Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Where the hell is this game going? (Read 3837 times)
JoRooke
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Where the hell is this game going?
Reply #25 - Sep 7th, 2013 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I'm not an endgame player at all - I don't raid  (haven't ever) and I have never TRed.  I have 5 toons between levels 20 and 25 and another 12 between level 8 and 20.  Not a huge stable, by any means.  I mostly play with my husband and sometimes with another friend or two in a small guild.  Very occasionally I PUG.

When the new expansion hit my husband and I had countless rows (how sad is that - it's only a game!) about Turbine destroying all my toons.  You see - he really likes building things and had a great time with his 30-ish alts, respeccing their enhancements  and 'making them all much better than they were' - apart from the three he had to delete because they couldn't be fixed.

I on the other hand, could not face the rebuilding, the trying to get them back to where they were (or close to it), the trying to make them better.  My toons have all evolved with no particular plan in mind just taking enhancements when they levelled. I really did not want to have to spend hours trying to understand 'this new thing' (which of course is 'baaaad, mkay') and trying to fix my toons from scratch.  It was enough to stop me playing.  Everytime I logged in and looked at one toon, I would log off and go do something else.

This did not please 'im indoors.  In the end, so that I would start playing again, he fixed them all for me.  They aren't the same and I really don't feel the same about them (I guess because they are not all mine anymore).  I liked how they were before.

In time I might get used to them and like them again, but right now...I don't know.

JR

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Re: Where the hell is this game going?
Reply #26 - Sep 7th, 2013 at 11:49am
Print Post  
But did you try the new random weapons?  Undead are easier now!

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint