Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic EE Thunder and Lightning (Read 9893 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

EE Thunder and Lightning
Aug 29th, 2013 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Anybody test these?  Where do they rank against Antipode, EE Ivys, Gravewrappings, and Tier 3 Alchem Wraps?

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Re: EE Thunder and Lightning
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 4:58pm:
Anybody test these?  Where do they rank against Antipode, EE Ivys, Gravewrappings, and Tier 3 Alchem Wraps?

All of those wraps have a different purpose, so in my mind ranking them against each other is questionable.

Grave - Orange named neg leveling and all purpose level 20 wrap for those on a budget
Ivy - Prestige Survival Toy
Alchemical - Something fancy to use at 18/20.

Antipode - General all purpose DPS, slot for devotion, extra effects from set

The new wrap is a good one for new characters/players who don't have an antipode.  It's pretty decent DPS and the red slot helps cocoon.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:47pm:
All of those wraps have a different purpose, so in my mind ranking them against each other is questionable.

Grave - Orange named neg leveling and all purpose level 20 wrap for those on a budget
Ivy - Prestige Survival Toy
Alchemical - Something fancy to use at 18/20.

The new wrap is a good one for new characters/players who don't have an antipode.  It's pretty decent DPS and the red slot helps cocoon.

That's a fair point about the wraps being different in purpose.  Although, I still feel like my water-water-water Tier 3 wraps do really solid DPS in Epic content against any non-cold resistant mobs.  Don't know that I would go to the trouble of crafting them at this point, though.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Tobril wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 5:47pm:

are you serious ?
those wraps are fucking shit and the reason i will not bother with the prowess set bonus ever on my unarmed monk

if they had been given something truly unique, such as stunning +15 when they were introduced they might have been good but their unique shit is doing 4d6 again true neutral targets, animals and elementals, any normal mob gets 2d6, guess what else gives 2d6 vs everything but a fancy neg level proc ontop

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 7:35am
Print Post  
So where else would you have devo on monk, Fetish, Fot gloves ?
15 prr, 4 att/dmg is not trivial.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 8:27am
Print Post  
I've been doing ok with Halycon Boots, I did make Air/Water/something alchem wraps and slotted devo on them because I had the stuff for them in my bags anyways, it's a nice bump in selfheal but not 'omg must have'

I started chain TRing my monk anyways and b4 that I still used the claw set   Grin

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
are you serious ?
those wraps are fucking shit and the reason i will not bother with the prowess set bonus ever on my unarmed monk

if they had been given something truly unique, such as stunning +15 when they were introduced they might have been good but their unique shit is doing 4d6 again true neutral targets, animals and elementals, any normal mob gets 2d6, guess what else gives 2d6 vs everything but a fancy neg level proc ontop

They allow you to break all alignment-based DR. For a Shintao Monk, they are pretty damned good. Additionally, the +15 PRR and +4 to Hit AND Damage from Prowess/Planar Conflux isn't anything to sneeze at either.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2013 at 8:41am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Am I the only one who likes Adamantine Knuckles then?  +2[W] - in addition to the usual epic bonus - and three slots are nice; I keep a couple of pairs on any toon that might fight unarmed, just 'cos they're so customisable and augments seem to drop like rain.

Anyone got a screenie of Thunder & Lightning?  Can't find them on the wiki.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:57am
Print Post  
EE Thunder and Lightning is something like +7, red slot, 4d4 sonic, 4d4 lightning, and one of the new high-level Impact enhancements, that adds 0.5[w] and doubles threat range (not stacking with IC).

They kinda suck, actually.  Who doesn't already have IC on a melee?

I'll stick with my Voltaic of Mauling and Seeker of a Thousand Suns, personally.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 9:39am:
Am I the only one who likes Adamantine Knuckles then?  +2[W] - in addition to the usual epic bonus - and three slots are nice; I keep a couple of pairs on any toon that might fight unarmed, just 'cos they're so customisable and augments seem to drop like rain.

Anyone got a screenie of Thunder & Lightning?  Can't find them on the wiki.

I think it depends on what else you have.  If you have another source for Reinforced Fists and Doublestrike and Stunning, then Antipode is bringing less to the table.  You are a full die step better on the Addy Knuckles and you have two slots to make up the DPS vs. the Antipodal option.  Of course the Antipodal and the Slots are situationally more or less valuable.

The kicker is the Conflux Prowress Set.  That +4 to damage offsets the die step lost.  You still have the PRR and Attack bonuse to consider, and when upgraded, the +8 vs. +7.  So the advantage seems to go slightly to the Antipode vs. the Knuckles, but it's close.  The Knuckles are clearly easier to get.

I've seen some loot gen wraps that  have nice effects, but you always seem to lose a lot in the base damage area with loot gen wraps vs. Antipode or the Addy Knuckles. 

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
btw do you guys still use a Holy Burst ring from ToD
I'm having a hard time letting go of that

IP Logged

Var
Korthos Resident

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Dropped mine.  Ring 1 is a +8 damage of whatever (will swap to a +10 if I find a good one) and swap for ring 2 between manslayer and various dun-robar.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 7:35am:
4 att/dmg is not trivial.

Does this stack with the new 'Deadly' and 'Accuracy' items?  If not, then it's been marginalized.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Yes, and it is hard to let go of, even knowing I have better choices.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 2:13pm:
Does this stack with the new 'Deadly' and 'Accuracy' items?  If not, then it's been marginalized.

Yes it does stack.  It is an Artifact bonus, not a Competence bonus.  It does not stack with the Knight's Loyalty set or with Epic Claw Set bonus, but it does stack with just about everything else.  Including profane bonuses (Epic Abasahi Set or Nether Grasps)

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:57am:
EE Thunder and Lightning is something like +7, red slot, 4d4 sonic, 4d4 lightning, and one of the new high-level Impact enhancements, that adds 0.5[w] and doubles threat range (not stacking with IC).

They kinda suck, actually.  Who doesn't already have IC on a melee?

I'll stick with my Voltaic of Mauling and Seeker of a Thousand Suns, personally.

It does 8d4 sonic and 8d4 electric, not 4d4 of each.  It gives a +1.5[W] due to the Impact II.  That makes it equivalent to Antipode and .5[W} behind Addy Knuckles in base damage, although with Reinforced fists from another source, it would be even with Antipode on base damage.  (Minus an upgraded Antipode's +8 vs. T&L's +7 for one extra damage on the Antipode)  But the antipodal damage couldn't possible outshine 16d4 of add on damage, unless there was resistance/immunity to sonic and or lightning in play.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The 20% amp ToD ring is a bitch to give up too.  I really liked my Monk's setup pre-MoTU.  Things were much easier back then.  Alchem Wraps, ToD rings with Shintao neck, Epic Spare Hand, red dragon robes, claw set, Abashai Helm, Cloak, Boots.  Done.

Now it's all kinds of messed up.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2013 at 3:48pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
the 20%hamp ring i only used when tanking stuff

I made a list the other day with 'ok this is what I want for effects on gear when I finished the TRs for this gimp...' that list is a fucking nightmare to work out

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:14am:
I think it depends on what else you have.  If you have another source for Reinforced Fists and Doublestrike and Stunning, then Antipode is bringing less to the table.  You are a full die step better on the Addy Knuckles and you have two slots to make up the DPS vs. the Antipodal option.  Of course the Antipodal and the Slots are situationally more or less valuable.

The kicker is the Conflux Prowress Set.  That +4 to damage offsets the die step lost.  You still have the PRR and Attack bonuse to consider, and when upgraded, the +8 vs. +7.  So the advantage seems to go slightly to the Antipode vs. the Knuckles, but it's close.  The Knuckles are clearly easier to get.

I don't have Antipode 'cos I can't play long enough in a single session to do the raid; it's just the way life is for me at the moment, I've got too much else going on.  Even if I did, I think I'd keep sets of the knuckles; they're so much easier to get that there's no great hardship involved in having two or more pairs with different things slotted.

My main has two "caster" versions with combinations of spellpower slotted from his monk-splashed druid life, and two pairs with damage/devotion slotted.  I do get Reinforced Fists and Stunning from other sources, at least on my pure monk, but I'm struggling to fit Doublestrike. 

*sigh*  Gear just confuses the hell out of me now. 
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2013 at 7:32am by Persiflage »  

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #19 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 8:35pm:
Although, I still feel like my water-water-water Tier 3 wraps do really solid DPS in Epic content against any non-cold resistant mobs. 

Much harder to get/make, obviously, but I did the math a while back and found t3 alchems to be higher damage than any other wraps (including Antipodes). Assuming no cold resist of course.

Adamantine Ks were right there too, but with fewer fringe benefits (+2 stat etc).

Too bad LOB doesn't get run more.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:43pm:
Too bad LOB doesn't get run more.

stop acting as if LoB is hard, running enorm and ehard you can get all the mats you need, ok not the base wraps thats MA, just grab 2-3 guildies and shortman it, pugs really complicate this raid alot

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #21 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
stop acting as if LoB is hard, running enorm and ehard you can get all the mats you need, ok not the base wraps thats MA, just grab 2-3 guildies and shortman it, pugs really complicate this raid alot

Show us on the doll where the mean man said "Lob is hard".  We'll wait.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 3:37am
Print Post  
GFY and this is meathead we're talking about

ps i just rememberd that you might not pick up tier one fragments running only enorm and ehard so just pick the complete one from 10th list

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #23 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Quote:

ps i just rememberd that you might not pick up tier one fragments running only enorm and ehard so just pick the complete one from 10th list

The completion lists are working?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #24 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Quote:

All I said is that it's much harder to make. Even if you shortman that crap on the regular, it's a lot harder than picking up some AKs on the AH.....  I ran it quite a few times and still didn't get the t2 spirit I wanted. Then I gave up because I moved on and it wasn't vital to have anyway.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint