Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GW2 Free Trial Weekend (Read 174 times)
Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

GW2 Free Trial Weekend
Aug 22nd, 2013 at 9:22pm
Print Post  

Guild Wars 2 is holding a free trial this weekend, you can DL and install before they open it up: https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: GW2 Free Trial Weekend
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
end game still a gear grind? Really did like the game... was too obvious of a grind at end game though.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Aug 24th, 2013 at 1:46pm:
end game still a gear grind? Really did like the game... was too obvious of a grind at end game though.

There is no gear grind... the only reason for grinding is for looks of armor. With the new system they put in there is new living story content every 2 weeks.
So there is always something to do. I have been playing since beta and still loving it.

Hey strake if you try it out let me know I am sure my guildies would love to run with you  Wink

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Aug 25th, 2013 at 2:07am:
Hey strake if you try it out let me know I am sure my guildies would love to run with you  Wink

I didn't know you were in the Butthurt Brigade!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 25th, 2013 at 9:42am:
I didn't know you were in the Butthurt Brigade!

psshaw in it, I am the leader.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:10am
Print Post  
before I post the link - YES there are still bugs, and YES, they nerf and tune enough to get the leet most hardcore's panties in a wad.

But I've found GW2 to be extremely fun since I started in the spring.

There's grind if you wanna, as Breaken said; but nothing REQUIRES you to do so except perhaps vanity (which ain't their fault).

The biggest grind is for a legendary weapon, should you choose to get one.  The stats on those and the next best option (Acended) gear are better than the gear you can get casually - but not SO much so that they are a must-have.

The biggest complaints I have are a function of their "Living World" feature.  Living World is a phrase they use to refer to quests/storylines they put into the game for 2-4 weeks-ish that cause changes to the world.  Think of it as "playing this week's episode of %your_favorite_tv_show%".

My two complaints with this are

1) they don't live up to the promise these event irrevocably change the world of Tyria (I am betting that's something they start next year) - once an event is over, it's over and pretty much everything else returns to normality

and

2) I think they're releasing these things too fast.  Every two weeks creates the feeling (to this casual gamer, anyway) that it is hopeless to finish EVERYTHING with the event before the next one is released, so I play for a few days, then go back to exploring the regular stuff, leveling, etc.  To be fair, a LOT of GW2 players love the fact new content is constantly being added - so I guess it depends upon your preference.

My only regular open world complaint has been performance - specifically "culling".  I have a high-end machine; but the culling feature they had implemented (removes some of the models during high-drag battles, etc) was HORRENDOUS IMHO.  You couldn't see players who were fighting alongside you - and that was no big deal.  The AI, however, ALSO used to remove the goddam MOBS; so before you knew it, there was a stack of centaurs 5 deep on top of you.

They JUST gave us the option to turn culling off; and thus far, it's MUCH MUCH better for me.  Even increased performance for me.

Here's the one year speech from ArenaNet:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-the-first-year/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint