Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Finally a reason to play divines again... (Read 1855 times)
GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Finally a reason to play divines again...
Aug 30th, 2013 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424335-Divine-Light-can-kill-Pale-Mast...

Divine Light can kill Pale Masters in public

So I was in a group with a lowlevel Paladin, me being a level 19 Wizard in lich form, when he suddenly was like "lemme try something"

He proceeded to use Divine Light, mind you, we were not in tavern brawl, not in a quest, we were in public, and this is the Result:

(Combat): _____'s divine light hit you for 180 points of light damage.

He did so twice and I was killed. I left the group to try and reproduce it, turns out you can kill any random Pale Master in undead form that is passing by. I don't think this is working as intended, because it can make really angry. Imagine being a lowlevel wizard in vampire form, not much HP yet and some Pally or Cleric suddenly goes "Let's troll that guy" and BOOM you are dead. Nothing you did, nothing you could predict, nothing you could prevent.

I already reported the bug, but from what I've heard the bug support is rather slow with catching up, so I decided to post it here as well. Why don't I stay alive in public? Because the undead form stays through entering and leaving quests, and activating it once and saving the 100 SP for in side a quest is rather nice.

Hope this reaches the devs, because I am really annoyed after that guy kept doing it several times, just for troll. After I asked him to, he stopped though, but the issue remains

P.S. please don't use it to kill ppl in public, play a fvs and use judgement, that is nasty enough for your fellow undead friends.

I especially love the PSA at the end.  Best troll ever?

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Re: Finally a reason to play divines again...
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
"Hey guys, here's how to grief Palemasters. But please don't do it."

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
How many times would this have to happen before you just start entering form when you step in to the quest?  Honestly, if something has a spell point cost to it, it should not last through entering and exiting a quest anyways.  I doubt that is WAI.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2013 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it's freakin' "hilarious"...

Ok, it's a game, and it is kind of funny, but if I had that attitude at work about bugs that suddenly reappeared in our production code after being "fixed" a year or more previously (referring to the Deathward bug here, not this new Divine Light thing), I wouldn't keep my job for very long. Even if I wasn't the one who originally wrote the code...

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 5:01pm:
"Hey guys, here's how to grief Palemasters. But please don't do it."

By all means do.  It'll get prioritized higher with Turbine the more players complain about it.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 31st, 2013 at 10:43am:
It'll get prioritized higher with Turbine the more players complain about it.

Maybe, but for the most part, this bug effects pale masters in groups with party members capable of casting deathward, which is character level 7 or higher.

That's the demographic of the pesky "veteran" players who complain about everything.

The important complaints come from the people who are quitting the game before they can spend enough money. 

Since Deathward isn't cast by people playing Harbor quests, I'm sure it'll be a lower priority than moving a decorative flower or widening the footpath to Haverdasher.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 31st, 2013 at 2:28pm:
Maybe, but for the most part, this bug effects pale masters in groups with party members capable of casting deathward, which is character level 7 or higher.

That's the demographic of the pesky "veteran" players who complain about everything.

The important complaints come from the people who are quitting the game before they can spend enough money. 

Since Deathward isn't cast by people playing Harbor quests, I'm sure it'll be a lower priority than moving a decorative flower or widening the footpath to Haverdasher.

I'm guessing you didn't read the thread. This has absolutely nothing to do with deathward making it impossible to self heal while in undead form.This is in regard to being able to kill anyone in undead form anywhere in the game with a low level paladin ability.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #7 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 1:19am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 31st, 2013 at 5:37pm:
I'm guessing you didn't read the thread. This has absolutely nothing to do with deathward making it impossible to self heal while in undead form.This is in regard to an incredibly awesome game FEATURE!

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint