Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Heroic High Road (Read 933 times)
spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Heroic High Road
Sep 9th, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Credit where its due. Heroic Elite High Road quests on a group of sub level 20s are a blast. As with every thing else in the game, a prepared group could chew through it pretty well, but if you get cocky, you'll get your ass handed to you.

The group I was in was terrible - a dwarf tank who couldn't keep my staff rogue from getting aggro regularly and managed to annoy the capable wizard enough to make him drop, a sorc who couldn't do damage, an arti with no noticeable dps, and hireling heals, so it made it doubly a challenge.

Heroic Elite seems to be scaled to where Epic Normal in the chain is, with maybe some things even a little harder. The listed CR of some of the bosses seemed higher than on Epic Normal for instance, and HP totals may have been 2-3 times as high.

The Heroic Elite Treads are ML 18 and only 1 DEX behind the EN. Bracers are 1 Seeker and 1 Resistance behind EN, so I will be getting some mileage out of those.

Of course part of my enjoyment may have been seeing how often everyone died. Well worth 30 or so Raise scrolls...

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: Heroic High Road
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Your artificer had no DPS cause everything in there has evasion and a 45+ reflex save.  (And, no, I’m not exaggerating.)

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 2:36pm:
Your artificer had no DPS cause everything in there has evasion and a 45+ reflex save.  (And, no, I’m not exaggerating.)

That would explain some of his struggles. Guessing their fortitude saves are in the same range too, based on my stun results on things that could be stunned.

But this was less about party capability than how nice it was to be challenged. Got me out of complacency for sure. I suppose its going to be nerfed soon. 

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
To be fair, staff builds are crazy good in heroic (and epic, but ssh).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint