Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ninja Spy Core Ability II and Bows (Read 5414 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Ninja Spy Core Ability II and Bows
Aug 23rd, 2013 at 10:33am
Print Post  
I took a peek at my inventory sheet the other night and noticed that my bow was using dex to damage. I'm on a human and took the bare minimum dex for combat archery and str for overwhelming crit but there are so many more bonuses to strength that my strength was +6 bonus higher than my dex with the boosts running.

I'd picked up Ninja Spy Core III (Shadow Veil) as quickly as possible but now I'm questioning that at least until I'm running EE's (currently only level 15). Does the Ninja Spy Core II really nerf damage (showed a +5 using dex instead of a +11 using bow strength) or is it just a display error? I tested it on the target dummy before dumping the enhancement and then after dumping it and it definitely seems like it's truly dropping the damage but it's hard to know for sure with only a 6 point split.

I don't really feel the need for that extra incorp while leveling so if this is legit I think I'll just wait on Shadow Veil. Maybe permanently assuming I'm not dying all the time in EE's. There's plenty of spots to spend points and I'd rather not blow them on an enhancement that nerfs my damage output. Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2013 at 10:35am by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Re: Ninja Spy Core Ability II and Bows
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 10:48am
Print Post  
I'd rather have shadow fade, though my "AA" is much more melee than archer.

(pewpewpew on bosses only for the most part, ee trash dies to fast to worry about it usually)

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 10:56am
Print Post  
I'm pretty much always ranged just because I enjoy the play style. I'm still running heroic levels (15 right now) so it's pretty much a no brainer for Shadow Veil not being remotely necessary (especially on a toon that's at about 90% on heal scrolls and boosted 75%). Even in epic levels this doesn't feel cut and dried though.

Hopefully they recognize this as a bug and fix it eventually. Taking enhancements shouldn't lower your damage output...especially not when the enhancement is a pre-req for other useful enhancements.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Carpone noted the bug in the AA thread a long, long time ago. It hurts players so don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Hrm...guess it doesn't really change my build as I'm doing minimum strength and minimum dex for the feats I need. The spread is a bit smaller than I thought anyways...part of my gap was in Tensor's...I forgot that Tensor's grants dex as well...so I guess it's not quite as bad as I thought. It definitely scoots Ninja spy toward the end of the life though as slaying arrows is really nice. Smiley

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
I havn't even logged in with Mokune since the update.  RL necessities are limiting my virtual playtime...

Good information though for when I reset his Enh's/Feats...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
All I know is that smart play with IPS makes all of the 'every x seconds' shots crazy powerful. They all seems to work like Furyshot in that they fire on every arrow of manyshot/10k stars. That makes me really want to go deep into DWS as well since Leg Shot looks like it could be pretty powerful...not quite as good as Pin but an extra Pin. I'm going to have to hotkey some more moves tbh...so many cooldown-based shots and if you manage to trigger them on several mobs in a row...it just gets sick.

I just ran an Undermine solo and decided to try out the bow on the opening fight rather than just sitting there cleaving. I think I dropped about 8 or 9 mobs w/ a 1-shot between Manyshot and Arrow of Slaying. The problem is that I can see 32-36 points being worth spending in AA, 22+ in DWS (although that's a place to cut out some if Leg Shot is underwhelming), and there's 8 in Henshin. That's at least 62 points if not more and that's before you get in to any racials, Shintao, Ninja Spy, and in my case Arcanotech (though I only really need 4 points there).

I haven't been able to fit in Leg Shot yet as Arrow of Slaying takes priority now that I (temporarily?) dumped Shadow Veil...a lot about end-build will depend on how good it is. If it makes a big difference for soloing Ninja Spy might be the spot to suffer a bit. Then again, Ninja Spy has 30% extra damage against helpless mobs higher in the tree so hopefully I don't like Leg Shot all that much Tongue

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
If it's not fixed in Update 19 Patch 1, then it's not getting fixed.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
At least it is only seeming to affect bows.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Aug 24th, 2013 at 1:40pm:
At least it is only seeming to affect bows.

I think that's because bows are only granting damage due to a feat - it's not inherent in the item itself. That's my guess at least. Smiley

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #10 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
That sound as good a reason as any other.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint