Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Heroic High Road? (Read 2464 times)
Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Heroic High Road?
Aug 29th, 2013 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
From https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424284-High-Road-heroic-named-items

I tried today a run to Detour on heroic elite (with a level 25), got full xp and one named item:

http://s258.photobucket.com/user/TrueHenky/media/wizardswardHE.jpg.html

Any others? I will try tomorrow the rest of the chain.

While on the topic of "high" things, I am wondering how baked the developers and QA were when they coded this abomination?

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Re: Heroic High Road?
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Ran a full group heroic elite Detour (16-19), saw nothing in the chests. Difficulty on par with House C elites - doable but not really zergable. Definitely easier than EE was at 25 cap.

There's a heroic wilderness too.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Adding content on the cheap in order to have quests for newbies who are going straight to 15 on their iconic builds and only want to play Forgotten Realms.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Nothing wrong with FR and adding some quests on lvl16, but why would you want new players to start at 15? It's better to start at lvl1 in all aspects. New players can be overwhelmed when they start at lvl15, you take away all the content from lvl1-15, that would keep them busy & interested (and paying). I'm not a fan of iconic heroes at all. *shrug* But probably the business people at Turbine are smarter than me. They also decided to put new players on Wayfinder *shrug* probably the best decision from a business standpoint.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:52am
Print Post  
I don't mind the Iconics.  They're the easiest bank toons ever!

I'm using the ones I have now as practice builds for when I can TR into them.  They should be pretty solid characters with some tomes, past lives and gear behind them.

As far as high road goes, I'm glad there's more stuff to do for 18-20.  But I'd rather see them epicking more packs, rather than the opposite.  Given the (admittedly awful) Heroic/Epic completion list we have now, I'm hoping that Epic everything is in the works.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I'd like to see more content available at epic levels.  I'd like new content vs. regurgitated content but, honestly, if it's faster, a mix of the two is fine.  Epic up some non-epic packs starting at the high end.  Epic Amrath!!!  With Epic Tower of Despair, of course.  That would be sweet.  Make those level 27 for flags and the raid level 28.  Give us Epic ToD Rings that have some seriously nasty set bonuses and keep the drop rates on the necklaces, belts, and rings the same as they are in current Amrath content.  (It's the perfect mix of grind and reward, imo.  Not too hard nor too easy). 

Also make the LoB flagging quests have epic versions.  Then go to Epic IQ, IQ2, and Reavers Reach.  Put them all in the 25-27 range on Norm to fill in the gap we have in XP earn.  Probably need to update Epic LoB and MA to be higher level to work with the epic version of flags.  And give Alchems a 4th tier at that level or a commendation upgrade process to make them viable at level 25+  It would give great epic weapon variety that is currently missing. 

After you fix the current clusterfuck that is loot right now to get all the loot on the same naming/prefixes and suffixes, ban any systems changes.  I'd be OK with scrapping the or delaying the Epic TR system for more content.  No one wants to walk to cap 28 multiple times with the current level of content.  Content first.  Then TR system.  Level cap 30 can also wait until you get some more content in place.  Nobody wants to grind another 3 million XP out of the current quest set.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint