especially high loot level/good lootgen, but that may have been luck and/or the +2 loot bonus.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2013 at 5:55pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #61 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
It's definitely a flavor of the month thing with the loot.  There is not consistency over a 12 month period of time. 

They do augment slots on Epic Loot
Then they do guild augments on Non-Epic Loot
Then they stop doing augments on Epic Loot
Then they start doing augments again on both Epic Loot and regular loot and drop the guild augments.

They start Cannith Crafting. 
Then they drop it.

They start Epic Crafting(Seal/Shard/Scroll) and using tokens.
Then they switch to completed EN/EH/EE items and add commendations.
Then they add in the ability to upgrade items with comms and other collectibles.

They create a base set of suffixes and prefixes and assign them to items with tight limits.
Then they create a bunch of suffixes and prefixes and give them crazy names with more power.
Then they drop all those new suffixes and prefixes and make a bunch of even newer ones with ML's that make no sense with all the other loot.

The majority of the above changes have occurred in the last 12-18 months.  There were very few changes (Besides the implementation of guild augments and cannith crafting) from 2009 to early 2012.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #62 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 5:13pm:
- I got a heap of vitality trash drop while exploring ( +10 or +20, I even got a +40 belt ).
- On the other hand, I haven't got any of the Nightmare, and above stuff drop.
- Definitely no convalescent.

Sadly I'm not good enough with the DAT Files ( any help welcome By the way, you can contact me by PM, I am definitely NOT a Turbine sockpuppet Grin ) to be able to replace Rodrak at pointing to forgotten stuff in loot tables. I'm just starting to get the hang of them thanks to some posts made earlier here.

Is it the actual vitality bonus(as in the gem/minos/thraak bracers), or is it just what they renamed GFL et. al. into?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #63 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:04pm:
The majority of the above changes have occurred since Fucker of Stuff took over.  There were very few changes (Besides the implementation of guild augments and cannith crafting) from 2009 to early 2012.

fify

rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:07pm:
Is it the actual vitality bonus(as in the gem/minos/thraak bracers), or is it just what they renamed GFL et. al. into?

The thing that replaced False Life... False Life was renamed to Vitality anyway, so there's no point in trying to find False Life stuff.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #64 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Changed a few things on my one guy who doesn't need a total redesign due to enhancements:

Goggles:  Deadly +7, Resistance 8, yellow, colorless (lvl27, I desperately want a bigger version of the mutations with the same slots) (previously tharnes)
Swap Ring: Avithoul 2 wis (dun robar stunning, tod ring as swaps)
Cloak: lvl 24 cloak of night (was ee ghost waking)

All other slots stayed the same.

Sadly my quest for a yellow slotted parry/20% convalescent may now be in vain.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:34pm by Tobril »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #65 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:07pm:

False Life is an enhancement bonus, in multiples of 5 up to +50 (that I've seen.)

Vitality is a.. well, Vitality bonus (creative!) and stacks with False Life.  Seems to be in multiples of 5 as well, and I've seen +40 tops.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #66 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Flav is either using the french client and failing translation, or into the wine a little too heavy.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #67 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:19pm:
The thing that replaced False Life... False Life was renamed to Vitality anyway, so there's no point in trying to find False Life stuff.

False life was renamed to Hit Points +X. Previously it was called Lesser False Life, False Life, Improved False Life, Greater False Life and Superior False Life.
Vitality is a different bonus type. Previously it was called Toughness. See below.

Starkjade wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:39pm:
False Life is an enhancement bonus, in multiples of 5 up to +50 (that I've seen.)

Vitality is a.. well, Vitality bonus (creative!) and stacks with False Life.  Seems to be in multiples of 5 as well, and I've seen +40 tops.

Yes, I know.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #68 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 8:07pm:
Yes, I know.

Sorry, quoting fail...

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #69 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
FUCKING SARLONA.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 12:33am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 5:23pm:
The chain end list from Storm Horns seemed to be dropping especially high loot level/good lootgen, but that may have been luck and/or the +2 loot bonus.

Both Shadowfell chain rewards offer Wondrous Crafting items every time.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #71 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 2:31am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:50pm:
Flav is either using the french client and failing translation, or into the wine a little too heavy.

Wine. Rasteau,

1 Bottle down by the time I wrote the previous comment.

And since I hadn't seen any Hit Points + items I was considering that False Life had been replaced.
( now I'm dumb, as all my characters have a GFL items or GFL slotted somewhere )

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #72 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:04pm:
It's definitely a flavor of the month thing with the loot.  There is not consistency over a 12 month period of time. 

Cannith crafting: +2 and +4 accuracy shards were considered so "OP" by Turbine that they raised the ML's of those crafted items (retroactively no less).  IIRC after that change the +2 shard made an item ML7 (ML5 with Cannith mark).  The +4 shard was something crazy like ML15, pretty much making them useless, or at least not worth a slot.

Last night I found a cloak with +2 accuracy ML3, so a cursed or wonderous crafted version would be down to ML1 (vs ML5 player-crafted).  I haven't bothered to look for +4 accuracy, but judging by the ML's of 'deadly' items, I'm guessing it's equally low, relatively speaking, probably ML 7(5)?

"Hello, right hand?  This is left hand.  Long-time-no-see, how ya been buddy?"

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #73 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 3:42pm:
I haven't bothered to look for +4 accuracy, but judging by the ML's of 'deadly' items, I'm guessing it's equally low, relatively speaking, probably ML 7(5)?

I looted a "pure"  +4 accuracy.  ML 7.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #74 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
There will be an update today, not a 'hotfix', but an 'update'. I bet they're rolling back FoS's loot-fuckup or something. Should take my 'visor' (+8 attack/+8 dmg) I'd planned to sell for 300k off the AH, this will become a valuable legacy-item...

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint