Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) This new loot gen stuff (Read 32995 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: This new loot gen stuff
Reply #75 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 11:10am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 10:58am:
There will be an update today, not a 'hotfix', but an 'update'. I bet they're rolling back FoS's loot-fuckup or something. Should take my 'visor' (+8 attack/+8 dmg) I'd planned to sell for 300k off the AH, this will become a valuable legacy-item...

No way this gets rolled back.  Feather has the powers that be convinced his bat-shit crazy ideas are good for the game.  This stuff is here to stay.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #76 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  
not sure...

There's been a huge problem with instances lagging and crashing lately.

It's more yet another Hotfux than a real patch, especially when you see how late they told about it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

gardner
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 10:58am:
I bet they're rolling back FoS's loot-fuckup or something.

If only we could be so lucky.  It doesn't seem likely they would roll it back so soon.  That would make them look foolish.  The best we can probably hope for is some sort of change down the road.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #78 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
How many prefixes and suffixes are missing?  Is there a list of what is and isn't dropping anymore?

I know everyone has mentioned convalesence.

I'm also not seeing metalline, any banes or greater banes except ghostbane, dusk, righteousness, feather falling, good luck, and a few others. 

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #79 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Well, all the light-blue, BtC special effects are missing, plus pure good, holy is still there, as are the other elemental dmg effects, but they now have another format (roman numbers).

FF is there, pulled some FF gloves of 'speed'. Dunno about good luck, but i can craft you +2 good luck if you need a shard  Wink Somebody might already have made a list, but honestly, I can't believe this mess is WAI and will survive the next patch.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:52pm by DDOcrackhead »  

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:51pm:
Well, all the light-blue, BtC special effects are missing, plus pure good, holy is still there, as are the other elemental dmg effects, but they now have another format (roman numbers).

FF is there, pulled some FF gloves of 'speed'. Dunno about good luck, but i can craft you +2 good luck if you need a shard  Wink Somebody might already have made a list, but honestly, I can't believe this mess is WAI and will survive the next patch.

What would be the difference between Pure Good and Holy II, really? Except Suffix vs prefix. And the UMD check becomes a temp neg.... (could actually be considered a buff)

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #81 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:56pm:
What would be the difference between Pure Good and Holy II, really? Except Suffix vs prefix. And the UMD check becomes a temp neg.... (could actually be considered a buff)

Pure good is against evil AND neutral targets, holy is only working against evil enemies

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #82 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm:
How many prefixes and suffixes are missing?  Is there a list of what is and isn't dropping anymore?

I know everyone has mentioned convalesence.

I'm also not seeing metalline, any banes or greater banes except ghostbane, dusk, righteousness, feather falling, good luck, and a few others. 

I haven't seen cosmic phleghmjizzing crusader solarnazi of the asstyrant either...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #83 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 4:05am
Print Post  
anybody seen paralyzer drops outside of the few named that have it ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #84 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 8:59am
Print Post  
I think I got a longsword with paralyzing on it.  It could have been from the day before release, though.  I wasn't paying attention that closely.  I didn't clean up my inventory on that toon until two days after the release and it was in there with the rest of my looted items.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #85 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 9:11am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:51pm:

Don't need any good luck items, just trying to see what is still dropping and not.  I'd also like some kind of word on what the plan is (if there is one) with regard to these missing prefixes and suffixes.  Some of them are pretty important.  The inconsistency between old loot gen, new loot gen, and all previous named items in terms of terminology and features is very difficult to manage.  As a long time player I can handle it, but if I was a new player, I'd be seriously confused.  They didn't update the crafting system at all when they added the previous group of items (Phlegm, desert sand, tyrant, etc) and they haven't updated it to be able to create any of these new options either. 

So you have raid and older named loot that is basically on system X (some features from base system Y, some unique things),  Grandfathered loot gen on system Y, all your crafting systems (cannith, GS, Alchem, DT, etc) which is a accessing a subset of system Y, current loot on system Z and no documentation on the differences between X and Y and Z or what you plan to do to get all three to be in sync so that you can understand easily how things like Righteousness, Pure Good, Greater Good, Holy, Holy II-Holy VI all compare and work.    Or what newer players can expect in terms of getting access to features that existed in Y but don't exist in Z.  (Like Convalescence or Metalline).  Their current only option for these is old Named and Raid loot or the AH.  And how long are you going to let Guild Slots linger?  At some point don't you have to go back and swap them all for Blue/Green/Yellow slots and be done with it?

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #86 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 4:05am:
anybody seen paralyzer drops outside of the few named that have it ?

I recall seeing a paralysing dagger. It had the new deception on it, so it must have been after the update.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #87 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Doublestrike exists now on armour and shields as "Flurry" and on weapons as "Rapid Strikes."  I've not seen it on gloves or rings.

Ambushing seems to be gone, not sure if high-end Deception items include an insight bonus.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #88 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Also, I haven't seen any kind of "Burst" weapon, but I may just be not running the right levels to see it.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Name_Is_Not_Allowed
Korthos Resident

Reply #89 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:24am
Print Post  
*sigh* PoS is still here answering the loot gen question, I was really hoping he'd been shitcanned or promoted.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424299-Hello-Feather-Cordovan-anyone#p...

PoS says (for those banned from the forum):

Quote:
Actually, Ghost Touch was combined with Undead Bane.
It's called Ghostbane now. It gives Ghost Touch plus Bane damage versus Undead.

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.

Gone temporarily huh... Sounds like something that should have been in the release notes/known issues.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:25am by Name_Is_Not_Allowed »  

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #90 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Anyone who says that Ghost Touch + Undead Bane = Ghostbane can't read the tooltips.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #91 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:54am
Print Post  
I thought Turbine had learned its lesson and revoked FOS's forum posting access. Guess not.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #92 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 9:11am:
And how long are you going to let Guild Slots linger?  At some point don't you have to go back and swap them all for Blue/Green/Yellow slots and be done with it?

You shut your filthy pie-hole! Smiley

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #93 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Also, I'm usually swimming in level 1/3/5 mana post in the harbor. I've not pulled a single one from a chest or end reward since I TR'd yesterday.Weird.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Definitely got a paralyzing last night in a reward list.  Might be rarer now though as I've been on a massive ddo binge since the expansion dropped and it's the first I've seen.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #95 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Got two paralyzers tonight doing Von3 on EH like 5 times.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2013 at 12:37am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:54am:
I thought Turbine had learned its lesson and revoked FOS's forum posting access. Guess not.

He stopped posting voluntarily. Now that he has his uber new loot to gloat about he has returned.

IP Logged

Rogue
Korthos Resident

Moral Minder. Stopping
jerks at every turn.

Reply #97 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 20th, 2013 at 7:57pm:
There are very few things that will make it onto a character with topend gear.  From what I've seen so far...

I agree. I will probably use goggles and maybe gloves, but then Ill lose the +30 heal amp you cant get anywhere else. Also possibly cloak and bracers. Otherwise, the new loot gen stuff simply have too few stats per item. Unless you get one with a green slot or something.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #98 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Rogue wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 4:28am:
I agree. I will probably use goggles and maybe gloves, but then Ill lose the +30 heal amp you cant get anywhere else. A

Greater Convalescent Bracers of Superior Parrying Parrying VIII ?

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #99 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Don’t worry guys!  This is only Turbine’s half-assed attempt!  I mean, there’s only 2 places for them to go at this point!  One, they could follow their S.O.P. and never complete the switchover.  Or, two, They could go full-ass on us and complete the switch over.

Seriously though, I like some of the new enchantments.  (ex. Deception and Ghostbane.)  But, Failure_of_Stuff seems to be on a high holy mission to eliminate burst effects.  And *that* pisses me off.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint