Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Destinies on a lowby (Read 36448 times)
Vanshilar
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Destinies on a lowby
Reply #100 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
I think keeping destinies on lowbies would have been an interesting idea if they simply had the destinies scale as well. This way it gives a perk to those that TR, sort of like how green steel can be used starting at level 11 (another perk for TR'ers) and how past lives work; basically, a way to twink your characters for the increased grind, rewarding those who plan out their characters well, and giving any newbies that group with vets something to look forward to. This would make build options more interesting by people planning out what twists to do, rather than just focusing on building their characters for performance at level cap.

Maybe this wouldn't work with every ED, but it seems like it would work with the ones that people complain about the most. Cocoon's 150 hp too much for a level 1? Make it do Xd15 instead, where X is the character's level. Primal scream's 30d20 too much for a level 1? Make it do Xd20 instead.

Then again, I doubt Turbine thinks in terms of what would be interesting for players.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Vanshilar wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:14pm:
I think keeping destinies on lowbies would have been an interesting idea if they simply had the destinies scale as well. This way it gives a perk to those that TR, sort of like how green steel can be used starting at level 11 (another perk for TR'ers) and how past lives work; basically, a way to twink your characters for the increased grind, rewarding those who plan out their characters well, and giving any newbies that group with vets something to look forward to. This would make build options more interesting by people planning out what twists to do, rather than just focusing on building their characters for performance at level cap.

Agreed. It would also encourage TR'ing and result in store sales in hearts, xp pots, +2 destiny points etc. I have long thought along the same lines. They could also do it at intervals sort of like tomes. Level 4 allows tier one, level 8 allows tier 2's, level 12 tier 3's and level 16 tier 4's. As much since and revenue that this idea might bring them it will never happen because they did not think it up. Perhaps I am wrong but I can't really think of anything about a tier 4 that would be game breaking at level 16.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:37pm by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

RynD
Korthos Resident

Beholder the Pumpkin!

Reply #102 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:34pm:
Agreed. It would also encourage TR'ing and result in store sales in hearts, xp pots, +2 destiny points etc. I have long thought along the same lines. They could also do it at intervals sort of like tomes. Level 4 allows tier one, level 8 allows tier 2's, level 12 tier 3's and level 16 tier 4's. As much since and revenue that this idea might bring them it will never happen because they did not think it up. Perhaps I am wrong but I can't really think of anything about a tier 4 that would be game breaking at level 16.

The idea of tome scaling would be a fair way to use the EDs at lower levels; however, it can be argued that some of the best destinies are Tier 1.  Imagine Primal Scream, Cocoon, and  [Insert Whatever based on class here, or Energy Sheath].  Course by level 8 or so you would want to get rid of Scream if using for an AOE, but for a +5 buff....

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #103 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 18th, 2013 at 10:20am:
For my "top 20" gaming friends, more than half expressed this sentiment, with the added dissatisfaction that it wasn't even finished and they are still making changes.

2 of 11 for me, and for mainly the same reasons. Endless fiddling, never finishing.

IP Logged

Razaghan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:56am
Print Post  
So what changed after U20? Haven't logged in yet after patch...

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #105 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Razaghan wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:56am:
So what changed after U20? Haven't logged in yet after patch...

Read...

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1384270258

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #106 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:26am
Print Post  
I still see ppl using this on the lower levels, so my guess it's not fixed...

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #107 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Legato wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:26am:

They are definitely not fixed.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #108 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Legato wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:26am:

well.. not sure.. hvnt trd yet since update, but all my toons under 20 that trd before still have their twists... and can still swap around twists.. that being said.. i heard that fates will be reset upon tr, and unable to be spent until lvl 20.. any confirmation?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #109 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:43am:
well.. not sure.. hvnt trd yet since update, but all my toons under 20 that trd before still have their twists... and can still swap around twists.. that being said.. i heard that fates will be reset upon tr, and unable to be spent until lvl 20.. any confirmation?

They are reset.... But you can spend em fine. Least I did on my main that I TRed last night.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #110 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:46am:
They are reset.... But you can spend em fine. Least I did on my main that I TRed last night.

Smiley

I'm getting an error message about Twists every time in zone in any instance, but haven't been visiting a fatespinner yet.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #111 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:59am:
Smiley

I'm getting an error message about Twists every time in zone in any instance, but haven't been visiting a fatespinner yet.

I was getting that too. I didn't do anything special to spend fate points. So, I dunno.

IP Logged

Devex
Korthos Resident

Reply #112 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Still works fine for me. Fate points are reset but you can spend them and twist EDs just like before U20

IP Logged

ghostbane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:34pm:

Scream is only a tier 1.  It is boss at low/mid levels and probably the best low-level zerg assistant you can ask for.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 1:46pm:
Just make sure BEFORE you TR, you jump into a shit ED. When you hit 20, go back

I forgot to do this before I TR'd a few months ago and now I am sad.

IP Logged

stardate2115
Dragon Raider

..!..

Reply #115 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Can confirm ... Still using ed's even on new tr

..!..       ..!..

IP Logged

Ediot
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 7:08am
Print Post  
1 - Equip a ghost bane weapon
2 - Equip the highest jump item (or drink a jump pot)
3 - Go in front of the Fatespinner and jump 3 times, while pressing the left mouse button to auto-attack with the ghostbane weapon
4 - ???
5 - Free Destiny on Lowbie!

looks familiar?

IP Logged

Name_Is_Not_Allowed
Korthos Resident

Reply #117 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Don't remember if this happened pre-patch or not, but I messed up my feat progression on a new TR and did a swap with Fred... Blam... Turbine took my toys away. All destiny trees completely reset to 0 points spent.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #118 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Name_Is_Not_Allowed wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 8:37am:
Don't remember if this happened pre-patch or not, but I messed up my feat progression on a new TR and did a swap with Fred... Blam... Turbine took my toys away. All destiny trees completely reset to 0 points spent.

Yeah, I did the same thing months back.  Stupid thing is, I'd read about it happening and just plain forgot  :/  It didn't matter at all of course, particularly as the toon in question was a caster, but 'tis the principle of the thing!

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Ediot wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 7:08am:
3 - Go in front of the Fatespinner and jump 3 times, while pressing the left mouse button to auto-attack with the ghostbane weapon
4 - ???

looks familiar?

Yeah, I remember a faggot just like you.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #120 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:26am
Print Post  
DiddleDoo wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 8:57am:
Yeah, I remember a faggot just like you.

You?

IP Logged

Name_Is_Not_Allowed
Korthos Resident

Reply #121 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 8:47am:
Yeah, I did the same thing months back.  Stupid thing is, I'd read about it happening and just plain forgot  :/  It didn't matter at all of course, particularly as the toon in question was a caster, but 'tis the principle of the thing!

Damn... Well... Thankfully I'm a blue bar life too. So basically, Turbine's already had to way to "fix" this "feature" for quite some time, but didn't build it into the reincarnation process even after redoing the whole system. The level of incompetence (or blatant indifference to the quality of their product) is impressive. *sigh*

IP Logged

DiddleDoo
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:49am
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:26am:
You?

You'd know, big guy.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #123 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Name_Is_Not_Allowed wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:36am:
Damn... Well... Thankfully I'm a blue bar life too. So basically, Turbine's already had to way to "fix" this "feature" for quite some time, but didn't build it into the reincarnation process even after redoing the whole system. The level of incompetence (or blatant indifference to the quality of their product) is impressive. *sigh*

Hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth; the refrain since I started playing has been "Turbine leap to fix things that benefit players, but leave the other bugs untouched".  They're not actually fixing the harmful stuff yet, but in that context you could see "not fixing the helpful stuff" as a step in the right direction  Wink

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #124 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Ediot wrote on Nov 14th, 2013 at 7:08am:
4 - ???

looks familiar?

You forgot the "listen up you dumfucks... part" at the beginning.  Post failed.    Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint