Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Destinies on a lowby (Read 36403 times)
Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Re: Destinies on a lowby
Reply #25 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
I like dance of flowers and legendary tactics on my mutli-TR monk platform.  Basically undetectable by whiners, and a fair boost in damage output.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:14pm:
I like dance of flowers and legendary tactics on my mutli-TR monk platform.  Basically undetectable by whiners, and a fair boost in damage output.

Ah yeah, forgot about Dance of Flowers as I've been running Carnifex most my TR's lately but that's an outstanding one to add a bit of extra damage (especially if you're in Winter Wolf form while centered).

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #27 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:14pm:

I just got a PM from the local lurking Turbine rep here. Since you were Sarlonely enough to list your toons, the exploit ban will be easy for them to administer. Tsk tsk tsk. It is only 10 days, so no biggie.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #28 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I just said I like 'em, didn't say I was using them.

Smiley

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:22pm:
I just got a PM from the local lurking Turbine rep here. Since you were Sarlonely enough to list your toons, the exploit ban will be easy for them to administer. Tsk tsk tsk. It is only 10 days, so no biggie.

-47 on the troll charts

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #30 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
What about dryad? It's basically a Healer-summon with a lightning-attack that gives ~300 dmg.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Legato
Titan Demolisher

I fart in your general
direction!

Reply #31 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
This stuff helps TR faster before they wipe all the epic destinies XP...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #32 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Only works if you PDK favor "Key" to Eveningstar and use the Epic Trainer there...  Don't detour.

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Oh fuck.  If anyone wants to be fight-clubby about THIS at THIS point, I say go fuck a tree. =)

The way this used to work was you just reset your shit with the Epic Trainer.  Then you can re-assign your twists.  I haven't tried it recently, but that's all you had to do.

I've currently got Energy Burst (and other things) twisted on a lowbie and a host of other lowbie TR toons who have nice twists that I'm still running.  I don't really try to exploit it much.  It's not necessary on any competent toons.  I do slam an Energy Burst every once in awhile, if I remember to.

95% of the people here pretending to be fight-clubby have no clue how to do it.  They like to pretend they do so they can feel special. 
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2013 at 7:28pm by IMARANGER »  

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 7:24pm:
It's not necessary on any competent toons

It's more about blowing through your remaining past lives as fast as possible before Turbine totally fucks you over by resetting ED XP in U20.  They still haven't said they aren't doing that, even after all the harsh feedback.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 8:56pm:
It's more about blowing through your remaining past lives as fast as possible before Turbine totally fucks you over by resetting ED XP in U20.  They still haven't said they aren't doing that, even after all the harsh feedback.

So what are the odds that U21 or later will feature a new class to require completionists to TR if they want the feat back?

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:06pm:
So what are the odds that U21 or later will feature a new class to require completionists to TR if they want the feat back?

I have no sympathy for completionists.  They invited the pain. Smiley

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:12pm:
I have no sympathy for completionists.  They invited the pain. Smiley

Haven't they suffered enough already? Your views are inhumane at best.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #38 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:22pm:

Fuck I hate brown noses

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
The twists are over powered in heroics. But, hey every one is doing it. Who do I think I am not to!

Mainly twisting these

Cocoon -life shield asks what do traps do?

Primal Scream- 1 shots most bosses until level 5-6, though still clears mobs until lv 10~

Momentum Swing, or Sense Weakness if on Melee.

Energy Burst- gets better mid to high levels, and Endless faith if on caster life.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:30pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #40 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 12:20am
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 9:21pm:
Fuck I hate brown noses

You actually responded to a post that wasn't long dead...  Holy shit!   Now, having failed your /troll check, go back to fishing for Tootsie Rolls in the cat litter box and let the grown ups have their fun.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #41 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 12:22am
Print Post  
deftest wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
-47 on the troll charts

No shit.  But he did realize that talking about exploits while listing your toon names might not be a good idea...

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #42 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 2:47am:
Well you have access to the Special Pony Board instead.  Grin

I am 77.12% sure that that board exists only in my head. I hope not though, I enjoy posting there.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #43 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:07pm:
Examples of twists that get panties into big bunches include Cocoon, Primal Scream, Boulder Toss, Lay Waste and Momentum Swing...basically anything with a visible animation or effect...

If this is something you're concerned about, the visual effect of Blur seems to overwrite/negate the visual effect of Cocoon.  The jump in temp HP, of course, is still a giveaway if anyone is paying attention to your red bar.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #44 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 4:30am
Print Post  
deftest wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
-47 on the troll charts

TROLLOLEARNING!

IP Logged

swampshape
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Lvl 4 magister -call kindred being (meteor swarm) is awesome all the way to 20. It runs out of mana quickly but you just resummon when off cooldown. 1 min is plenty and the summon is zero mana to use.

Just get scrolls or some other regular summon if you are worried about people complaining. Use meteor swarm when over in some part of the quest solo-then pop your regular summon when other party members get nearby to unsummon the swarm.

Also good, wild shots-free mana aoe every 15 secs or so. 500 dmg and only tier 1.

Cocoon and boulder toss are awesome, as stated by others. Boulder toss does more damage than wild shots but is single target only. Use cocoon just before running through a trap.

Remember when you TR not to be in the destiny of any of the twists you might want to use. Don't reset enhancements cause it will clear your destinies.

This used to be mentioned on ddo wiki page about twists (right at the bottom) Not sure if still there but couldn't say this is fight club really.

Energy burst is less useful cause it looks at spell power and scales with char lvl.

Damn I hate typing on bloody phone!
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2013 at 4:59am by swampshape »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #46 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 10:25am
Print Post  
DDOwiki has a no-exploit (by Turbine's definition) policy. Sometimes someone sneaks one in, but it'll almost always get edited out or even deleted (no history) if it's bad enough.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #47 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 4th, 2013 at 8:56pm:

I expect them to announce some kind of store thing that will allow you to keep your ED XP. It'll only cost 2495 TP...

On-topic: Once they fix this bug, they'll then also offer something to allow you to use one tier 1 Twist in Heroic levels. For another 2495 TP.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2013 at 10:56am by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 10:59am
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Sep 5th, 2013 at 1:26am:
If this is something you're concerned about, the visual effect of Blur seems to overwrite/negate the visual effect of Cocoon.  The jump in temp HP, of course, is still a giveaway if anyone is paying attention to your red bar.

Yeah, my son yelled at me once for the jump in temp HP Tongue

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #49 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 9:53am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Sep 5th, 2013 at 10:25am:
DDOwiki has a no-exploit (by Turbine's definition) policy. Sometimes someone sneaks one in, but it'll almost always get edited out or even deleted (no history) if it's bad enough.

I think someone from Turbine puts stuff on DDOWiki...

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint